any linux users here?

1. Gambling is illegal.

2. You can't measure market shares accurately for Open Source, again you will ignore this fact.

3. 1,000 more per year ... that means that there are a thousand more people switching to Linux every year, and that's only for PC's, it does not include the number of Apple computer fans switching (it installs just as well on Macs) nor does it include the millions of servers that run Linux. Every website you go to is Linux or Unix, not Microsucks, except the US government sites (all other governments are switching to Linux now or are running Unix).

gambling isn't illegal. Stop being a giant pussy. If you are so goddamn confident then lets see you put your 1k/year against the MILLIONS that will be busy using Win7 in a couple months.

:lol:

Face it. You lose now and you lose in 6 months. Guess what? One year from now your favorite os will still be a laughing stock. 3 years from now the same. 5 years from now not one single linux distro will crack 2% of the national os market. This is the same fact you found yourself having to deal with when pretending that apple is a significant threat to MS. It's not. bottom line. No amount of expert wannabe bullshit will make this less of a fact.

:thup:

Windoze 7 has been delayed twice already ... and in spite of Windoze being pre installed on machines many people are installing Ubuntu with almost no hassle, installing anything new requires a little tweaking no matter what it is, even a video game, but Ubuntu has a huge support community and we don't require a lot of money to help ... no, we do it for free, thanks to all the Linux/Unix running servers that form the internet we can easily do this. Contact MS, see how helpful they are when you ask how to hook up an iPod ...

Also, yes, gambling is illegal in many states, mine included, except on the indian res.

Then you shouldn't have a hard time CITING EVIDENCE, eh?

and, an IPOD? give me a fucking break. :lol: You know goddamn well that Itunes makes goddamn sure that it's app runs on windows or else no one would bother buying Apple's PRIMARY product.

the shit you people say just to feel less ignorance than you convey is cracking my shit up this morning.

This isn't your state, genius. this is the internet. Feel free to find another excuse to avoid the FACT of your dismal os market share in any time frame you want to name.

:rofl:

...then take my 6 month bet.... don't be scerred!

What do you get out of M$ having market share. Seems like a silly thing to be happy about. I'll bet you Conoco doesn't beat Exxon Mobile in market share in the next 6 months.

Keep wishing Conoco will do all that DOUCHE!!!

See, it just sounds stupid. Doesn't it?

yea... what on EARTH would the direct, numeric evidence of user market share benefit anyone in a capitalistic society??

conoco and exxon mobile pumps the same gas. Clearly, by your own driver conundrum, ubuntu and MS are not even remotely similar in operation. Hell, either would certainly go out of business if their gas was as INCOMPATIBLE as ubuntu seems to be.

See you in 6 months, lil guy. You'll still be looking up at MS from your lil hole then as you are now.

Very little to a smart tech savvy person. Software isn't like hardware in sales at all, many people write their own programs now using scripting languages like Python (which runs best on Mac or Linux). Of course you'd know that if you did any real research. MS makes developing your own programs almost impossible on Windoze for a reason, you either have to spend a ton of money on their library sources now or run sub par programs using ancient widgets from before they started charging for the APIs. All phone apps are Python, so phone app developers almost always switch to Linux or Mac just for the stability of Python. Python seems to have exploded in the last few years but meh. Java also runs better on Linux, and Java developers use Linux almost exclusively. Google, it's all Linux, even their employees use it on their home systems now, specifically Ubuntu. Yahoo had to switch to Linux recently because of a serious hack, which they are considering switching all their systems to Linux. Any document that Windoze can read, Linux can, but Linux can also read any Mac document as well. You avoid these facts, which makes me wonder if you haven't been one of the brainwashed Best Buy employees.

Face it, Windoze sucks for compatibility now, you can't use old tech devices at all with the newest Windoze, but even the future versions of Linux will support anything from the past as well as the new devices. Most companies now offer Linux support, some are even dropping MS support once their contracts run out. Government systems (except the US) are all switching to Linux now. Small businesses love Linux because it's cheaper and unless someone fucks with it, it runs 100% of the time. It's almost impossible to hack and you can't "just get" a virus, period, there's a running joke about the "super virus" for Windoze and how to get it in Linux, quite funny, there's even a Youtube video for it, but I don't want to go to Youtube right now to find it.

Seriously, why do you support a monopoly anyway, I thought you hated the rich getting richer at the expense of the poor.

gambling isn't illegal. Stop being a giant pussy. If you are so goddamn confident then lets see you put your 1k/year against the MILLIONS that will be busy using Win7 in a couple months.

Face it. You lose now and you lose in 6 months. Guess what? One year from now your favorite os will still be a laughing stock. 3 years from now the same. 5 years from now not one single linux distro will crack 2% of the national os market. This is the same fact you found yourself having to deal with when pretending that apple is a significant threat to MS. It's not. bottom line. No amount of expert wannabe bullshit will make this less of a fact.

Windoze 7 has been delayed twice already ... and in spite of Windoze being pre installed on machines many people are installing Ubuntu with almost no hassle, installing anything new requires a little tweaking no matter what it is, even a video game, but Ubuntu has a huge support community and we don't require a lot of money to help ... no, we do it for free, thanks to all the Linux/Unix running servers that form the internet we can easily do this. Contact MS, see how helpful they are when you ask how to hook up an iPod ...

Also, yes, gambling is illegal in many states, mine included, except on the indian res.

and, an IPOD? give me a fucking break. :lol: You know goddamn well that Itunes makes goddamn sure that it's app runs on windows or else no one would bother buying Apple's PRIMARY product.

the shit you people say just to feel less ignorance than you convey is cracking my shit up this morning.

This isn't your state, genius. this is the internet. Feel free to find another excuse to avoid the FACT of your dismal os market share in any time frame you want to name.

Shogun, I've been reading the responses back and forth here and I have a question.
Why are you being such an arrogant, dismissive ass?
Is your income derived in any way, shape or form, directly or indirectly from microsoft, it's affiliates or products?

Oooh, just bumped into the Ubuntu virus video, here's how to get a virus on Ubuntu:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XH5gmKCeKI]YouTube - Ubuntu Virus[/ame]

What do you get out of M$ having market share. Seems like a silly thing to be happy about. I'll bet you Conoco doesn't beat Exxon Mobile in market share in the next 6 months.

Keep wishing Conoco will do all that DOUCHE!!!

See, it just sounds stupid. Doesn't it?

yea... what on EARTH would the direct, numeric evidence of user market share benefit anyone in a capitalistic society??

conoco and exxon mobile pumps the same gas. Clearly, by your own driver conundrum, ubuntu and MS are not even remotely similar in operation. Hell, either would certainly go out of business if their gas was as INCOMPATIBLE as ubuntu seems to be.

See you in 6 months, lil guy. You'll still be looking up at MS from your lil hole then as you are now.

Very little to a smart tech savvy person. Software isn't like hardware in sales at all, many people write their own programs now using scripting languages like Python (which runs best on Mac or Linux). Of course you'd know that if you did any real research. MS makes developing your own programs almost impossible on Windoze for a reason, you either have to spend a ton of money on their library sources now or run sub par programs using ancient widgets from before they started charging for the APIs. All phone apps are Python, so phone app developers almost always switch to Linux or Mac just for the stability of Python. Python seems to have exploded in the last few years but meh. Java also runs better on Linux, and Java developers use Linux almost exclusively. Google, it's all Linux, even their employees use it on their home systems now, specifically Ubuntu. Yahoo had to switch to Linux recently because of a serious hack, which they are considering switching all their systems to Linux. Any document that Windoze can read, Linux can, but Linux can also read any Mac document as well. You avoid these facts, which makes me wonder if you haven't been one of the brainwashed Best Buy employees.

Face it, Windoze sucks for compatibility now, you can't use old tech devices at all with the newest Windoze, but even the future versions of Linux will support anything from the past as well as the new devices. Most companies now offer Linux support, some are even dropping MS support once their contracts run out. Government systems (except the US) are all switching to Linux now. Small businesses love Linux because it's cheaper and unless someone fucks with it, it runs 100% of the time. It's almost impossible to hack and you can't "just get" a virus, period, there's a running joke about the "super virus" for Windoze and how to get it in Linux, quite funny, there's even a Youtube video for it, but I don't want to go to Youtube right now to find it.

Seriously, why do you support a monopoly anyway, I thought you hated the rich getting richer at the expense of the poor.

see, you just regurgitate the same baseless shit without nary a thought to providing evidence.

I support a superior product. All the envy in the world won't make linux distros any more un-user friendly as they are right now. You have the same problem as Open office does: you think that because the shit is a free knock off of a retail MS program that people will start formatting in droves. Thats just not how reality is. in REALITY, most end users don't want to have to hunt down a driver or constantly update kernals any more than they want to dual boot to an MS os just to use MS office. They don't want to have to run wine just to play wow. they LIKE compatibility. you don't speak fucking Farsi in America just because you think the dialect is more expressive; rather, you speak engrish because you KNOW that it will do more to achieve a task than pretend Open Farsi is equivalent.

In fact, apple is just as diabolical as MS. They're operating systems just sucks. The MS envy is THICK. Linux distros are crippled by the very thing you seem to be a fan of: its status as an open source project. Again, end users don't want to peruze the fucking internet looking for a driver that makes their ubuntu laptop FINALLY connect to wifi. Until either options provide a competitive OS you will remain in that 1% market share. And, it's for good reason.

Shogun, I've been reading the responses back and forth here and I have a question.
Why are you being such an arrogant, dismissive ass?
Is your income derived in any way, shape or form, directly or indirectly from microsoft, it's affiliates or products?

uh, welcome to USMB, Noobsticle.

When you people start posting evidence like I can instead of running to the comforting embrace of each others' "expertise" then perhaps you'll be worth being civil to. But, since we both know that you'd rather avoid the facts than admit the truth feel free to either cry about me to the mods (of which Koder is one) or block my posts.

Want to see what Windoze 7 will offer ....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HmuMwfASD0]YouTube - Linux Ubuntu 7.04 + Compiz (Extra)[/ame]

That's a year ago for Ubuntu, now Ubuntu has got even more "toys" for your desktop. No configuration mess required. Oh, and with Ubuntu it's all optional so if you are running a lower end system you don't waste a ton of power on it when you don't want to. ;)

In Linux you don't have to install anything to get iTunes ... ;) But you'd have to actually work with Linux to know that.

and the 2 people in a room of 100 will give a shit.

A room of 100 ... I was in such a room at Office Depot, there were about 42 Ubuntu users (12 used Windoze in addition), 33 Mac users, and only 25 diehard Windoze users, guess who didn't know what they wanted?

In Linux you don't have to install anything to get iTunes ... ;) But you'd have to actually work with Linux to know that.

and the 2 people in a room of 100 will give a shit.

A room of 100 ... I was in such a room at Office Depot, there were about 42 Ubuntu users (12 used Windoze in addition), 33 Mac users, and only 25 diehard Windoze users, guess who didn't know what they wanted?

non sequiters might be fun to whip out at the mac store but I'm more of an evidence type of guy....

take my bet, koder.... dont be a puss.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC5uEe5OzNQ]YouTube - WINDOWS VISTA AERO VS LINUX UBUNTU BERYL[/ame]

Here's Windoze ... or is it ...

Ooooh ... touch screen video from 2 years ago ... wonder what OS had that first ....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx9FgLr9oTk]YouTube - 3D Desktop! TouchScreen and XGL on Linux![/ame]

Oh, and Shogun, you are basically calling 97% of Americans idiots. ;)

no shit. because, when it comes to computers, they are. Which, again, is why you only see ubuntu being used by mostly bored geeks with a little left over angst from the 90s.

You're confusing market share with quality. VHS won out, but Betamax was superior from a technical standpoint.

Forum List

Back