Zone1 Do Atheists Implicitly Believe in "God"?

Where the Old Testament gets it wrong
They pushed a God to be feared

New Testament pushed a Loving God
I don't believe that is correct. You should read what Huston Smith has to say on Judaism. It was the opposite of that. I think the confusion about this lies in the fact that if one - who did not lead a saintly life - came face to face with the all powerful supreme being fear would probably be an emotion many would feel. For instance you have denied God - I'm assuming for most of your life - so wouldn't you feel a little scared when you discovered everything you believed was wrong and God really does exist? I think the same would apply to believers who with their words acknowledged God but with their actions did not. Because really it is our actions that tell others what we believe rather than our words.

- so wouldn't you feel a little scared when you discovered everything you believed was wrong and God really does exist?

... everything they believed was true except there is a god would have nothing to fear.

no, no one is obligated to believe anything .... just live a good life is all that matters.

... screw the phony desert religions can only help.
I see my faith as turning on all the learning centers of my brain. As such my faith is integral to living a good life.

you would hope than what is not written - does. what is heavenly.
My point is if it turns on all the learning centers of my brain, then that is proof in and of itself. So does it matter whose faith it is? Because whoever's faith it is, it works.

It's called confirmation. Just as doing good works is confirmation of receiving God's grace.

you've exposed yourself to ridicule - that confirmation can not be heavenly is why that matters, the murderer has equally aroused their senses is confirmed by their crime.

if you are being serious you have serious problems - common for the maga radicals and people who live in texas.

you've exposed yourself to ridicule - that confirmation can not be heavenly is why that matters, the murderer has equally aroused their senses is confirmed by their crime.

if you are being serious you have serious problems - common for the maga radicals and people who live in texas.
I am being 100% serious. My faith has brought me peace and joy and has turned on all the learning centers of my brain. It's called the happiness advantage. When one is happy two things happen; dopamine is released which gives you that happy feeling and all the learning centers of the mind get switched on. Look it up.

There are two types of Atheist -

The one that just gets on with their life.

The one that suffers Religiophobia and must prattle on trying to be the religious expert.
Wrong on 3 counts -- how do you do it :)
The West was mainly neither, it was Natural THeology all the way.
So I adduce Cicero
about GOD : Just as the soul fills the body, so God fills the world. Just as the soul bears the body, so God endures the world. Just as the soul sees but is not seen, so God sees but is not seen. Just as the soul feeds the body, so God gives food to the world.
About rational morality : There is in fact a true law namely right reason, which is in accordance with nature, applies to all men and is unchangeable and eternal. ... It will not lay down one rule at Rome and another at Athens, nor will it be one rule today and another tomorrow. But there will be one law eternal and unchangeable binding all times and upon all peoples.

2) A significant number of atheist don't say that God is defined as you do
PEW SURVEY OF ATHEISTS
roughly one-in-five self-described atheists (18%) say they do believe in some kind of higher power.

3) a real howler: what you just said was completely trashed by the Atheist whom CHristoper Hitchens admired and who after 20 years has become a Christian, the author of "INFIDEL" Aayan Hirsi Ali . She actually makes fun of atheists like you

"“My observation is yes, Christianity is different from Islam…The worst thing that a Christian has ever said to me, the rudest thing that a Christian has ever said to me, the thing that made me most uncomfortable that a Christian said to me was ‘I’m going to pray for you. I hope you will be safe. I hope you will be redeemed.’ But within my own family and my own community, when I say I’m in doubt about the Koran and Muhammad and life after death and all that, it is ‘well, you are to die.’ So I just want to point out the differences between the religions…What makes me angry is the moral equivalence.”"

There is in fact a true law namely right reason, which is in accordance with nature, applies to all men (life) and is unchangeable and eternal. ...

sortof ... as to be determined.

When one is happy two things happen; dopamine is released which gives you that happy feeling and all the learning centers of the mind get switched on. Look it up.
you've exposed yourself to ridicule -

yes ... you do not distinguish, happy as the same affect whether heavenly or evil - illiteracy of the ages - the desert religions.

sortof ... as to be determined.

yes ... you do not distinguish, happy as the same affect whether heavenly or evil - illiteracy of the ages - the desert religions.
Happiness and joy are artifacts of a relationship with God.

Wrong on 3 counts -- how do you do it :)
The West was mainly neither, it was Natural THeology all the way.
So I adduce Cicero
about GOD : Just as the soul fills the body, so God fills the world. Just as the soul bears the body, so God endures the world. Just as the soul sees but is not seen, so God sees but is not seen. Just as the soul feeds the body, so God gives food to the world.
About rational morality : There is in fact a true law namely right reason, which is in accordance with nature, applies to all men and is unchangeable and eternal. ... It will not lay down one rule at Rome and another at Athens, nor will it be one rule today and another tomorrow. But there will be one law eternal and unchangeable binding all times and upon all peoples.

2) A significant number of atheist don't say that God is defined as you do
PEW SURVEY OF ATHEISTS
roughly one-in-five self-described atheists (18%) say they do believe in some kind of higher power.

3) a real howler: what you just said was completely trashed by the Atheist whom CHristoper Hitchens admired and who after 20 years has become a Christian, the author of "INFIDEL" Aayan Hirsi Ali . She actually makes fun of atheists like you

"“My observation is yes, Christianity is different from Islam…The worst thing that a Christian has ever said to me, the rudest thing that a Christian has ever said to me, the thing that made me most uncomfortable that a Christian said to me was ‘I’m going to pray for you. I hope you will be safe. I hope you will be redeemed.’ But within my own family and my own community, when I say I’m in doubt about the Koran and Muhammad and life after death and all that, it is ‘well, you are to die.’ So I just want to point out the differences between the religions…What makes me angry is the moral equivalence.”"
I skipped read over that crap.

Happiness and joy are artifacts of a relationship with God.

is that ...

1700871299593.jpeg

your relationship, you are having. brings you joy.

Forum List

Back