Dems at it again

I wonder how many of those who claim they cannot afford health insurance have car loans? Numerous televisions, the latest of course, more than one car.......all the latest techy toys, new cell phone every year, computers, X-box, PS3, etc etc etc. Even more ......I wonder how many smoke? Not because of the health problems but the cost!!!!!!Fact is, a lot of those listed under having no insurance, a large part are rich who pay cash so they can get back some tax benefits for out of the pocket medical expenses. Also are those young, the twentysomethings and some thirtysomethings who are healthy and do not wish to spend the money at this time. There are also those who just want to use the money they would have to pay for insurance on "other" things. Granted insurance is high, I know.....I know.....I know.........believe me I know.....but the actual percentage of those who absolutely cannot afford insurance is far lower than we are led to believe. And in this country if you do not have insurance you are NOT turned away.

Usual position of Ravi. Ignorant, uninformed and based on nothing but stupidity.

Using her logic , firefighters, Police and every other Government ( Federal or In her State) employee is sucking off the Government tit if they foolishly work to retirement. But magically if they do a similar job for a private employer and get retirement, that is DIFFERENT.

With Logic like that, who needs to live in the real world?

Please be so kind as to show me where I stated any of that, retard.

This is really funny. You guys can't stand it that you are benefiting from a social program, can you.

:eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo:

This is really funny. You guys can't stand it that you are benefiting from a social program, can you.

I can't stand the fact that you choose to call an earned benefit a social program....but if that gives you some kind of satisfaction, so be it.

As I said, I will never agree that your definition of a social program is the correct one.

You have stated that Military retirement is a social program and a hand out because the Government pays it, thus all of the listed functions are the same, Police, Firefighters etc are all Government employees that receive retirement FROM the Government.

I can't stand the fact that you choose to call an earned benefit a social program....but if that gives you some kind of satisfaction, so be it.

As I said, I will never agree that your definition of a social program is the correct one.

And you would be correct that this person's definition of a social program is incorrect and based on a political stance to make an inane point

A social program would be by definition an entitlement that can be taken advantage of by a person who is not deriving that benefit from performing a service (or in other words earning it)...

The benefits earned by soldiers for their employment/service is no more of a social program than the benefits earned by a retired worker from a steel plant... the federal government is the employer of the soldiers... those receiving handouts from social programs are not the employees of the social program

though I would LOVE to see those receiving governmental "handouts" be required to actually work for them

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
And you would be correct that this person's definition of a social program is incorrect and based on a political stance to make an inane point

A social program would be by definition an entitlement that can be taken advantage of by a person who is not deriving that benefit from performing a service (or in other words earning it)...

The benefits earned by soldiers for their employment/service is no more of a social program than the benefits earned by a retired worker from a steel plant... the federal government is the employer of the soldiers... those receiving handouts from social programs are not the employees of the social program

though I would LOVE to see those receiving governmental "handouts" be required to actually work for them

I suspect Ravi is deriving some twisted pleasure out of using her stance to needle vets more than she really thinks retirement benefits are truly a social program.

I wonder how many of those who claim they cannot afford health insurance have car loans? Numerous televisions, the latest of course, more than one car.......all the latest techy toys, new cell phone every year, computers, X-box, PS3, etc etc etc. Even more ......I wonder how many smoke? Not because of the health problems but the cost!!!!!!Fact is, a lot of those listed under having no insurance, a large part are rich who pay cash so they can get back some tax benefits for out of the pocket medical expenses. Also are those young, the twentysomethings and some thirtysomethings who are healthy and do not wish to spend the money at this time. There are also those who just want to use the money they would have to pay for insurance on "other" things. Granted insurance is high, I know.....I know.....I know.........believe me I know.....but the actual percentage of those who absolutely cannot afford insurance is far lower than we are led to believe. And in this country if you do not have insurance you are NOT turned away.

And if they need their cars to go to work? Computers for their children's homework?

It's your business if people smoke? Interesting. But I'm sure you're a real libertarian, eh?

I'm afraid your observations sound all nicey nice since they're typical right wing whinging, but before you get to engage in stereotypes, I'd suggest that you actually provide some evidence to substantiate your comments.

Again, 50% of bankruptcs declare bankruptcy because they can't afford medical treatment.

Are there abuses of the system? Probably some, but it sure doesn't justify your comments.

Exactly my point....

I suspect Ravi is deriving some twisted pleasure out of using her stance to needle vets more than she really thinks retirement benefits are truly a social program.

No, I really do believe it. You're taking my money to give a benefit to someone else. It's actually more of a social program than social security is, IMO. At least there I have a snowball's chance of getting some of my own money back.

No, I really do believe it. You're taking my money to give a benefit to someone else. It's actually more of a social program than social security is, IMO. At least there I have a snowball's chance of getting some of my own money back.

No your paying for a service, for the military to protect you.

No your paying for a service, for the military to protect you.
Which they get a salary for as well. I understand that it's part of the benefit package but it's still my money being taken away from me and used in a manner I might not wish it to be used. Now if they were drafted, I'd be more apt to agree with you.

Which they get a salary for as well. I understand that it's part of the benefit package but it's still my money being taken away from me and used in a manner I might not wish it to be used. Now if they were drafted, I'd be more apt to agree with you.

Whether or not you agree with it is irrelevant. The military provides a service to you as a taxpayer. They protect your freedoms, this comes with a price. The price is a meager pay and good benefits.

Whether or not you agree with it is irrelevant. The military provides a service to you as a taxpayer. They protect your freedoms, this comes with a price. The price is a meager pay and good benefits.
That doesn't mean it isn't a social benefit to those that receive it. The government also protects the economy by providing welfare so people aren't dying on the streets. Another social program.

Being American comes with a price. At least we seem to agree on that.

That doesn't mean it isn't a social benefit to those that receive it. The government also protects the economy by providing welfare so people aren't dying on the streets. Another social program.

Being American comes with a price. At least we seem to agree on that.

But troops provide a service protecting our country, what service do welfare participants provide?

They stimulate the economy.

See, they're trying to reframe the debate. We AREN'T TALKING ABOUT WELFARE. We're talking about an industrialized nation having people go bankrupt because they have no health insurance.

This isn't about welfare. And with more and more businesses being unwilling to give health coverage, this is going to become an even bigger issue.

Just remember, these are the same people who think Social Security is welfare and think it shouldn't exist.

See, they're trying to reframe the debate. We AREN'T TALKING ABOUT WELFARE. We're talking about an industrialized nation having people go bankrupt because they have no health insurance.

This isn't about welfare. And with more and more businesses being unwilling to give health coverage, this is going to become an even bigger issue.

Just remember, these are the same people who think Social Security is welfare and think it shouldn't exist.

I am one of the ones who think social security should not exist. Does that make me an evil person?

Regulation of the cost of health insurance is an entirely different subject (for me anyway) than the issue of providing free health care for all.

I am one of the ones who think social security should not exist. Does that make me an evil person?

Regulation of the cost of health insurance is an entirely different subject (for me anyway) than the issue of providing free health care for all.

I don't think anyone's talking about government doctors meeting people's health care needs.

My understanding is we're talking about COVERAGE.

And no, it doesn't make you evil.... it just makes you wrong, to my mind, anyway. ;)

Forum List

Back