Breaking News: California Becomes First State To Ban Plastic Bags

You will pay for paper. Stores will no longer have plastic. Resuables have to be washed but we have a water shortage. I guess the bacteria will just have to make people sick.

You will pay for paper. Stores will no longer have plastic. Resuables have to be washed but we have a water shortage. I guess the bacteria will just have to make people sick.

Man that is problematic.

Come on to Missouri. We have enough water to support our population.

I thought they'd already done this.

Anyway, here in Oregon there are several cities that have done this. When you go shopping, you either bring your own bags, pay for a paper bag, or carry your purchases out in your arms.

A few weeks back, I was in a Home Depot, and I purchased about fifty or so sprinkler heads or repair parts. When I got up to the checkstand, naturally I needed a bag. The clerk discovered they were out of paper bags, so she had to stop her work, holding up the line, and track down a box somewhere in the store so I could place the parts in.
Mind you, this was Home Depot, not Joe's Hardware. I couldn't believe how unprofessional it was, but this is what liberals have brought us.

They don't want poor people to have rugs.

FC0DMY8FXHJXNY9.MEDIUM.jpg

How to Make a Rug from Plastic Grocery Bags Choosing a Pattern

Anyway, here in Oregon there are several cities that have done this. When you go shopping, you either bring your own bags, pay for a paper bag, or carry your purchases out in your arms.

A few weeks back, I was in a Home Depot, and I purchased about fifty or so sprinkler heads or repair parts. When I got up to the checkstand, naturally I needed a bag. The clerk discovered they were out of paper bags, so she had to stop her work, holding up the line, and track down a box somewhere in the store so I could place the parts in.
Mind you, this was Home Depot, not Joe's Hardware. I couldn't believe how unprofessional it was, but this is what liberals have brought us.
this is what 50 years of not giving a shit about what we do with our waste.has brought us ...

this is what 50 years of not giving a shit about what we do with our waste.has brought us ...

The interesting thing is tree hugging libs pushed plastic bags 30 years ago claiming we needed to save the trees. Now they turn around and claim plastic is horrible for the enviroment.

I could not have been more spoiled by the convenience of plastic bags. More than a year ago, my town, Mountain View, CA, banned plastic bags, and I was not too happy about it, but every time I have tried to convince myself they were wrong to do that, I remember about the environment and how banning them prevents millions of bags over a short period of time from ending up mostly littered around ruining the beauty of our own habitat and harming wildlife. I guess it is worth it to tote reusable bags to the store and back.

The interesting thing is tree hugging libs pushed plastic bags 30 years ago claiming we needed to save the trees. Now they turn around and claim plastic is horrible for the enviroment.

Trees are a renewable resource if given the priority.

both are true. what's interesting is why and how you would deny this?

I make and sell crocheted cotton, reuseable market bags and expect them to take off any day now...

Hoping to become a millionaire!!!!!

:D

So if the concern is about plastic bags ending up buried in landfills for millions of years and they are produced from oil that has been buried for millions of years what is the issue?

It's the current thing that makes you feel good--like you're making a difference---that you matter. No worries----something else will have to come along soon because the "feel good factor" wears off quickly and fades into " Now what? "

Forum List

Back