Breaking News: California Becomes First State To Ban Plastic Bags

The focus should be on making plastic bags or some kind of bag that nature can reclaim. Paper did that but we gotta save the trees. Maybe hemp? Smoke your bag when you get home.

Rightwingers/Republicans are misinformed about, about, about... damn near everything...

HEMP: IT'S NOT FOR SMOKING
There is smokable hemp last I checked. It's funny how you leftist pussies get all twisted out of shape so easily though.

-giggle-
I think you should go for it - I doubt most Republican hemp smokers will know the difference between a headache and trying to think.
Are your knotted up panties made out of hemp?

media.nl

You made idiotic comments, back it up with insults and fellow retards like it. That's par for the course.

And yet-giggle-and yet you chose to post an insult while not being smart enough to debunk a single thing I posted.
Howzat?

What ever happened to 'Save a tree. Use a plastic bag'

California Becomes First State to Ban Plastic Bags - ABC News

Plastic bags don't break down, which is why paper bags are better for the environment.

Actually, many DO break down now.

Not exactly. If circumstances (sunlight, warm water) are perfect, plastic will break down into tiny bits at which point they become even more dangerous but-----but underground in a landfill...?

How long does it take for plastics to biodegrade?
by William Harris

<snip>

Until other researchers can replicate Burd's experiment and waste treatment plants can implement any new processes, the only real way to break down plastic is through photodegradation. This kind of decomposition requires sunlight, not bacteria. When UV rays strike plastic, they break the bonds holding the long molecular chain together. Over time, this can turn a big piece of plastic into lots of little pieces.

Of course, plastic buried in a landfill rarely sees the light of day. But in the ocean, which is where a lot of discarded grocery bags, soft drink bottles and six-pack rings end up, plastic is bathed in as much light as water. In 2009, researchers from Nihon University in Chiba, Japan, found that plastic in warm ocean water can degrade in as little as a year. This doesn't sound so bad until you realize those small bits of plastic are toxic chemicals such as bisphenol A (BPA) and PS oligomer. These end up in the guts of animals or wash up on shorelines, where humans are most likely to come into direct contact with the toxins.

<snip>

Good. I see plastic bags up in the trees, and read about a huge island of plastic trash the size of Texas floating in the ocean, it's about time we did something. I have been reusing cloth bags and recycling for years.

Good. I see plastic bags up in the trees, and read about a huge island of plastic trash the size of Texas floating in the ocean, it's about time we did something. I have been reusing cloth bags and recycling for years.

When planes were criss crossing the ocean looking for the Malaysian airliner would they have missed an island of trash the size of Texas? Can't you recognize when you are being lied to?

?[/QUOTE]
When planes were criss crossing the ocean looking for the Malaysian airliner would they have missed an island of trash the size of Texas? Can't you recognize when you are being lied to

Are you saying you think the Malaysian Airliner went down in the Pacific?
Hunh, I haven't heard anything like that that before but-----but if you have new information, I suggest you contact the FAA immediately - did you hear that on Fox-ehem-News?

The Trash Vortex
You could save a turtle’s life by using less plastic and making sure your garbage is properly managed. In the North Pacific is an area the size of Turkey of floating plastic rubbish. It is rubbish from the land that is polluting our oceans, choking and trapping millions of fish and animals. We can keep plastic trash out of our ocean and save ocean life.

<snip>

Chemical sponge
Plastics can also act as a sort of "chemical sponge", concentrating many of the most damaging of the pollutants found in the world’s oceans: the persistent organic pollutants (POPs). So any animal eating these pieces of plastic debris will also be taking in highly toxic pollutants.

Ocean hitchhikers
Bits of floating plastic can also provide easy transport for plants and animals to move into oceans beyond their normal habitat – these alien species often causing major problems by disturbing the natural balance of the ecosystem.

The North Pacific gyre is one of five major ocean gyres. The Sargasso Sea is a well-known slow circulation area in the Atlantic, and research there has also demonstrated high concentrations of plastic particles present in the water – it’s own Trash Vortex. The Sargasso Sea is home to a rich selection of marine life including fish, turtles and whales and is the breeding ground of the European eel. The Sargasso Sea one of the areas identified by Greenpeace that should be protected as an Ocean Sanctuary.

When planes were criss crossing the ocean looking for the Malaysian airliner would they have missed an island of trash the size of Texas? Can't you recognize when you are being lied to?

Are you saying you think the Malaysian Airliner went down in the Pacific?
Hunh, I haven't heard anything like that that before but-----but if you have new information, I suggest you contact the FAA immediately - did you hear that on Fox-ehem-News?

The Trash Vortex
You could save a turtle’s life by using less plastic and making sure your garbage is properly managed. In the North Pacific is an area the size of Turkey of floating plastic rubbish. It is rubbish from the land that is polluting our oceans, choking and trapping millions of fish and animals. We can keep plastic trash out of our ocean and save ocean life.

<snip>

Chemical sponge
Plastics can also act as a sort of "chemical sponge", concentrating many of the most damaging of the pollutants found in the world’s oceans: the persistent organic pollutants (POPs). So any animal eating these pieces of plastic debris will also be taking in highly toxic pollutants.

Ocean hitchhikers
Bits of floating plastic can also provide easy transport for plants and animals to move into oceans beyond their normal habitat – these alien species often causing major problems by disturbing the natural balance of the ecosystem.

The North Pacific gyre is one of five major ocean gyres. The Sargasso Sea is a well-known slow circulation area in the Atlantic, and research there has also demonstrated high concentrations of plastic particles present in the water – it’s own Trash Vortex. The Sargasso Sea is home to a rich selection of marine life including fish, turtles and whales and is the breeding ground of the European eel. The Sargasso Sea one of the areas identified by Greenpeace that should be protected as an Ocean Sanctuary.

The focus should be on making plastic bags or some kind of bag that nature can reclaim. Paper did that but we gotta save the trees. Maybe hemp? Smoke your bag when you get home.

Rightwingers/Republicans are misinformed about, about, about... damn near everything...

HEMP: IT'S NOT FOR SMOKING

You can wear hemp clothes. Sit on hemp furniture. Even use processed hemp fuel to [power your automobile]. But don’t try to smoke it. “It would give you a headache and that’s about it,” said David Bronner, a board member of both the California-based trade group Hemp Industries Association (HIA) and the political action committee Vote Hemp.

While you don’t get stoned from smoking hemp, the belief that you do remains the biggest misconception about the plant as proponents fight for the acceptance of hemp products.

For the record, hemp is a sister of marijuana, but comes from a different type of cannabis plant. They look almost identical in the wild, but the key difference is their level of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana.

Buy a clue here

At one time hemp was a very important crop and most of the founders of this nation grew it.

The Declaration of Independence is written on paper made from hemp.

There is a portion of that last farm bill that's allowing some states to legally grow industrial hemp.

My state is one of them.

Forum List

Back