Breaking News: California Becomes First State To Ban Plastic Bags

The fact that Hawaii has done it statewide on a county basis should be significant to many. Why did they do it? Maybe because the beauty of where we live is more important.

It's the current thing that makes you feel good--like you're making a difference---that you matter. No worries----something else will have to come along soon because the "feel good factor" wears off quickly and fades into " Now what? "

Maybe, it will be the stepping stone to actually changing the world.

So if the concern is about plastic bags ending up buried in landfills for millions of years and they are produced from oil that has been buried for millions of years what is the issue?
The concern in the op was litterbugs...oh noz!

So if the concern is about plastic bags ending up buried in landfills for millions of years and they are produced from oil that has been buried for millions of years what is the issue?

It's the current thing that makes you feel good--like you're making a difference---that you matter. No worries----something else will have to come along soon because the "feel good factor" wears off quickly and fades into " Now what? "

i feel kinda guilty when i ask for plastic, but i use 'em to clean pet poop so not too guilty! :D

If I hadn't been upset by it, I would have thought it was funny how slow the check-out was at Wal-Mart a few days after the ban. It was like reinventing the wheel. After a few months, things picked up and got faster and faster and now is pretty much normal.

I always used my plastic bags. Now instead of reusing the plastic bags I have to buy other plastic bags. There is no net reduction of plastic bags.

I make and sell crocheted cotton, reuseable market bags and expect them to take off any day now...

Hoping to become a millionaire!!!!!

:D

Make them out of repurposed plastic bags, and your profit margin will increase.

It will tear your hands apart, though.

I'm sure that huffing and airplane-glue sniffing incidence has decreased dramatically in vEugina since they banned plastic bags.

Yeah, right.

What ever happened to 'Save a tree. Use a plastic bag'

California Becomes First State to Ban Plastic Bags - ABC News
This is government overkill.
Plastic bags do not pollute.
The people who refuse to either dispose of them properly, reuse them or simply throw them onto the ground should be the focus of new regulations.
No...Once again law and order liberalism goes down the wrong road.
It is my hope that every plastics manufacturer in California immediately start looking to other states to relocate their businesses.
Fuck California.

I make and sell crocheted cotton, reuseable market bags and expect them to take off any day now...

Hoping to become a millionaire!!!!!

:D

Make them out of repurposed plastic bags, and your profit margin will increase.

It will tear your hands apart, though.
I love those crocheted rugs from repurposed plastic bags

They're a great way to use plastic bags..people use all sorts of bags for them..not just grocery plastic bags, but like sandwich bags and bread bags, bags that frozen food comes in.

But it does put a hurt on your hands. I do the occasional rug (finished one, finishing a second) using cotton sheets...and even that takes a toll. Plastic is a lot, lot worse.

are you really this ignorant or do you practice?
You call me ignorant yet you couldn't rebut the point I made. That makes you ignorant and hypocritical.

I always used my plastic bags. Now instead of reusing the plastic bags I have to buy other plastic bags. There is no net reduction of plastic bags.

I used to reuse them as a garbage bag, but at least, I don't have the clutter of big blobs of plastic bags around anymore and don't have to take the excess to recycling at the store.

This is government overkill.
Plastic bags do not pollute.
The people who refuse to either dispose of them properly, reuse them or simply throw them onto the ground should be the focus of new regulations.
No...Once again law and order liberalism goes down the wrong road.
It is my hope that every plastics manufacturer in California immediately start looking to other states to relocate their businesses.
Fuck California.

You want the police to focus a lot of time on litterbugs and go after them. :lol:

Forum List

Back