Would You Vote for a Mormon?

Would you vote for a Mormon for President?

• Yes

Votes: 49 80.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 19.7%

• Total voters
One poll has it that 22% of Americans wouldn't vote for a Mormon. I would be interested to know what percentage of USMB also feels that way.
Yes I would. I lived near Mormon country for 35 years. One of them befriended me and treated me better than family. When she died, it was like getting wounded. I will never forget her for crossing religious lines for only one reason, she liked me because I am honest with money, and I liked her because she could do math in her head faster and more accurately than most people can run a 10-key adder.

Dumb reason for adoring someone, huh. :rolleyes:

no i would not vote for a mormon....have yall looked into their belief system?

Sadly, I have.

There's a reason why Utah leads the country in prescriptions for anti-depressents, people!

hey, here's a wonderful crazy belief.

Dark Skin is a Curse from God.

Not only do Mormons believe that black folks were cursed with blackness because of Ham's sin against Noah (Genesis 9), but they also believe that Native Americans were cursed with dark skin for rejecting Jesus.

Yup, according to crazy Mormon doctrine, Hebrews came to America in the 7th century BCE. They founded a huge civilization that apparently left not a single shred of archeological evidence. Then in the first Century, Jesus stopped by and converted half of them, known as the Nephites, to Christianity... Er.. Mormonism. And the other half, known as the Lamanites, decided to completely and utterly slaughter them for it. God cursed them with dark skin and they were the ancestors of the Native Americans.

Yup. This is what Mormons actually beleive.

Now, keeping in mind the only way the GOP stays viable as a party long term or has much of a chance short term is by convincing minorities that they have their interests at heart. Saying that God has cursed them with dark skin isn't going to exactly win them over.

("No, no, Joe. YOu are a big meaniehead for hating Mormons. How dare you judge them on their crazy beliefs?")

If I can't vote for a Mormon because they believe things that are completely ludicrous and easily disproven, then I can't vote for a regular Christian either. :dunno:

when they think they are gonna be gods?

and you may not take it seriously but mormons do...they are right up there with sciencetolgists when it comes to protecting their religion

One poll has it that 22% of Americans wouldn't vote for a Mormon. I would be interested to know what percentage of USMB also feels that way.
Yes I would. I lived near Mormon country for 35 years. One of them befriended me and treated me better than family. When she died, it was like getting wounded. I will never forget her for crossing religious lines for only one reason, she liked me because I am honest with money, and I liked her because she could do math in her head faster and more accurately than most people can run a 10-key adder.

I dont really see crossing religious lines as being that significant. Especially for a mormon. One of the grand fundamental principles of mormonism is to be a friend to all. I wish all the Latter-day Saints would learn that.

Im sorry that you lost a good friend becki. The good thing about friendship is that it's Eternal. You'll meet again.

Sadly, I have.

There's a reason why Utah leads the country in prescriptions for anti-depressents, people!

hey, here's a wonderful crazy belief.

Dark Skin is a Curse from God.

Not only do Mormons believe that black folks were cursed with blackness because of Ham's sin against Noah (Genesis 9), but they also believe that Native Americans were cursed with dark skin for rejecting Jesus.

Yup, according to crazy Mormon doctrine, Hebrews came to America in the 7th century BCE. They founded a huge civilization that apparently left not a single shred of archeological evidence. Then in the first Century, Jesus stopped by and converted half of them, known as the Nephites, to Christianity... Er.. Mormonism. And the other half, known as the Lamanites, decided to completely and utterly slaughter them for it. God cursed them with dark skin and they were the ancestors of the Native Americans.

Yup. This is what Mormons actually beleive.

Now, keeping in mind the only way the GOP stays viable as a party long term or has much of a chance short term is by convincing minorities that they have their interests at heart. Saying that God has cursed them with dark skin isn't going to exactly win them over.

("No, no, Joe. YOu are a big meaniehead for hating Mormons. How dare you judge them on their crazy beliefs?")

I suggest you actually read the Book of Mormon sometimes. You wouldn't look so ridiculous getting things wrong like you have if you actually know what your talking about.

No. People dont have to be religious to be good.

Read my lips..... Anybody But Obama.

any more questions?

Obama is what we got under the 'Anybody but Bush' mantra. Didn't we learn anything?

mccain fell into the "anybody but bush" category as well.

if kerry won, you'd have a point. actually kerry won ohio, i read somewhere.

:lol: if the topic said "muslim" people would call you a bigot for saying that.

when they think they are gonna be gods?

and you may not take it seriously but mormons do...they are right up there with sciencetolgists when it comes to protecting their religion

Do they murder people over religion like some of islam?

My point still stands, if you replaced mormon with muslim your response would be considered bigoted.

Probably not.

Certainly not if I thought that they planned on carrrying out the duties of POTUS using the principles and value systems of the Church of Latter Day Saints.

This is a secular society and I'd like it to stay that way.

Quick! what religion was IKE?

Most of us probably don't know.

That is the kind of POTUS I want.

One who knows that weaing ones religion on one's sleeve isn't what a good head of a secular state does.

I don't want a religiously based POTUS, I want a reality-based POTUS.

Exactly! :clap2:

You two are liberal kooks, most likely atheists too, your vote nor your opinion counts with anyone except other liberal kooks. Go get on that board.:lol:

No. People dont have to be religious to be good.
No they don't. All one has to do is review past actions to see morals or lack therof.

Read my lips..... Anybody But Obama.

any more questions?

I am with you all the way on this one, I will vote for the orange juice can before I re-elect that economic moron to another term.

Have you looked at the Catholics??? They said the same thing about John Kennedy being a Catholic and look what happened there. :cuckoo:

Mormons and Catholics have the same God the rest of us do. God loves us all the same, no matter what religion we belong to.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back