Freedom of Speech takes a hit in Michigan

The government is punishing free speech based on opinion, not law. That should concern anyone who values freedom. Clearly loony lefties need not apply.
You mean Congress is policing its members? And? The House voted last year to censure Rashida Tlaib over comment's she made regarding the conflict in Gaza and they've taken committee assignments away from Marjorie Taylor Greene.

You mean Congress is policing its members? And? The House voted last year to censure Rashida Tlaib over comment's she made regarding the conflict in Gaza and they've taken committee assignments away from Marjorie Taylor Greene.
Sleazy liberals saying something is 'racist' without any legitimate cause is no reason to violate somebody's rights.

What right was violated? Where in the Constitution do you have a right to committee assignments?
Punitive action for exercising his Constitutional rights while being judged on opinion not law. You have no right not to be offended, yet everyone has the right to say 'offensive' things. Emotionally fragile liberals are simply lashing out like children. It's pathetic.

Punitive action for exercising his Constitutional rights while being judged on opinion not law. You have no right not to be offended, yet everyone has the right to say 'offensive' things. Emotionally fragile liberals are simply lashing out like children. It's pathetic.
And you feel the same way about Republicans who censured Rashida Tlaib over comment's they found offense?

(1) I read the Examiner article.

(2) It defines the "replacement theory" as meaning that Caucasians will soon be replaced as the majority ethnicity.

a. That is simply a fact, according to demographers who project that the United States of America will be a nation with no majority ethnicity by about 2050.

(3) The gentleman wanted to post that map.

(4) He no doubt graciously accepts the consequences.

(5) And I assume he will be reelected by a large majority.

You have no absolute right to say what you want without blowback
I don't disagree with this premise. Objective criticism, however fair and unbiased it is presented, any dissenters will throw out claims of racism or other ways to illogically refute or disparage the commentary. And that's the problem. Critical listening, thinking, and digesting of the commentary is no longer the correct response. Instead, overtly emotionally based, biased quips and illogical outrage of virtue signaling is becoming the acceptable norm.

A perfect example is the Chris Harrison debacle from the "Bachelor" series. He was having a reasonable conversation with a Black Female host of "Extra" who was also a former contestant. Chris was asking that people to not quickly crucify and label a contestant who attended a sorority party where they dressed in Old South dresses. The conversation between Harrison and the host ended with no issues. It wasn't until the Black Female host started getting feedback from social media that Harrison was trying to defend the racist past of America, and quickly the black female host turned on Harrison and then Harrison, who had a long time running history with the show, bowed out, Unjustifiably so. Why? Because people are unwilling to sit and listen and have reasonable discourse.

Last edited:
And you feel the same way about Republicans who censured Rashida Tlaib over comment's they found offense?
Of course, I'm not a hypocrite. Hater Tlaib is free to say whatever she wants. I'm not emotionally fragile, so offensive speech and tweets really don't bother me. The world needs to toughen up and stop be perpetually offended by things best ignored.

If offensive speech isn't protected, no speech is. Nobody whines about unoffensive speech.

Of course, I'm not a hypocrite. Hater Tlaib is free to say whatever she wants. I'm not emotionally fragile, so offensive speech and tweets really don't bother me. The world needs to toughen up and stop be perpetually offended by things best ignored.

If offensive speech isn't protected, no speech is. Nobody whines about unoffensive speech.
What sort of protection do you think your speech deserves? And is it not fair to hold people in positions accountable when their impartiality to the public is called into question? What about a cop who flies a Nazi flag in the front of his house? Are Jewish citizens supposed to trust his commitment to preserving their rights?

So you want to deny him his right to free speech?
Taking away his freedom of speech would entail forcing him to remove his nazi flag or jailing him for his nazi flag. I don't advocate for either one of those. What he has no right to is public trust. He can fly the flag he just can't do so and also be someone entrusted to preserve all citizens rights.

/——/ I’m so old I remember when liberals were the champions of free speech. The libs of the 1960s would be horrified.
You haven't even identified what violation of free speech you're talking about. You're free to say whatever you want.

Forum List

Back