democrats in Colorado want to get rid of armed school staff.....

Nothing helps the gun control agenda as much as dead school children. This is why democrats fight so hard to keep schools gun free zones....they need dead children, in schools, so they can drag them in front of democrat party media in order to stampede uninformed Americans into giving them power and gun control.

Colorado has had an armed school staff law in effect for 20 years. They implemented it after Columbine and there hasn't been a problem in the schools that actually adopted it.....

But......the democrats now want to end the program......

For the past 20 years, Colorado’s K-12 schools have had an affordable option to protect their children. School boards have been able to authorize selected employees as an armed security team. These security team members have had background checks, been vetted, been trained, have passed qualification tests on par with those tests given to law enforcement, and have been on campuses throughout the state with zero problems since their inception.
-----
On Friday, House Bill 24-1310 was introduced. The key feature of this bill is the complete elimination of the current armed school staff protocols that have been operating safely in Colorado for 20 years, and the elimination of the ability to carry on campuses of higher education.
The K-12 schools in Colorado that have armed security teams represent schools in 41 of Colorado’s school districts. They have had armed security teams under the existing 20-year-old law with no negative issues.
-----

The armed school employees who have been through FASTER Colorado training number around 400, and we know of many more who get their training elsewhere. So, what is this law attempting to improve?
---
In addition to operating with no negative issues, there have been a handful of reports from FASTER-trained schools through the years that led to the conclusion having armed staff has been a deterrent to violence on campus. In fact, according to the Crime Prevention Research Center, schools that allow armed staff haven’t seen any school shootings during school hours, further reinforcing the deterrent effect.

-----------
As for the contrast to that, look again at Columbine.

This was before FASTER-trained staff even existed in the state. No one was carrying a firearm on a school campus and how did that work out? There was no one in that school who could meet the two violent dipsticks on equal footing. Instead, people hid and waited to die.

If I were in Colorado my first question would be do any government officials have armed police protection?

Mayors, judges ect?

If so that needs to stop before libs even think of not protecting the children

Right. In military terms called a "defense in depth".

Hardened facilities and armed faculty are needed. Proper physical security would lower the odds of the faculty having to use their weapons.
As would be firing teachers like the one in Texas that blocked an ordinarily locked access door open so she could run out to her car without going through the office. Remember, THAT'S what allowed the shooter access to the building. Security is a state of mind. When I worked in the telephone company central office, I'd find the outside techs had repeatedly written the access punch code on the OUTSIDE of the door. I was constantly erasing the codes since I lacked the ability and authority to change the codes. I've been retired nearly ten years and I'd bet I could go back and get into the building, which is especially bad now that it's an unmanned location. One person with a sledgehammer could put tens of thousands of people incommunicado INCLUDING cell phones because the cell phone companies connect to the network inside the central offices. Their "secure" facilities are simply chain link enclosures without tops that are easily climbed over.

Welcome back t 2aguy.

People hoped he would clean up his act.

Should have known better.

Nothing helps the gun control agenda as much as dead school children. This is why democrats fight so hard to keep schools gun free zones....they need dead children, in schools, so they can drag them in front of democrat party media in order to stampede uninformed Americans into giving them power and gun control.

Colorado has had an armed school staff law in effect for 20 years. They implemented it after Columbine and there hasn't been a problem in the schools that actually adopted it.....

But......the democrats now want to end the program......

For the past 20 years, Colorado’s K-12 schools have had an affordable option to protect their children. School boards have been able to authorize selected employees as an armed security team. These security team members have had background checks, been vetted, been trained, have passed qualification tests on par with those tests given to law enforcement, and have been on campuses throughout the state with zero problems since their inception.
-----
On Friday, House Bill 24-1310 was introduced. The key feature of this bill is the complete elimination of the current armed school staff protocols that have been operating safely in Colorado for 20 years, and the elimination of the ability to carry on campuses of higher education.
The K-12 schools in Colorado that have armed security teams represent schools in 41 of Colorado’s school districts. They have had armed security teams under the existing 20-year-old law with no negative issues.
-----

The armed school employees who have been through FASTER Colorado training number around 400, and we know of many more who get their training elsewhere. So, what is this law attempting to improve?
---
In addition to operating with no negative issues, there have been a handful of reports from FASTER-trained schools through the years that led to the conclusion having armed staff has been a deterrent to violence on campus. In fact, according to the Crime Prevention Research Center, schools that allow armed staff haven’t seen any school shootings during school hours, further reinforcing the deterrent effect.

-----------
As for the contrast to that, look again at Columbine.

This was before FASTER-trained staff even existed in the state. No one was carrying a firearm on a school campus and how did that work out? There was no one in that school who could meet the two violent dipsticks on equal footing. Instead, people hid and waited to die.

All Democrats want is to teach our kids to be Fags.

Welcome back t 2aguy.

People hoped he would clean up his act.

Should have known better.

What do you mean “welcome back?”

I didn’t go anywhere and I haven’t been penalized by the mods….

Guns aren't necessarily needed. Hardened security in the form of bullet resistant glass, bullet resistant doors, CCTV, interior locked doors, etc can stop an active shooter.

Instead of spending hundreds-of-millions of dollars on bullshit foreign aid, we could spend that money on securing school houses.
A safe gun culture does exactly the same

A safe gun culture does exactly the same

We have a safe gun culture....the problem is the democrat party keeps releasing violent criminals over and over again...

Don't worry, the leftists and muslims in Britain are doing the same thing.....

Forum List

Back