Breaking News: California Becomes First State To Ban Plastic Bags

It's the current thing that makes you feel good--like you're making a difference---that you matter. No worries----something else will have to come along soon because the "feel good factor" wears off quickly and fades into " Now what? "

Maybe, it will be the stepping stone to actually changing the world.

I'm sure science will be following this closely to determine exactly what effect this decision has on the world 100 years from now. Now what can we change ban next ?

It is all about caring.

yes----"caring" in the easiest possible way. It was tough work for the libs to get that law passed. A lot of self sacrifice. Did you remember to send a dime to help elephants this month ?

Nothing else improves in this country. At least this is a noble effort.

Only in the minds of liberals. I tell you what. Plastic bags are pretty damn low on most people's list of things in America that need improvement.

Maybe, it will be the stepping stone to actually changing the world.

I'm sure science will be following this closely to determine exactly what effect this decision has on the world 100 years from now. Now what can we change ban next ?

It is all about caring.

yes----"caring" in the easiest possible way. It was tough work for the libs to get that law passed. A lot of self sacrifice. Did you remember to send a dime to help elephants this month ?

Only in the minds of liberals. I tell you what. Plastic bags are pretty damn low on most people's list of things in America that need improvement.

That is probably why there weren't enough special interest groups to prevent it like with everything else.

It is all about caring.

That is probably why there weren't enough special interest groups to prevent it like with everything else.

Special interest groups like the ones who employed people to make bags ?

So if the concern is about plastic bags ending up buried in landfills for millions of years and they are produced from oil that has been buried for millions of years what is the issue?
are you really this ignorant or do you practice?
You call me ignorant yet you couldn't rebut the point I made. That makes you ignorant and hypocritical.
how do you rebut nothing like you having no point.?
Another pointless loser post. What's the difference between oil under the ground and oil in another shape under the ground? Try really hard.

So if the concern is about plastic bags ending up buried in landfills for millions of years and they are produced from oil that has been buried for millions of years what is the issue?
You call me ignorant yet you couldn't rebut the point I made. That makes you ignorant and hypocritical.
Another pointless loser post. What's the difference between oil under the ground and oil in another shape under the ground? Try really hard.

Is this shit serious? You're asking about the difference between raw oil in the ground and a petro based product in the ground?

Educate yourself sir.

Plastic Extrusion and manufacturing process

Just recycle then if you're so worried about nothing. What's more, it looks like the lefty green sites have monopolized google as every first page result is a lefty green site.
Do you know how much plastic is used to manufacture a Prius?

Another retard that doesnt know the difference between manufactured poison and something thats part of the earth.

It is all about caring.

Special interest groups like the ones who employed people to make bags ?

Industries come and industries go. It is the nature of business, and that one lost out and will obviously continue losing so I would start dumping their stock for the specialized companies.

ill pay for plastic......i will not fall for the bullshit about why they are banning them....

No, you'll pay for paper. You cannot have plastic in any circumstance.

Now you know the Communists know best how to run your life. Submit to Commissar Brown.
false the ban is on one time use bags.
many retailers use more durable plastic.
it mostly affects grocery stores ,wal mart and convenience stores
you can use the plastic grocery ones more than once......so whats a one time use bag?...

ill pay for plastic......i will not fall for the bullshit about why they are banning them....

Yeah, really. Who gives a phlying phuck? You can't see it from the porch of your double-wide, right?

6a014e5fad2aa4970c0154381548a0970c-pi

tires.jpg

3179.jpg
you cant see the bullshit from your double wide too.....someone is making a nice buck off of this.....but your too controlled to see it....dont ask questions ....just go with the flow.....

Yeah, really. Who gives a phlying phuck? You can't see it from the porch of your double-wide, right?

tires.jpg

3179.jpg
you cant see the bullshit from your double wide too.....someone is making a nice buck off of this.....but your too controlled to see it....dont ask questions ....just go with the flow.....

Someone was making a nice buck off the plastic bags too.

We should have never stopped using paper bags. They are more sturdy, can hold more, don't fall over when you put stuff in your car, and trees grow quite easily.

What "bullshit" is that?
the bullshit about about grocery bags clogging up land fills,we got this on the news the other night,with no pictures of course.....what about Trash bags?.....i was at a land fill last month .....do you realize that there are thousands of trash bags at land fills?.....thats what was most noticeable....TRASH BAGS.....piles of them.....why are they not being banned?....plus there was a guy from your neck of the woods who showed on the news,plastic bio-degradable grocery bags.....he said these ones degrade by all the standards set for this type of thing by the Biodegradable Products Institute.....and yet no one would talk to the guy....the markets all told him they cant use plastic....must use those cheap canvas things or paper.....he said whats funny is these bags break down faster than paper...and they are cheaper than the canvas ones....

California is broke.

One would think they would have better things to do than ban plastic bags.
Good Lord.

tires.jpg

3179.jpg

Someone was making a nice buck off the plastic bags too.
were paper bags banned?.....no they were not were they?....

I thought they'd already done this.

Anyway, here in Oregon there are several cities that have done this. When you go shopping, you either bring your own bags, pay for a paper bag, or carry your purchases out in your arms.

A few weeks back, I was in a Home Depot, and I purchased about fifty or so sprinkler heads or repair parts. When I got up to the checkstand, naturally I needed a bag. The clerk discovered they were out of paper bags, so she had to stop her work, holding up the line, and track down a box somewhere in the store so I could place the parts in.
Mind you, this was Home Depot, not Joe's Hardware. I couldn't believe how unprofessional it was, but this is what liberals have brought us.
this is what 50 years of not giving a shit about what we do with our waste.has brought us ...

The interesting thing is tree hugging libs pushed plastic bags 30 years ago claiming we needed to save the trees. Now they turn around and claim plastic is horrible for the enviroment.

Trees are a renewable resource if given the priority.

Yes more trees can be planted.

The problem is that it takes hundreds of years for that tree to mature and be an old growth tree.

The importance of old growth trees is water.

The old growth trees are tall and form a loose canopy over the forest floor. When it snows that canopy protects the snow from the sun and evaporating. So that in the spring the snow can melt normally and the water be used by everyone.

With out that canopy, the sun melts the snow and it evaporates. Humans can't use that water and we end up with a water shortage. Rivers and lakes have low levels of water and it makes the body of water less healthy for the life that lives in the water. So streams can't incubate salmon eggs or eggs of any other fish or water life. Less water causes stilt and other contaminants to enter the water and the eggs die.

Less water causes river banks to cave in like what happened in the Nisqualie river several years ago. Twenty five miles of the river bank collapsed into the water and killed just about everything living in that water.

What "bullshit" is that?
the bullshit about about grocery bags clogging up land fills,we got this on the news the other night,with no pictures of course.....what about Trash bags?.....i was at a land fill last month .....do you realize that there are thousands of trash bags at land fills?.....thats what was most noticeable....TRASH BAGS.....piles of them.....why are they not being banned?....plus there was a guy from your neck of the woods who showed on the news,plastic bio-degradable grocery bags.....he said these ones degrade by all the standards set for this type of thing by the Biodegradable Products Institute.....and yet no one would talk to the guy....the markets all told him they cant use plastic....must use those cheap canvas things or paper.....he said whats funny is these bags break down faster than paper...and they are cheaper than the canvas ones....

1. Maybe "this guy" needs to hire some lobbyists and an expert in marketing.
2. Our disposal company banned black bags of the type you posted. We have a large green reciptical for lawn clippings, pruning, etc; and three sizes (the larger the most costly) for traditional garbage (gray) and a large recepticle to recycle bottles, cans, paper, card board, metal, etc.
3, Plastic bags are on the sides of our highways and roads, the only paper bags there seem to be from McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell, etc., a sign people who don't care about their health don't care about the health of our planet.

Forum List

Back