Elijah - God's Prophet

This is a study of Elijah's life and the call of God upon his life. It is also a study of the effects Baal worship has upon a people, a nation and the judgment of God it brings. A little over 50 years had passed by since Israel had enjoyed righteous leadership under the rule of King David and from that time less than a century later - we see the kingdom God established become over run with evil. It was a steady decline which resulted in the rule of Ahab and his wicked wife, Jezebel. When Ahab became king of Israel God said that he had done evil above all that were before him. (1 Kings 14:9) No ruler before him had ever had such an evil heart, had every ruled so wickedly as king Ahab did! He and his evil queen had brought Israel to the depths of sin through Baal worship and immersing the people in satanic sins. God had seen enough and now he was sending His prophet to confront the sin in the land, pronounce His judgment over the land and set His house (Israel) in order.

The story of Elijah is the story of good vs. evil, righteousness vs. wickedness, the servants of Baal vs the servants of God and the ultimate confrontation between the two which resulted in the servants of Baal being defeated and put to open shame. The victory of Elijah is a great lesson to the church of what to do and what not to do when our nation is ruled by the wicked and they are spreading themselves out like a bay tree.

We begin with rulers that preceded Ahab so that we may see the condition of Israel prior to Ahabs' ascension to the throne - ruling over the people of Israel.

For the sake of time (due to the length of this lesson from Scripture), I'm posting links for Scriptures used by KJV Bible Online. I will also be giving credit to the many authors who have written about Elijah (when I quote them). I want to share their observations here which I find to be very important and revealing when studying the life of Elijah. Other than King David - I do not believe I have examined anyone's life more closely than that of Elijah's (in the old Testament). There have been many books written about his life and his confrontation with Baal worship, Ahab and Jezebel. He is very important prophet of the Bible.

Beginning here:

1 Kings 15 KJV

Abijam's Wicked Reign in Judah

(2 Chronicles 13:1-3)
1Now in the eighteenth year of king Jeroboam the son of Nebat reigned Abijam over Judah. 2Three years reigned he in Jerusalem. And his mother's name was Maachah, the daughter of Abishalom. 3And he walked in all the sins of his father, which he had done before him: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as the heart of David his father. 4Nevertheless for David's sake did the LORD his God give him a lamp in Jerusalem, to set up his son after him, and to establish Jerusalem: 5Because David did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, and turned not aside from anything that he commanded him all the days of his life, save only in the matter of Uriah the Hittite. 6And there was war between Rehoboam and Jeroboam all the days of his life.

7Now the rest of the acts of Abijam, and all that he did, are they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Judah? And there was war between Abijam and Jeroboam.

8And Abijam slept with his fathers; and they buried him in the city of David: and Asa his son reigned in his stead.

Did you know that when the chariot from heaven came and took Elijah it took him to another part of the earth( retired) the heaven mentioned was just our atmosphere, because 10 years later Elijah wrote a letter to the king. 2Chron 21:12-15

No, I have never heard that before, kwj47. I believe that the Bible states that Elijah was caught up to heaven. The letter you mention is believed to have been written by him earlier and delivered by way of Elisha or one of the other prophets. Jehoram was Jehoshoshapat's son. The Book of Chronicles was the record of what had taken place.

For an example:

On that night could not the king sleep, and he commanded to bring the book of records of the chronicles; and they were read before the king.
Esther 6:1

So the king was reading the record of events having taken place before and by doing this he learns that Mordecai was responsible for saving his life and had never received recognition of that fact.

the word heaven is used in 3 different senses in the bible--1) our atmosphere--2) outer space--3) Gods dwelling place

Gods word clearly teaches not 1 mortal entered heaven( Gods dwelling place, before Jesus ascended.

He would suffocate in outer space--he went through our atmosphere to another place( retired) --Elisha took over.

This is a study of Elijah's life and the call of God upon his life. It is also a study of the effects Baal worship has upon a people, a nation and the judgment of God it brings. A little over 50 years had passed by since Israel had enjoyed righteous leadership under the rule of King David and from that time less than a century later - we see the kingdom God established become over run with evil. It was a steady decline which resulted in the rule of Ahab and his wicked wife, Jezebel. When Ahab became king of Israel God said that he had done evil above all that were before him. (1 Kings 14:9) No ruler before him had ever had such an evil heart, had every ruled so wickedly as king Ahab did! He and his evil queen had brought Israel to the depths of sin through Baal worship and immersing the people in satanic sins. God had seen enough and now he was sending His prophet to confront the sin in the land, pronounce His judgment over the land and set His house (Israel) in order.

The story of Elijah is the story of good vs. evil, righteousness vs. wickedness, the servants of Baal vs the servants of God and the ultimate confrontation between the two which resulted in the servants of Baal being defeated and put to open shame. The victory of Elijah is a great lesson to the church of what to do and what not to do when our nation is ruled by the wicked and they are spreading themselves out like a bay tree.

We begin with rulers that preceded Ahab so that we may see the condition of Israel prior to Ahabs' ascension to the throne - ruling over the people of Israel.

For the sake of time (due to the length of this lesson from Scripture), I'm posting links for Scriptures used by KJV Bible Online. I will also be giving credit to the many authors who have written about Elijah (when I quote them). I want to share their observations here which I find to be very important and revealing when studying the life of Elijah. Other than King David - I do not believe I have examined anyone's life more closely than that of Elijah's (in the old Testament). There have been many books written about his life and his confrontation with Baal worship, Ahab and Jezebel. He is very important prophet of the Bible.

Beginning here:

1 Kings 15 KJV

1Now in the eighteenth year of king Jeroboam the son of Nebat reigned Abijam over Judah. 2Three years reigned he in Jerusalem. And his mother's name was Maachah, the daughter of Abishalom. 3And he walked in all the sins of his father, which he had done before him: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as the heart of David his father. 4Nevertheless for David's sake did the LORD his God give him a lamp in Jerusalem, to set up his son after him, and to establish Jerusalem: 5Because David did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, and turned not aside from anything that he commanded him all the days of his life, save only in the matter of Uriah the Hittite. 6And there was war between Rehoboam and Jeroboam all the days of his life.

7Now the rest of the acts of Abijam, and all that he did, are they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Judah? And there was war between Abijam and Jeroboam.

8And Abijam slept with his fathers; and they buried him in the city of David: and Asa his son reigned in his stead.

Did you know that when the chariot from heaven came and took Elijah it took him to another part of the earth( retired) the heaven mentioned was just our atmosphere, because 10 years later Elijah wrote a letter to the king. 2Chron 21:12-15

No, I have never heard that before, kwj47. I believe that the Bible states that Elijah was caught up to heaven. The letter you mention is believed to have been written by him earlier and delivered by way of Elisha or one of the other prophets. Jehoram was Jehoshoshapat's son. The Book of Chronicles was the record of what had taken place.

For an example:

On that night could not the king sleep, and he commanded to bring the book of records of the chronicles; and they were read before the king.

So the king was reading the record of events having taken place before and by doing this he learns that Mordecai was responsible for saving his life and had never received recognition of that fact.

the word heaven is used in 3 different senses in the bible--1) our atmosphere--2) outer space--3) Gods dwelling place

Gods word clearly teaches not 1 mortal entered heaven( Gods dwelling place, before Jesus ascended.

He would suffocate in outer space--he went through our atmosphere to another place( retired) --Elisha took over.

I understand the use and definitions of the word "heavens" but in this scripture Elijah was caught up into heaven where Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets presently are. Elijah is in heaven.

It is written:
And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.
2 Kings 2:11

Here is a commentary on the matter of Elijah -
2 Kings 2 Pulpit Commentary

2 Kings 2:1
And it came to pass, when the LORD would take up Elijah into heaven by a whirlwind, that Elijah went with Elisha from Gilgal.
Verse 1. - And it came to pass, when the Lord would take up Elijah into heaven. The subject is introduced as one of general notoriety, the writer professing rather to give the exact details of a well-known fact, than to relate a new fact unknown to his readers. "When the time came," he means to say, "for Elijah's translation, of which you, my readers, all know, the following were the circumstances under which it took place." The fact itself was deeply impressed on the Jewish consciousness. "Elias," says the Sou of Sirach, "was taken up in a whirlwind of fire, and in a chariot of fiery homes" (Ecclus. 48:9). He was ranked with Enoch, as not having seen death (Josephus, 'Ant. Jud.,' 9:2. § 2), and was viewed as "continuing in heaven a mysterious life, which no death had ever interrupted, whence he was ready at any time to return to earth" (Ewald, 'History of Israel,' vol. 4. p. 113). The scribes thought that he was beyond all doubt to make his appearance upon the earth in person, before the coming of the Messiah (Matthew 16:10). By a whirlwind. Sa'arach is not so much an actual "whirlwind" as a storm or atmospheric disturbance (συσσεισμός, LXX.). It is a word which only occurs here in the historical Scriptures. That Elijah went with Elisha from Gilgal. Elisha had become to Elijah what Joshua was to Moses (Exodus 24:13) - his "minister," or regular attendant, from the time of his call at Abel-meholah (1 Kings 19:21). Elijah had no fixed residence, but moved from place to place as the Spirit of God suggested. His wanderings had now brought him to Gilgal (probably Jiljilieh, near Nablous), one of the most ancient sanctuaries of the land (1 Samuel 10:8; 1 Samuel 11:15, etc.), celebrated in the history of Saul and Samuel.

Last edited:

Beginning here:

1 Kings 15 KJV

For an example:

I understand the use and definitions of the word "heavens" but in this scripture Elijah was caught up into heaven where Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets presently are. Elijah is in heaven.

It is written:
And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.
2 Kings 2:11

Here is a commentary on the matter of Elijah -
2 Kings 2 Pulpit Commentary

2 Kings 2:1
And it came to pass, when the LORD would take up Elijah into heaven by a whirlwind, that Elijah went with Elisha from Gilgal.
Verse 1. - And it came to pass, when the Lord would take up Elijah into heaven. The subject is introduced as one of general notoriety, the writer professing rather to give the exact details of a well-known fact, than to relate a new fact unknown to his readers. "When the time came," he means to say, "for Elijah's translation, of which you, my readers, all know, the following were the circumstances under which it took place." The fact itself was deeply impressed on the Jewish consciousness. "Elias," says the Sou of Sirach, "was taken up in a whirlwind of fire, and in a chariot of fiery homes" (Ecclus. 48:9). He was ranked with Enoch, as not having seen death (Josephus, 'Ant. Jud.,' 9:2. § 2), and was viewed as "continuing in heaven a mysterious life, which no death had ever interrupted, whence he was ready at any time to return to earth" (Ewald, 'History of Israel,' vol. 4. p. 113). The scribes thought that he was beyond all doubt to make his appearance upon the earth in person, before the coming of the Messiah (Matthew 16:10). By a whirlwind. Sa'arach is not so much an actual "whirlwind" as a storm or atmospheric disturbance (συσσεισμός, LXX.). It is a word which only occurs here in the historical Scriptures. That Elijah went with Elisha from Gilgal. Elisha had become to Elijah what Joshua was to Moses (Exodus 24:13) - his "minister," or regular attendant, from the time of his call at Abel-meholah (1 Kings 19:21). Elijah had no fixed residence, but moved from place to place as the Spirit of God suggested. His wanderings had now brought him to Gilgal (probably Jiljilieh, near Nablous), one of the most ancient sanctuaries of the land (1 Samuel 10:8; 1 Samuel 11:15, etc.), celebrated in the history of Saul and Samuel.

The commentary is wrong--Gods word teaches--not 1 mortal entered heaven before Jesus ascended.
Bible chronology has the letter written 10 years after the chariot event.

Chronicles does not state who delivered the letter nor when. As I said before you were quoting Jehoshaphats' son. It could have been Elisha or one of the other prophets. It does not say. As for entering heaven without dying first - we see that Enoch was caught up into heaven too - are you telling me that you do not believe that Enoch is in heaven?

The Commentary is not wrong.

Chronicles does not state who delivered the letter nor when. As I said before you were quoting Jehoshaphats' son. It could have been Elisha or one of the other prophets. It does not say. As for entering heaven without dying first - we see that Enoch was caught up into heaven too - are you telling me that you do not believe that Enoch is in heaven?

No one ever entered Gods dwelling place( Heaven) before Jesus ascended--Gods word is clear on that matter.

Acts 2:34--David didn't go to heaven a man agreeable to Jehovahs heart
John the Baptist didn't go to heaven--Matt 11:11
Job a truly righteous man, prayed to go to Sheol( grave) not heaven.

Gods word is clear at Rev 14:3--144,000( little flock-luke 12:32) are bought from the earth to heaven. The great crowd is not ever promised heaven.
The psalmist knew Gods truth--Psalm 37:9,11,29--Jesus at Matt 5:5--Blessed are the meek for they will inherit the earth.

No one ever entered Gods dwelling place( Heaven) before Jesus ascended--Gods word is clear on that matter.

Gods word is clear at Rev 14:3--144,000( little flock-luke 12:32) are bought from the earth to heaven. The great crowd is not ever promised heaven.
The psalmist knew Gods truth--Psalm 37:9,11,29--Jesus at Matt 5:5--Blessed are the meek for they will inherit the earth.

I know that you are a Jehovah's Witness and that you all have your own bible - New World Translations? Is that the name of it? Anyhow, your prophet was a false teacher - the 144,000 spoken of in Revelations are pure, holy, undefiled Jews. I have never met a Jehovah Witness that was a Jew in my life. If they are out there they are more rare than the albino deer.

Elijah was caught up to heaven. The Bible is clear on that. As for your book? I do not know what it says as I have never read it before.

New World Translation Jehovah s Witnesses Bible ERRORS Exposed John 1 Greber

Is The New World Translation Pure and Consistent as Claimed?
Another claim of the Watchtower Society about their New World Translation (the Jehovah's Witnesses Bible) is that it is pure and consistent:In presenting this translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures our confidence has been in the help of the great Author of The Book. Our primary desire has been to seek, not the approval of men, but that of God, by rendering the truth of his inspired Word as purely and as consistently as our consecrated powers make possible.(9)But when we check the Greek word translated worship when used for Jesus, it is renderedobeisance, but worship at other times! As previously shown, we see an attack on the identity of the Lord. Where exactly did the New World Translation inconsistently translate the Greek word meaningworship?

In Mt. 2:11; 14:33; 28:9; 28:17 the Greek word is translated obeisance because it refers to the Lord Jesus, but when the same exact Greek word is used at Rev. 5:14; 7:11; 11:16; 19:4; 20:4 and Jn. 4:20 it is rendered worshiped because it doesn't refer to Jesus.

The same inconsistency is shown at Jn. 9:38 and Mk.5:6. It is translated obeisance when referring to Jesus, but worship at Heb. 11:21 when it doesn't refer to Jesus.

Moreover, the same Greek word is found at Mt. 2:2; Rev. 22:8 and Rev. 19:10. At Mt. 2:2, when Jesus is the recipient, obeisance is again used, but in the other two Scriptures, when the Lord is not the recipient, worship is found! Jesus was worshiped in Scripture by Christians, but the Jehovah's Witnesses aren't allowed to worship him!

Last edited:
More errors in the New World Translation for you to examine:

The John 8:58 New World Translation Distortion
The New World Translation also wrongly translates John 8:58! Their strange rendering for this verse is:Jesus said to them: "most truly I say to YOU, Before Abraham came into existence, I have been."The Greek word-for-word rendering states I am instead of I have been. Furthermore, the Greek words from which this translation comes is supposed to be properly rendered in the perfect tense(10)But in other sources and at other times, the Watchtower Society has contradicted their own statement about that by stating something different properly translated by the perfect indicative(11)properly rendered in the perfect indefinite tense(12)The truth is the Greek tense for EIMI (am) as found in Jn. 8:58 is present indicative active. Hence, the Watchtower Society is wrong again. Furthermore, at this point it should be clear that the New World Translation has not been true to their own claims:We offer no paraphrase of the Scriptures. Our endeavor all through has been to give asliteral a translation as possible ....(13)If the New World Translation was a literal translation like they claim, then Jn. 8:58 would not be rendered I have been, but instead I am like the Greek and many reputable translations read! But if that was done, then Jn. 8:58 would be too closely associated with Exo. 3:14, which the Watchtower Society doesn't want. (In Exo. 3:14, God identifies Himself as I am.)
New World Translation John 1:1
John 1:1

the Word was God (KJV).

In contrast, the New World Translation renders John 1:1 in a most unusual way to protect the doctrines of the Jehovah's Witnesses:In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.The footnote, from this verse, in the KIT reads:"A God." In Contrast with "the God."
Johannes Greber
The Watchtower Society has appealed to a little-known Bible translation by Johannes Greber, a former Catholic priest, for support of their a god rendering of John 1:1 in the New World Translation.Greber's translation came about through contact with the spirit world. In fact, his wife, who was a spirit medium, helped him with this translation:
At times he [Greber] was given the correct answers in large illuminated letter and words passing before his eyes. Other times he was given the correct answers during prayer meetings. His wife, a medium of God's Spiritworld was often instrumental in conveying the correct answer from God's Messengers to Pastor Greber.(15)Strange as it may sound the Watchtower Society denounced Johannes Greber's involvement in Spiritism and his translation as coming from demons in their Feb. 15, 1956 The Watchtower, p. 111. But for many years afterward the Watchtower Society still continued to cite his demon-produced translation for support(16). So knowingly, the Watchtower Society appealed to a Bible translation many times, which came from demons, for support of their own New World Translation. What the demons were communicating through Greber's translation is still being vastly spread today by the New World Translation.
My Lord and my God
The Watchtower Society tries to distinguish between a god and the God, making only Jehovah the God. This concept, however, disintegrates at John 20:28. The New World Translation reads:In answer Thomas said to him: "My Lord and my God!"The actual word-for-word rendering of the Greek, which can be easily verified in the KIT, is substantially different:Answered Thomas and he said to him The Lord of me and the God of me!Note: the definite article the before God with a capital "G." If only Jehovah is the God, as the Watchtower Society teaches, then Jesus is Jehovah, according to their own Greek Bible footnote! By the way, the Father is also called the Lord in Rev. 4:11, as Jesus is in John 20:28.
Furthermore, the same exact Greek word translated God [with a small g in the New World Translation] at Jn. 1:1 is found in Jn. 3:16 and translated God, with a capital G in the New World Translation! The Watchtower Society wrote elsewhere the following about the Greek word found in Jn. 1:1 that they render a god:

... the.os' meaning "God."(17)Rather than abandon their man-made doctrine about the Lord Jesus and just accept whatever Scripture teaches at Jn. 20:28 and elsewhere, that is, that Jesus is deity, the Watchtower Society has two faulty answers for Thomas' statement to Jesus: (1) The words "My Lord" were directed to Jesus, while the words "my God" were addressed to Jehovah in heaven! This answer is both unreasonable and incredible, since Thomas directed his entire statement to him (singular), that is, Jesus, the one to whom he was speaking. (2) The Watchtower also states that Thomas spoke the words "My Lord and my God" as an expression of surprise. Apparently, the Watchtower doesn't know that would be blasphemy and Jesus would have rebuked Thomas for that sin.

I know that you are a Jehovah's Witness and that you all have your own bible - New World Translations? Is that the name of it? Anyhow, your prophet was a false teacher - the 144,000 spoken of in Revelations are pure, holy, undefiled Jews. I have never met a Jehovah Witness that was a Jew in my life. If they are out there they are more rare than the albino deer.

Elijah was caught up to heaven. The Bible is clear on that. As for your book? I do not know what it says as I have never read it before.

The new world translation fixed the errors found in trinity translations. And is in harmony with the teachings of Jesus, trinity translations aren't in harmony with Jesus.
Trinity religionssssss come under this category( Mark 3:24-26
You are just assumimg the word heaven described for Elijah means the dwelling place of God, but I shared the evidence it is impossible. The letter was written 10 years after the Chariot event.

The new world translation fixed the errors found in trinity translations. And is in harmony with the teachings of Jesus, trinity translations aren't in harmony with Jesus.
You are just assumimg the word heaven described for Elijah means the dwelling place of God, but I shared the evidence it is impossible. The letter was written 10 years after the Chariot event.

If it was the pure Word of God there would not have been the need for a correction, k. and have you ever stopped to ask yourself why you are reading their book when you should be reading the LORD's Word? The King James Version Bible is the Word of God. I would strongly advise you to buy one and start studying that instead.

As for Elijah's letter - it was not written ten years after the Chariot event it was received and read "some time" after the chariot even and I am not certain it was ten years -neither are you. Enough about the chariot already. Elijah is in heaven.

The New World Translation also wrongly translates John 8:58! Their strange rendering for this verse is:Jesus said to them: "most truly I say to YOU, Before Abraham came into existence, I have been."The Greek word-for-word rendering states I am instead of I have been. Furthermore, the Greek words from which this translation comes is supposed to be properly rendered in the perfect tense(10)But in other sources and at other times, the Watchtower Society has contradicted their own statement about that by stating something different properly translated by the perfect indicative(11)properly rendered in the perfect indefinite tense(12)The truth is the Greek tense for EIMI (am) as found in Jn. 8:58 is present indicative active. Hence, the Watchtower Society is wrong again. Furthermore, at this point it should be clear that the New World Translation has not been true to their own claims:We offer no paraphrase of the Scriptures. Our endeavor all through has been to give asliteral a translation as possible ....(13)If the New World Translation was a literal translation like they claim, then Jn. 8:58 would not be rendered I have been, but instead I am like the Greek and many reputable translations read! But if that was done, then Jn. 8:58 would be too closely associated with Exo. 3:14, which the Watchtower Society doesn't want. (In Exo. 3:14, God identifies Himself as I am.)

the Word was God (KJV).

In contrast, the New World Translation renders John 1:1 in a most unusual way to protect the doctrines of the Jehovah's Witnesses:In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.The footnote, from this verse, in the KIT reads:"A God." In Contrast with "the God."
Johannes Greber
The Watchtower Society has appealed to a little-known Bible translation by Johannes Greber, a former Catholic priest, for support of their a god rendering of John 1:1 in the New World Translation.Greber's translation came about through contact with the spirit world. In fact, his wife, who was a spirit medium, helped him with this translation:
At times he [Greber] was given the correct answers in large illuminated letter and words passing before his eyes. Other times he was given the correct answers during prayer meetings. His wife, a medium of God's Spiritworld was often instrumental in conveying the correct answer from God's Messengers to Pastor Greber.(15)Strange as it may sound the Watchtower Society denounced Johannes Greber's involvement in Spiritism and his translation as coming from demons in their Feb. 15, 1956 The Watchtower, p. 111. But for many years afterward the Watchtower Society still continued to cite his demon-produced translation for support(16). So knowingly, the Watchtower Society appealed to a Bible translation many times, which came from demons, for support of their own New World Translation. What the demons were communicating through Greber's translation is still being vastly spread today by the New World Translation.
My Lord and my God
The Watchtower Society tries to distinguish between a god and the God, making only Jehovah the God. This concept, however, disintegrates at John 20:28. The New World Translation reads:In answer Thomas said to him: "My Lord and my God!"The actual word-for-word rendering of the Greek, which can be easily verified in the KIT, is substantially different:Answered Thomas and he said to him The Lord of me and the God of me!Note: the definite article the before God with a capital "G." If only Jehovah is the God, as the Watchtower Society teaches, then Jesus is Jehovah, according to their own Greek Bible footnote! By the way, the Father is also called the Lord in Rev. 4:11, as Jesus is in John 20:28.
Furthermore, the same exact Greek word translated God [with a small g in the New World Translation] at Jn. 1:1 is found in Jn. 3:16 and translated God, with a capital G in the New World Translation! The Watchtower Society wrote elsewhere the following about the Greek word found in Jn. 1:1 that they render a god:

... the.os' meaning "God."(17)Rather than abandon their man-made doctrine about the Lord Jesus and just accept whatever Scripture teaches at Jn. 20:28 and elsewhere, that is, that Jesus is deity, the Watchtower Society has two faulty answers for Thomas' statement to Jesus: (1) The words "My Lord" were directed to Jesus, while the words "my God" were addressed to Jehovah in heaven! This answer is both unreasonable and incredible, since Thomas directed his entire statement to him (singular), that is, Jesus, the one to whom he was speaking. (2) The Watchtower also states that Thomas spoke the words "My Lord and my God" as an expression of surprise. Apparently, the Watchtower doesn't know that would be blasphemy and Jesus would have rebuked Thomas for that sin.

The only thing that matters is the context--Jesus answered a question--did you exist before Abraham--he answered in the affirmative that's all, making it say that he is God is just twisting what he said.
And even if I am is correct--I have been is correct as well
In the ot where trinity translations have--I am that I am--is a gross mistranslation of what the Hebrew rendering actually is--I shall prove to be what I shall prove to be is correct.

If it was the pure Word of God there would not have been the need for a correction, k. and have you ever stopped to ask yourself why you are reading their book when you should be reading the LORD's Word? The King James Version Bible is the Word of God. I would strongly advise you to buy one and start studying that instead.

Fact 2 major errors exist in the kjv( minimum errors)--- Worship to a mortal Jesus is absolutely wrong, and a small g belongs in the last line of John 1:1--even other trinity based translations had it correct in the 1800,s.
The 2 major backings of a trinity teaching are error.
Alls one has to do is believe Jesus at John 17:1-6,26--but few will--he clearly taught there--The one who sent him( Father) is THE ONLY TRUE GOD--verse 6= YHVH( Jehovah), 26= YHVH( Jehovah) --John 4:22-24 is what a true follower accomplishes daily--without fail.

the Word was God (KJV).

Johannes Greber
My Lord and my God

The only thing that matters is the context--Jesus answered a question--did you exist before Abraham--he answered in the affirmative that's all, making it say that he is God is just twisting what he said.
And even if I am is correct--I have been is correct as well
In the ot where trinity translations have--I am that I am--is a gross mistranslation of what the Hebrew rendering actually is--I shall prove to be what I shall prove to be is correct.
Jesus Christ is the great "I am". Jesus Christ is God. Do you know what all cults have in common with one another, k? None of them can say Jesus Christ is Lord - God who has come in the flesh. Not one of the cults can say Jesus Christ is Lord God Almighty! Not one! Not the Mormons, not the Muslims, not the Jehovah Witnesses, none of you! The other thing you all hold in common? All of you believe that your churches, institutions (kingdom hall watchtower, Mormon Temple, Islam and their Mosques) are the "one true faith" and outside of your cult there is no salvation. It's the defining mark of a cult. Tell me something. Were you converted to become a Jehovah Witness or were you born into it?

Fact 2 major errors exist in the kjv( minimum errors)--- Worship to a mortal Jesus is absolutely wrong, and a small g belongs in the last line of John 1:1--even other trinity based translations had it correct in the 1800,s.
The 2 major backings of a trinity teaching are error.
Alls one has to do is believe Jesus at John 17:1-6,26--but few will--he clearly taught there--The one who sent him( Father) is THE ONLY TRUE GOD--verse 6= YHVH( Jehovah), 26= YHVH( Jehovah) --John 4:22-24 is what a true follower accomplishes daily--without fail.

There are no errors in the King James Version Authorized 1611 Bible. It is the Word of God and approved by God. You've been brainwashed by a cult. Jehovah Witnesses are a cult.

In John 17:3, the New World Translation bible reads:This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.

This is not what the King James Version Authorized 1611 Bible states. It states:

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
John 17:3

Your cult wants you to focus on taking in knowledge about God and the one whom he sent but it does not want you to know him and yet that is exactly what the King James bible defines as Life eternal.

Jehovah Witnesses have missed the way to eternal life. It is not through the taking in of knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up. If you doubt it go have a look at some of the posts from people on this board that flaunt their knowledge of Scripture. They believe their "knowledge is going to save them. It cannot. You do not come to know God through knowledge and study, study, study. You come to know God through Jesus Christ His Only Begotten Son. Through believing on Him and inviting him into your heart as your Lord and Savior. As you confess with your mouth and believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins and that God raised him from the grave on the 3rd day and that he appeared to many and after 40 days he ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. Jesus Christ went to the cross for our sins and payed the penalty for our sin. If we receive his forgiveness and turn from our sins he will be faithful to forgive us and write our names in the Lambs book of life. If we reject this offer of salvation we remain condemned in our sins and shall perish. What shall it be? Receive Jesus as LORD and Savior or reject Him and be lost for all eternity?

1 Kings 22 KJV

Ahab and the False Prophets

(2 Chronicles 18:1-11)

1And they continued three years without war between Syria and Israel. 2And it came to pass in the third year, that Jehoshaphat the king of Judah came down to the king of Israel. 3And the king of Israel said unto his servants, Know ye that Ramoth in Gilead isours, and we be still, and take it not out of the hand of the king of Syria? 4And he said unto Jehoshaphat, Wilt thou go with me to battle to Ramothgilead? And Jehoshaphat said to the king of Israel, I am as thou art, my people as thy people, my horses as thy horses.

5And Jehoshaphat said unto the king of Israel, Inquire, I pray thee, at the word of the LORD to day. 6Then the king of Israel gathered the prophets together, about four hundred men, and said unto them, Shall I go against Ramothgilead to battle, or shall I forbear? And they said, Go up; for the Lord shall deliver it into the hand of the king.

7And Jehoshaphat said, Is there not here a prophet of the LORD besides, that we might inquire of him?

8And the king of Israel said unto Jehoshaphat, There is yet one man, Micaiah the son of Imlah, by whom we may inquire of the LORD: but I hate him; for he doth not prophesy good concerning me, but evil. And Jehoshaphat said, Let not the king say so. 9Then the king of Israel called an officer, and said, Hasten hither Micaiah the son of Imlah. 10And the king of Israel and Jehoshaphat the king of Judah sat each on his throne, having put on their robes, in a void place in the entrance of the gate of Samaria; and all the prophets prophesied before them.

11And Zedekiah the son of Chenaanah made him horns of iron: and he said, Thus saith the LORD, With these shalt thou push the Syrians, until thou have consumed them. 12And all the prophets prophesied so, saying, Go up to Ramothgilead, and prosper: for the LORD shall deliver it into the king's hand.

Then, let me suggest, again, how our text hints for us, not only the difference between possession and realisation, but also our strange contentment in imperfect possession.Ahab’s remonstrances with his servants, which make the starting-point of my remarks, seem to suggest that there were two reasons for their acquiescence in the domination of a foreign power on a bit of their soil.

They had not realised that Ramoth was theirs, and they were too lazy and cowardly to go and take it.

Ignorance of the fulness of the gift, and slothful timidity in daring everything in the effort to make it ours, explain a great deal of the present condition of Christian people.

Is not that condition of passive acquiescence in their small present attainments, and of careless indifference to the great stretch of the unattained, the characteristic of the mass of professing Christians?

They have got a foothold on a new continent, and their possession of it is like the world’s drawing of the map of Africa when we were children, which had a settlement dotted here and there along the coast, and all the broad regions of the interior were blank. The settlers huddle together upon the fringe of barren sand by the salt water, and never dream of pressing forward into the heart of the land. And so, too, many of us are content with what we have got, a little bit of God, when we might have Him all; a settlement on the fringe and edge of the land, when we might traverse the whole length of it; and behold! it is all ours.

That unfamiliarity with the thought of unattained possibilities in the Christian life is a damning curse of thousands of people who call themselves Christians.

They do not think, they never realise-and some of us are guilty in this respect-they never realise that it is possible for them to be all unlike what they are now, and that, instead of the miserable partial hallowing of their nature, and the poor, weak -I was going to say strength, but it is not worth calling strength, that they possess, they might be as the angels of God: ‘the weakest as David,’ and David as a very angel of heaven itself.

Why is it, why is it, that there is this unfamiliarity?

And then, another reason for the woeful disproportion between what we have and what we utilise is the love of ease, such as kept these Israelites from going up to Ramoth-Gilead.

It was a long way off; there was a river to be forded; there were heights to be climbed; there were weary marches to be taken; there were hard knocks going in front of the walls of Ramoth before they got inside it; and on the whole it was more comfortable to sit at home, or look after their farms and their merchandise, than to embark on the quixotic attempt to win back a city that had not been theirs for ever so long, and that they had got on very well without.

And so it is with hosts of Christian people; we do not realise how much we have that we never get any good out of.

And, in the second place, we had rather just stay where we are, and make the best of the world as it is, and the desires of our hearts go in another direction than for our increase in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Saviour.

Ah, brethren! if we had a claim to some great property, or any other wealth that we really cared about, should we be so very indifferent as to asserting our rights?

Should we not fight to the death, some of us, for the last inch of soil, for the last ounce of treasure, that belonged to us? When you really value a thing, you secure the greatest possible amount of it; and there is very little margin between what you own and what you use.
_________
Well said, Alexander McLaren! Well said!

Last edited:
1 Kings 22 KJV

Micaiah Prophesies against Ahab

(2 Chronicles 18:12-27)

13And the messenger that was gone to call Micaiah spake unto him, saying, Behold now, the words of the prophets declare good unto the king with one mouth: let thy word, I pray thee, be like the word of one of them, and speak that which is good. 14And Micaiah said, As the LORD liveth, what the LORD saith unto me, that will I speak.

15So he came to the king. And the king said unto him, Micaiah, shall we go against Ramothgilead to battle, or shall we forbear? And he answered him, Go, and prosper: for the LORD shall deliver it into the hand of the king. 16And the king said unto him, How many times shall I adjure thee that thou tell me nothing but that which is true in the name of the LORD?

17And he said, I saw all Israel scattered upon the hills, as sheep that have not a shepherd: and the LORD said, These have no master: let them return every man to his house in peace.

18And the king of Israel said unto Jehoshaphat, Did I not tell thee that he would prophesy no good concerning me, but evil?

19And he said, Hear thou therefore the word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left.20And the LORD said, Who shall persuade Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one said on this manner, and another said on that manner. 21And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the LORD, and said, I will persuade him.22And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so. 23Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil concerning thee.

24But Zedekiah the son of Chenaanah went near, and smote Micaiah on the cheek, and said, Which way went the Spirit of the LORD from me to speak unto thee? 25And Micaiah said, Behold, thou shalt see in that day, when thou shalt go into an inner chamber to hide thyself. 26And the king of Israel said, Take Micaiah, and carry him back unto Amon the governor of the city, and to Joash the king's son; 27And say, Thus saith the king, Put this fellow in the prison, and feed him with bread of affliction and with water of affliction, until I come in peace. 28And Micaiah said, If thou return at all in peace, the LORD hath not spoken by me. And he said, Hearken, O people, every one of you.

22:15-28

The greatest kindness we can do to one that is going in a dangerous way, is, to tell him of his danger. To leave the hardened criminal without excuse, and to give a useful lesson to others, Micaiah related his vision.

This matter is represented after the manner of men: we are not to imagine that God is ever put upon new counsels; or that he needs to consult with angels, or any creature, about the methods he should take; or that he is the author of sin, or the cause of any man's telling or believing a lie.

Micaiah returned not the blow of Zedekiah, yet, since he boasted of the Spirit, as those commonly do that know least of the Holy Spirit's operations, the true prophet left him to be convinced of his error by the event.

Those that will not have their mistakes set right in time, by the word of God, will be undeceived, when it is too late, by the judgments of God. We should be ashamed of what we call trials, were we to consider what the servants of God have endured.

Yet it will be well, if freedom from trouble prove not more hurtful to us; we are more easily allured and bribed into unfaithfulness and conformity to the world, than driven to them.

Second commentary -Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible

And Micaiah said, if thou return at all in peace, the Lord hath not spoken by me,.... I am content to be reckoned a false prophet, and to be punished as such: and, he said, hearken, O people, everyone of you; he called aloud unto them to observe what he had predicted, and mark the issue of it, and to bear testimony for him, or against him, as things should be.

Last edited:
1 Kings 22 KJV
Ahab Killed at Ramoth Gilead

(2 Chronicles 18:28-34)

29So the king of Israel and Jehoshaphat the king of Judah went up to Ramothgilead.30And the king of Israel said unto Jehoshaphat, I will disguise myself, and enter into the battle; but put thou on thy robes. And the king of Israel disguised himself, and went into the battle. 31But the king of Syria commanded his thirty and two captains that had rule over his chariots, saying, Fight neither with small nor great, save only with the king of Israel. 32And it came to pass, when the captains of the chariots saw Jehoshaphat, that they said, Surely it is the king of Israel. And they turned aside to fight against him: and Jehoshaphat cried out. 33And it came to pass, when the captains of the chariots perceived that it was not the king of Israel, that they turned back from pursuing him.

34And a certain man drew a bow at a venture, and smote the king of Israel between the joints of the harness: wherefore he said unto the driver of his chariot, Turn thine hand, and carry me out of the host; for I am wounded. 35And the battle increased that day: and the king was stayed up in his chariot against the Syrians, and died at even: and the blood ran out of the wound into the midst of the chariot. 36And there went a proclamation throughout the host about the going down of the sun, saying, Every man to his city, and every man to his own country.

37So the king died, and was brought to Samaria; and they buried the king in Samaria.38And one washed the chariot in the pool of Samaria; and the dogs licked up his blood; and they washed his armour; according unto the word of the LORD which he spake.39Now the rest of the acts of Ahab, and all that he did, and the ivory house which he made, and all the cities that he built, are they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Israel? 40So Ahab slept with his fathers; and Ahaziah his son reigned in his stead.
22:29-40

Ahab basely intended to betray Johoshaphat to danger, that he might secure himself. See what they get that join with wicked men. How can it be expected that he should be true to his friend, who has been false to his God!

He had said in compliment to Ahab, I am as thou art, and now he was indeed taken for him.

Those that associate with evil-doers, are in danger of sharing in their plagues. By Jehoshaphat's deliverance, God let him know, that though he was displeased with him, yet he had not deserted him.

God is a friend that will not fail us when other friends do. Let no man think to hide himself from God's judgment.

God directed the arrow to hit Ahab; those cannot escape with life, whom God has doomed to death. Ahab lived long enough to see part of Micaiah's prophecy accomplished. He had time to feel himself die; with what horror must he have thought upon the wickedness he had committed!

Second commentary:

Benson Commentary
1 Kings 22:38.

The dogs licked up his blood — Together with the water wherewith it was mixed. This circumstance is noticed because it was the accomplishment of one part of Elijah’s prophecy concerning him. Now Naboth’s blood was avenged!

Last edited:
As I studied and prayed for understanding I really got to laughing about Zedekiah 'Yaweh is righteous' of Chena'anah 'a bundle of merchants or traffickers (root words, bundle, buy or sell- to bend the knee- meaning to sell to get to bow down- this is the female version of Canaan- female meaning it serves as an opening to bring forth- Canaan is to buy or sell grace, favor or mercy)'. This host is the one that goes out to make sure that Ahab 'father's brother (love as adulters)' wil believe a lie so Ahab will go out to battle to insure Jehovah's justice is accomplished and established.
Good verse study Jeri, thank you

Thank you, RodiSHI. I enjoyed reading your post and yes, I love the ways of God. He knows precisely how to deal with the crafty, with the wicked, with those who are dishonest such as Ahab was. It reminds me of Psalm 18 and the words of King David speaking of God and His ways which are too marvelous to words! The LORD sees everything.

With the merciful thou wilt shew thyself merciful; with an upright man thou wilt shew thyself upright; With the pure thou wilt shew thyself pure; and with the froward thou wilt shew thyself froward.
Psalm 18: 25,26

I hope you will join us on the Prayer meeting thread tomorrow morning- It's every morning - Scripture reading, a time of worship and singing unto the LORD and then prayer for our loved ones, our churches, our community ( beginning with USMB owners, Admin & Moderators, Members and guests) our cities and our nation and finally for the nations throughout the world - that God will move mightily and destroy Satan's works and disrupt his plans, the tearing down of strongholds, the principalities, wicked rulers and spiritual wickedness in high places that seek to take over.

Prayer meeting at USMB US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Our warfare is not against flesh and blood but against an unseen enemy and our greatest weapon is the Word of God & the Blood of Jesus Christ, the Praises of God in our mouths and the fervent prayers from hearts on fire for Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior! It's a team effort!

Have a wonderful evening. Good night!

Last edited:
Guno found my favorite song, He Abides! I'm praising God for the discovery - It has the link on the end for Church of God.net so now I can find all the good old Gospel Songs! To God be the Glory!

I just want to start off praising God how He finds things for me (using the most unlikely sources to do it too) without my even having to go to the trouble of searching all over the place to find what I'm looking for!

That has happened to me before when I thought about something and didn't see it right away - and the next thing I know - God puts it right in front of me! He doesn't even put me to the trouble of having to search and search for something anymore. He answers before I can even ask for it! We serve a very wonderful God people! There are no words for How Wonderful My God is! Truly He is Wonderful!! I praise His Holy Name today!

Here is the song I had been thinking about! He Abides!

Forum List

Back