Breaking News: California Becomes First State To Ban Plastic Bags

The funny thing is...plastic grocery bags are already being repurposed. They are all made from recycled plastic as it is.

I thought they'd already done this.

Anyway, here in Oregon there are several cities that have done this. When you go shopping, you either bring your own bags, pay for a paper bag, or carry your purchases out in your arms.

A few weeks back, I was in a Home Depot, and I purchased about fifty or so sprinkler heads or repair parts. When I got up to the checkstand, naturally I needed a bag. The clerk discovered they were out of paper bags, so she had to stop her work, holding up the line, and track down a box somewhere in the store so I could place the parts in.
Mind you, this was Home Depot, not Joe's Hardware. I couldn't believe how unprofessional it was, but this is what liberals have brought us.
Liberals always ignore the laws of unintended consequences.
Liberalism ALWAYS makes things worse.

It's the current thing that makes you feel good--like you're making a difference---that you matter. No worries----something else will have to come along soon because the "feel good factor" wears off quickly and fades into " Now what? "

Maybe, it will be the stepping stone to actually changing the world.
You're not going to sing that stupid Coca Cola song, are you?

This is government overkill.
Plastic bags do not pollute.
The people who refuse to either dispose of them properly, reuse them or simply throw them onto the ground should be the focus of new regulations.
No...Once again law and order liberalism goes down the wrong road.
It is my hope that every plastics manufacturer in California immediately start looking to other states to relocate their businesses.
Fuck California.

You want the police to focus a lot of time on litterbugs and go after them. :lol:
As opposed to doing WHAT?
Driving around looking to write traffic citations?
Here's how it should be done....
The minimum fine for littering should be $1000. If the offender cannot pay, they can do 30 hours of community service.
Second offense, the fine doubles and so forth.
Guess what? In South Carolina the penalty for littering on the roadway is.....One thousand dollars. That's the minimum.

Let's have a stakeout to catch litterbugs.
No...We must allow the police to keep going after the low hanging fruit. Lets not utilize them to help solve a real problem.
I bet though you'd be one of those people who would call 9-1-1 if you saw someone violating a smoking ban...
Not THAT shit is important.

What ever happened to 'Save a tree. Use a plastic bag'

California Becomes First State to Ban Plastic Bags - ABC News
According to the first thing said in this write up you are sharing here, pollution is the reason why the plastic bags are being banned. What makes the powers that be think that whatever takes the place of the bags will not be a problem next?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Liberalism...Moving the pieces around the chess board , one at a time.

It's the current thing that makes you feel good--like you're making a difference---that you matter. No worries----something else will have to come along soon because the "feel good factor" wears off quickly and fades into " Now what? "

You're not going to sing that stupid Coca Cola song, are you?

Apathy is no joke.

You will pay for paper. Stores will no longer have plastic. Resuables have to be washed but we have a water shortage. I guess the bacteria will just have to make people sick.
i was already told you will still have plastic
You will pay for paper. Stores will no longer have plastic. Resuables have to be washed but we have a water shortage. I guess the bacteria will just have to make people sick.
ok you are right.....but i will never buy those canvas bag pieces of shit.....someone is making a nice buck.....they have bio-degradable plastic bags....but the assholes that pushed this are getting a piece of the action....fuck them.....

This is government overkill.
Plastic bags do not pollute.
The people who refuse to either dispose of them properly, reuse them or simply throw them onto the ground should be the focus of new regulations.
No...Once again law and order liberalism goes down the wrong road.
It is my hope that every plastics manufacturer in California immediately start looking to other states to relocate their businesses.
Fuck California.

You want the police to focus a lot of time on litterbugs and go after them. :lol:
As opposed to doing WHAT?
Driving around looking to write traffic citations?
Here's how it should be done....
The minimum fine for littering should be $1000. If the offender cannot pay, they can do 30 hours of community service.
Second offense, the fine doubles and so forth.
Guess what? In South Carolina the penalty for littering on the roadway is.....One thousand dollars. That's the minimum.

Spotting someone littering is extremely difficult and enforcement is a drop in the bucket.

Let's have a stakeout to catch litterbugs.
No...We must allow the police to keep going after the low hanging fruit. Lets not utilize them to help solve a real problem.
I bet though you'd be one of those people who would call 9-1-1 if you saw someone violating a smoking ban...
Not THAT shit is important.

I seriously believe people should mind their own business.

I thought they'd already done this.

Anyway, here in Oregon there are several cities that have done this. When you go shopping, you either bring your own bags, pay for a paper bag, or carry your purchases out in your arms.

A few weeks back, I was in a Home Depot, and I purchased about fifty or so sprinkler heads or repair parts. When I got up to the checkstand, naturally I needed a bag. The clerk discovered they were out of paper bags, so she had to stop her work, holding up the line, and track down a box somewhere in the store so I could place the parts in.
Mind you, this was Home Depot, not Joe's Hardware. I couldn't believe how unprofessional it was, but this is what liberals have brought us.
this is what 50 years of not giving a shit about what we do with our waste.has brought us ...
so why are they not banning plastic trash bags?.....you ever see how many of those are in the land fills?....

So, what are they doing about those ginormous garbage bags that hold gallons of garbage?

They don't make it into landfills or pollute?

The entire law is infantile.

Simple enough.

When your purchase is complete and the checkout stand is full of your stuff have a family member stay with it. Walk to your car with one item at a time, keeping the checkout closed to others until you're done.

In time an angry customer will either kill you or start in on the legislators who created the problem.

What ever happened to 'Save a tree. Use a plastic bag'

California Becomes First State to Ban Plastic Bags - ABC News
According to the first thing said in this write up you are sharing here, pollution is the reason why the plastic bags are being banned. What makes the powers that be think that whatever takes the place of the bags will not be a problem next?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Stores already supply cloth bags. Paper may be used at other sites if you want to pay for it. Both are biodegradable.

I'm sure science will be following this closely to determine exactly what effect this decision has on the world 100 years from now. Now what can we change ban next ?

Forum List

Back