Breaking News: California Becomes First State To Ban Plastic Bags

So if the concern is about plastic bags ending up buried in landfills for millions of years and they are produced from oil that has been buried for millions of years what is the issue?

It's the current thing that makes you feel good--like you're making a difference---that you matter. No worries----something else will have to come along soon because the "feel good factor" wears off quickly and fades into " Now what? "

i feel kinda guilty when i ask for plastic, but i use 'em to clean pet poop so not too guilty! :D
not me.....not at all.....

What ever happened to 'Save a tree. Use a plastic bag'

California Becomes First State to Ban Plastic Bags - ABC News
This is government overkill.
Plastic bags do not pollute.
The people who refuse to either dispose of them properly, reuse them or simply throw them onto the ground should be the focus of new regulations.
No...Once again law and order liberalism goes down the wrong road.
It is my hope that every plastics manufacturer in California immediately start looking to other states to relocate their businesses.
Fuck California.
i think thats a given....

I always used my plastic bags. Now instead of reusing the plastic bags I have to buy other plastic bags. There is no net reduction of plastic bags.
I stopped using plastic bags from stores. Their are other containers that I use as substitutes.

No big deal. Sane people move on
and some "sane" people just roll over and never question anything too....

ill pay for plastic......i will not fall for the bullshit about why they are banning them....

No, you'll pay for paper. You cannot have plastic in any circumstance.

Now you know the Communists know best how to run your life. Submit to Commissar Brown.
false the ban is on one time use bags.
many retailers use more durable plastic.
it mostly affects grocery stores ,wal mart and convenience stores

They don't want poor people to have rugs.

FC0DMY8FXHJXNY9.MEDIUM.jpg

Did you take that with your iPhone?

So if the concern is about plastic bags ending up buried in landfills for millions of years and they are produced from oil that has been buried for millions of years what is the issue?
are you really this ignorant or do you practice?
You call me ignorant yet you couldn't rebut the point I made. That makes you ignorant and hypocritical.
how do you rebut nothing like you having no point.?

I guess recycling isn't a big deal in California?

Ban beer and soft drinks in California. The plastic and glass containers are litter and it leads to obesity!

Get rid of cars too, ozone issues.

I guess recycling isn't a big deal in California?

Ban beer and soft drinks in California. The plastic and glass containers are litter and it leads to obesity!

Get rid of cars too, ozone issues.

Things have changed a lot in 100 years. My grandparents didn't even have a car. They lived in what would become the Oklahoma Dust Bowl and used a horse and wagon to go to town. Raised their own food, and didn't worry about obesity, diabetes or smog. This is how they live in China....and it's coming to a town near you.

001_RTX14IAX.jpg

Simple enough.

When your purchase is complete and the checkout stand is full of your stuff have a family member stay with it. Walk to your car with one item at a time, keeping the checkout closed to others until you're done.

In time an angry customer will either kill you or start in on the legislators who created the problem.

Or they will just put back your junk and boot you.

It's the current thing that makes you feel good--like you're making a difference---that you matter. No worries----something else will have to come along soon because the "feel good factor" wears off quickly and fades into " Now what? "

Maybe, it will be the stepping stone to actually changing the world.

I'm sure science will be following this closely to determine exactly what effect this decision has on the world 100 years from now. Now what can we change ban next ?

It is all about caring.

Doncha just luv the way the Marxist element whiles away the day blogging their bitching about other people's use of modern conveniences from their warm, comfortable basements the jumps in the SUV and runs out for a glass of white whine in the quaint little wine bar to which they could have walked but won't?

Last edited:

I'm sure science will be following this closely to determine exactly what effect this decision has on the world 100 years from now. Now what can we change ban next ?

It is all about caring.

yes----"caring" in the easiest possible way. It was tough work for the libs to get that law passed. A lot of self sacrifice. Did you remember to send a dime to help elephants this month ?

It is all about caring.

yes----"caring" in the easiest possible way. It was tough work for the libs to get that law passed. A lot of self sacrifice. Did you remember to send a dime to help elephants this month ?

Nothing else improves in this country. At least this is a noble effort.

Forum List

Back