Someone wants to use the 14th Amendment to fix the 2024 election for Dems.

cc: martybegan

Just as bullshit as the Trump one. One judge made the call.

Griffin's Section 3 case was a bench trial decided by a state judge and he has since twice appealed to the New Mexico Supreme Court, to no avail. Griffin was convicted of trespassing at the U.S. Capitol two years ago, though he said he did not enter the building with the mob. He was found not guilty of a disorderly conduct charge.

Trespassing is now insurrection?

He has to be convicted if you intend to deprive him of life, liberty, or property. Nobody is doing that.

And what affects your right to vote for him. Every election Mickey Mouse gets thousands of votes and that name has never been on any ballot ever. You can vote for anyone you want. Every state has a write in option.

He has to be convicted to be an insurrectionist.

You do realize the Court case in Colorado bans any Trump vote from being counted right?

Just a thought - if we're voting for candidates who have done anything close to "insurrection", we have bigger problems.

Just a thought - if we're voting for candidates who have done anything close to "insurrection", we have bigger problems.

Unless the system is well and truly fucked beyond easy repair.

Your opinion is quite irrelevant.

Everyone who participated was part of the insurrection.

They why weren't they charged as insurrectionists?

Someone who just walked past an open door walked around for a few minutes and then left is an insurrectionist?

They why weren't they charged as insurrectionists?

Don't know, don't care. But anyone who participated in that attack on our election, no matter what role they played, should not be allowed to hold a public office of trust.

Someone who just walked past an open door walked around for a few minutes and then left is an insurrectionist?

He was part of it.

Don't know, don't care. But anyone who participated in that attack on our election, no matter what role they played, should not be allowed to hold a public office of trust.

He was part of it.

Because they know they can't make the charge stick, and that crumbles any 14th amendment attempt.

No, he wasn't.

And even people who were part of it were never charged with insurrection or treason. So the guy you pointed out as an "example" is just as wrongly restricted as Trump is being.

Because they know they can't make the charge stick, and that crumbles any 14th amendment attempt.

No, he wasn't.

And even people who were part of it were never charged with insurrection or treason. So the guy you pointed out as an "example" is just as wrongly restricted as Trump is being.

Being charged is not required for the 14th Amendment.

Being charged is not required for the 14th Amendment.

it soon will be by a 9-0 Supreme Court, hopefully they will enforce conviction as well.

Or at least something like was applied to the Confederates, evidence of voting for secession, holding an office in the Confederate Government, or being in the Confederate Military.

Federal law defines a riot as a public disturbance involving three or more persons engaging in acts of violence with a clear and present danger of damage to property or injury to people.

Where do the authors specify that the amendment was only about States that rebelled? What language did they use to limit the future use of the Amendment to States that secede or go to war with the US?
Ok, then who do you think the writers of the Amendment were referring to?

Ok, then who do you think the writers of the Amendment were referring to?
Former office holders who took the oath to support and defend the Constitution who then rebelled against that very Constitution.
1703796875145.png

Like the Neo-GOP God of Retribution.

He has to be convicted to be an insurrectionist.

You do realize the Court case in Colorado bans any Trump vote from being counted right?

You think they’ll give the race to Mickey Mouse if he happens to win the most votes?

The problem is you are stomping your foot like a child and saying it isn’t fair. I like him and I want him. The problem is that his own actions have created this mess. Like the fellow who can’t get the TS clearance from the earlier replies.

The truth is that Trump did try and overturn the election. And you don’t want a trial to determin guilt.

Trump and the Republicans have been doing everything possible to delay Trump’s trials. And when they aren’t moaning about that, they’re moaning about why the January 6th defendants aren’t getting their trials. Hypocrisy is apparently a mandatory Republican Trait these days. Probably why I’ve left the reservation.

You seem to forget. The founders and even those who wrote the 14th considered service to be an honor. The original plan was for the person who lost the election to be Vice President. They believed that the honorable man would be driven by patriotism to serve, even under another who had won the election.

You think they’ll give the race to Mickey Mouse if he happens to win the most votes?

The problem is you are stomping your foot like a child and saying it isn’t fair. I like him and I want him. The problem is that his own actions have created this mess. Like the fellow who can’t get the TS clearance from the earlier replies.

The truth is that Trump did try and overturn the election. And you don’t want a trial to determin guilt.

Trump and the Republicans have been doing everything possible to delay Trump’s trials. And when they aren’t moaning about that, they’re moaning about why the January 6th defendants aren’t getting their trials. Hypocrisy is apparently a mandatory Republican Trait these days. Probably why I’ve left the reservation.

You seem to forget. The founders and even those who wrote the 14th considered service to be an honor. The original plan was for the person who lost the election to be Vice President. They believed that the honorable man would be driven by patriotism to serve, even under another who had won the election.

This isn't fucking mickey mouse, you obtuse blockhead, this is a former President.

That isn't "the truth". That's your bullshit opinion. What hubris thinking your thoughts on something make it truth.

Good fucking riddance to you. Have fun with the he/she's and the DEI twats.

This isn't fucking mickey mouse, you obtuse blockhead, this is a former President.

That isn't "the truth". That's your bullshit opinion. What hubris thinking your thoughts on something make it truth.

Good fucking riddance to you. Have fun with the he/she's and the DEI twats.

Of course it’s the truth. Until now you were content to treat me as a slow child. But now you are angry. Why? Because I lied? Nope. It’s because I told the truth.

But let’s ask what if? I’m an old Combat Engineer. Part of my training was to think about things. Possible outcomes if you will. To try and figure out what could go wrong, and what would be the outcome.

The worst case scenario is not that the Supremes decide that Colorado can keep Trump off the ballot. The worst case scenario is that they announce the decision after Trump has sewn up the nomination. Because then the Supremes would have decided it was an Insurrection and Trump had participated and was thus ineligible to be President.

At that point in time, Biden can go on vacation. Now the lawsuits really begin. Every Republican will be arguing about the nuances of the rules, the convention is a dumpster fire, and the general election sees Biden re-elected.

You guys aren’t playing what if. You declare your feelings. No! Then you won’t even consider what if you are wrong.

If I’m wrong. Trump is on the ballot and there is roughly speaking a coin toss chance that he will be President. If he is sworn in he will be a lame duck for his entire term. He won’t have a big enough majority in Congress to get the legislation he wants. He will be subjected to dozens of court cases. And when he leaves office he will need Air Force One to take him to his new home in exile because the prosecutions will commence. And he can’t pardon his way out of Georgia’s.

Forum List

Back