Non Up-gradable Windows Machines Options

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Basically when support for Windows 10 (and earlier versions) ends and the machine can't be "upgraded" to Win 11 there are three options available.
This is a providing info for those who may be interested, I do not endorse any option. You all choose what works best for you.
One is to keep using it and take your chances.
Two is to turn it into a Linux machine.
Three is to turn it into a Chromebook.

I just found out about ChromeOS Flex which is designed to replace older Macs and PCs operating systems. To test it I loaded it on an old(ish) Dell R17 laptop running Win 10 and it's working like a champ. Running quite fast and no hardware issues but of course it's limited to Google and Android apps. Supposedly it can also run Linux packages (apps to you Windows/Mac heathens)........
Granted this option will not be for everyone and may not work on some very old machines and any with ARM processors. And it's definitely NOT for the Jessica Rabbit "OH MY GOD IT'S GOOGLE" crowd but there are those who may find it a preferable choice for their needs.

He gives a fairly quick overview of the ChromeOS Flex operating system for those (like me) who are completely unfamiliar with it.

And it is for this reason businesses are fleeing Microsoft like illegals into America.
Ricoh is one of the latest mega-companies switching all of their software to Linux.

Windows 11? Why?

It's garbage. I'll wait until the next iteration..or something.

Forum List

Back