The idiocy of banning plastic grocery bags

We used to use paper bags that were biodegradable.
But we had to go to plastic because we were killing off the trees. Now we can not use plastic bags because they are bad.
I remember being pissed off as a teen when we had to give up paper straws for plastic to save the trees. Could not stand plastic straws, now I’ve gotten used to them, and now back to paper? 🤦

I don’t support banning plastic bags, but I do think more people should use the reusable ones.

Aside from the waste/environment angle, they’re convenient once you get in the habit of using them.

They fit better in the trunk, don’t rip or tip over, and you can carry more of them. I never make two trips carrying in groceries

No it would be virtue signaling if I went on and on about how I recycle

Maybe you want to actually know what the terms you use mean before you post things that make you look like an idiot.
No
Banning plastic bags is virtue signaling.
I wasn't referring to your reaction.

No
Banning plastic bags is virtue signaling.
I wasn't referring to your reaction.
What colossal codswallop!! You think that we should to nothing while the planet goes to shit because doing something is virtue signaling? Is wearing a seat belt in your car also virtue signaling ? Failing to do what you can, whatever the issue is, is stupidity signaling

What colossal codswallop!! You think that we should to nothing while the planet goes to shit because doing something is virtue signaling? Is wearing a seat belt in your car also virtue signaling ? Failing to do what you can, whatever the issue is, is stupidity signaling
Not using plastic bags is a personal choice

Banning them is unpopular and stupid

We got plastic bags because of virtue signaling in the 80s about killing trees to make paper bags (not true)
If not for that, we wouldn't have them now!
Point being, we are a society that goes through billions of plastic water bottles which used more blastic than a few trillion thin bags.
It is all rubber wrist band wearing mentality.

WWJD??

We got plastic bags because of virtue signaling in the 80s about killing trees to make paper bags (not true)
If not for that, we wouldn't have them now!
Point being, we are a society that goes through billions of plastic water bottles which used more blastic than a few trillion thin bags.
It is all rubber wrist band wearing mentality.

WWJD??
You're just making excuses for selfishness and laziness. Or, is it some kind of fucked up libertarian hog wash?

You're just making excuses for selfishness and laziness. Or, is it some kind of fucked up libertarian hog wash?
Haha - WTF?
Selfishness... laziness??
You are babbling.
I use paper whenever it is available - always. It is WAAY more environmentally sound then plastic.
There would be no plastic bags in grocery stores if not for panty wearing tree huggers saying paper bags was killing trees - not true.
I am laughing at the sheer hypocrisy of people crying about plastic bags while drinking bottled water.... soda in plastic bottles... and using Amazon which creates MASSIVE-MASSIVE-MASSIVE more carbon waste than buying your shit locally.

Virtue signaling.
All of it.

Haha - WTF?
Selfishness... laziness??
You are babbling.
I use paper whenever it is available - always. It is WAAY more environmentally sound then plastic.
There would be no plastic bags in grocery stores if not for panty wearing tree huggers saying paper bags was killing trees - not true.
I am laughing at the sheer hypocrisy of people crying about plastic bags while drinking bottled water.... soda in plastic bottles... and using Amazon which creates MASSIVE-MASSIVE-MASSIVE more carbon waste than buying your shit locally.

Virtue signaling.
All of it.
More blatherskite!
Plastic bags came into use because they are cheeper, stronger and easier to use than paper. Not because of tree huggers.

So you use paper when you can? good for you? But you can always use reuasable cloth bags. Why don't you?

As far as your comparison to water bottles go, I already documented how bags pose a special hazard to the environment. Also, bottles are much easier to recycle. Do you recycle? Yes or no?

Yes there is a lot of overpakaging and it's a problem. But claiming that using other plastics while supporting a ban on bags is hypocritical is rediculous on it's face. The point is that there are a lot of little things that we can do, and little things add up. I maintain that you are making excuses out of laziness or selfishness or you're motivated by some idiological crap

Plastic bags should be used to shove down the throats of environazis on top of a landfill.

More blatherskite!
Plastic bags came into use because they are cheeper, stronger and easier to use than paper. Not because of tree huggers.

So you use paper when you can? good for you? But you can always use reuasable cloth bags. Why don't you?

As far as your comparison to water bottles go, I already documented how bags pose a special hazard to the environment. Also, bottles are much easier to recycle. Do you recycle? Yes or no?

Yes there is a lot of overpakaging and it's a problem. But claiming that using other plastics while supporting a ban on bags is hypocritical is rediculous on it's face. The point is that there are a lot of little things that we can do, and little things add up. I maintain that you are making excuses out of laziness or selfishness or you're motivated by some idiological crap

You go ahead be all you can be. Us? Piss off.

Forum List

Back