The idiocy of banning plastic grocery bags

Blues Man

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2016
I go to the supermarket and buy produce that I put in little plastic bags, greens that come in a plastic tub, ketchup and mustard that come in plastic bottles but I can't use a plastic bag to carry all these items that are packaged in plastic out of the store.

I go to the supermarket and buy produce that I put in little plastic bags, greens that come in a plastic tub, ketchup and mustard that come in plastic bottles but I can't use a plastic bag to carry all these items that are packaged in plastic out of the store.

Put on a man bra and stuff it full of plastic bags and whip them out at the check out to show them you mean business.

the plastic bags are better for the environment than paper ones unless you live within about 60 miles of the coast. We use the resusable bags a lot ....which of course are made from plastic LOL

I`m amazed at the things that people whine about. I`ve never seen plastic ketchup and mustard bottles hanging in trees but I`ve seen plenty of bags in trees along the highways. They`ll still be putting meat and fish in plastic bags so we`ll have enough to line wastebaskets. BFD

I`m amazed at the things that people whine about. I`ve never seen plastic ketchup and mustard bottles hanging in trees but I`ve seen plenty of bags in trees along the highways. They`ll still be putting meat and fish in plastic bags so we`ll have enough to line wastebaskets. BFD

Some people don't get irony

I was in the city of Autism TX and I forgot they did that ignorant shit. Any way I stopped at an HEB and rounded up some shit real quick. I got it loaded on the belt and then she finally turned to me and asked about bags.

I was going to have to pay $1 per bag otherwise so I just walked out. Went to the HEB near the house where bed wetters can't pass such asinine laws.

and at the dumps what plastic bags do you see piled up on each other?.....the trash bags....no one is bitching about those....
Yep, in my town if your loose trash isn't bagged-up when put inside your Herby-Curby you get a nasty-gram taped to it telling you to bag it up. Hell, the the town sells trash bags for the purpose.

Pepperidge Farms remembers when there was no such thing as trash bags and the nasty-ass metal trash cans.

LOL......I also remember when everyone had a backyard trash incinerator and the smell they would produce when they all got lit-off after supper. They banned them in town sometime in the 80s.

Burning trash was sort of a neighborhood gathering in the evening.....They would fire them up and gather and talk, drink beer, etc. It was sort of a decompression thing as most were workers from the local factory.

We had one sort of like this that my dad made.

27587478-0-image-a-78_1587707427073.jpg

We used to use paper bags that were biodegradable.
But we had to go to plastic because we were killing off the trees. Now we can not use plastic bags because they are bad.
They do choke cattle and kill them. The problem isn't the bags, but the slobs who let them blow away.

I mean don't kill yourself If one gets away but the world is a better place if we police them up.

Put on a man bra and stuff it full of plastic bags and whip them out at the check out to show them you mean business.

the plastic bags are better for the environment than paper ones unless you live within about 60 miles of the coast. We use the resusable bags a lot ....which of course are made from plastic LOL
Except for the reusables that are made of cloth, which are most of them

My reusable grocery bags are insulated cloth and washable.

I’m with you on this one.

Lots of uses for them....Hell I keep a sturdy black one in the back pocket of my pants in case I need a sack to tote something....I've used it many a time, folded it back up, ready for the next time.

I've even used them as a improvised lash down.....cut on down both sides and twist into a rope of sorts.....Super strong.

Oh and don't forget all those sandwich bags. ;)

Yeah. It was right up there with paper straws wrapped in plastic. Fucking genious...

Forum List

Back