Debate Now Will Disney Wind Up Going Out Of Business?

And those "morons" are cash cows.
I'm totally in the minority when it comes to watching those movies. I have never watched any Star Wars movie except for bits and pieces of the original.

I watched the originals but got turned off by the silly Jar Jar Binks sequels.
Saw the latest reboot with Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and was not interested in seeing more

The dialogue is just horrible and the acting has always been so stale

Disney cannot continue to lose money on it's movies and have no effect. None of it's movies has shown a profit for a very long time. The woke, female led Pirates of the Caribbean, movie has had five endings and bombed every one in a test audience before it was shelved. That's a loss of millions and it's not the only stinker.

The Disney parks are making money but for how long? Many of the rides are closed and in disrepair. Disney continues to overcrowd their venues then charge extra for a fast pass to get on a ride. Tickets are well over $100.00.

Most people who work for Disney see it breaking up. Which is likely what will happen.
Disney owns Marvel.

I watched the originals but got turned off by the silly Jar Jar Binks sequels.
Saw the latest reboot with Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and was not interested in seeing more

The dialogue is just horrible and the acting has always been so stale
I rate Harrison Ford right alongside with Chuck Norris.

Now let's watch Carrie Fisher in a movie that I've watched many times...

I rate Harrison Ford right alongside with Chuck Norris.

Now let's watch Carrie Fisher in a movie that I've watched many times...

The three most masculine stars in Hollywood are all over 80. Harrison Ford, Chuck Norris and Clint Eastwood is over 90. Sylvester Stallone isn't included because he is only 76. The closest young man to male status is Chris Pratt probably because he got guy lessons from his father in law.

The Disney parks are making money but for how long? Many of the rides are closed and in disrepair.

This is what's currently closed at Disney World in Orlando:

• Walt Disney World Railroad - closed due to construction on the Tron Lightcycle Run roller coaster.
  • Tomorrowland Light & Power Co. - the gift shop at Space Mountain is closed for renovations.
  • Pete's Silly Sideshow - Closed due to the pandemic. Re-opening is pending.
  • Splash Mountain - closed for renovations for a completye rebranding as Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, an attraction that will act as a sequel to The Princess and the Frog.
  • The American Adventure - Closed for regularly scheduled maintenance.
  • Canada Far and Wide in CircleVision 360 - This EPCOT attraction is currently closed due to the EPCOT Food & Wine Festival, which ended November 19. It is scheduled to re-open on November 28.

None of those closures are due to the an attraction being in a state of disrepair...

Disney continues to overcrowd their venues then charge extra for a fast pass to get on a ride.

What do you consider "overcrowding"?

The Magic Kingdom's absolute safe maximum capacity is 100,000 people. In the rare instance they would actually have that many people inside the park, the gates would close. In 2022, the average number of guests per day numbered far less than that maximum, at about 67,000 per day.

As for the Fast Pass, no one is forcing anyone to buy the pass. Yes, they get you on the ride somewhat faster, but you actually don't save that much time...

Tickets are well over $100.00.

And?

I can remember when admission to Disney World was $5.25, or about $36 in today's money. But, you had to purchase different tickets for different rides. Now, you could say that $36 is a lot less than the current $109 it costs to get in, but you also have to keep in mind a couple of things: First, you're not buying ticket books to go on rides. In 1974 it cost .90¢ for an "E" ticket; that was for the biggest rides in the park. That same ticket would cost about $5.46 today. There are currently 15 rides which were once considered "E-ticket" rides. If you were to ride every one of them, it would cost you an additional $81.90 today, in addition to the $36 it would cost if Disney World still used that system.

And, keep in mind, you haven't paid to go on any of the other rides yet.

The second thing to keep in mind is that, today, $109 gets you admission into the park and access to all attractions...

Most people who work for Disney see it breaking up. Which is likely what will happen.

I have two very good friends who work at Disney World, and they say they've never seen attendance so robust. Prior to working there, they would make one or two trips a year from New York to go to Disney World, so they've seen it over the long-term. They're comfortable that their jobs are secure and that Disney will be around for a long, long time...

The contracts for the original stars are coming to an end. Disney has plans to race and/or gender swap all of them. She Hulk has already failed. Let's see what's next.
You never know. You could be right.

Last edited:
I honestly can't think of any rules, I just didn't think that this was clean debate friendly. I've been wondering this for awhile now because due to the fact that Disney has been losing its popularity ever since the war with Ron DeSantis on the don't say gay bill, it has to be losing LOTS of money.

The way I see it right now is that Disney has two options. Either to stop all this woke agenda crap and go back to being family friendly OR that it should shut its doors for good.

Now I would really hate to see the latter happen because I grew up on Disney (I've also been to Walt Disney World quote a few times in my youth) and I still love all of the old films. With a few exceptions (so far sequels to the older movies) I can't stand the new Disney. So what do you guys think? Is Disney truly on its deathbed now?

Edit: I just heard that Bob Iger is returning, maybe that'll wind up saving the Disney company. :D
Obviously no. Disney is not even close to going out of business.
However, like Apple in the 2000s, they have allowed themselves to become "corporatized" where all decisions are made by a board of boring old people who are very risk averse.
Unfortunately Disney has had the cash to buy some of the best and most innovative entertainment companies that exist... and consequently ruined ever one of them. Pixar, to me, being the greatest example of a truly unique and talented company turned into a robotic rerun/remake machine droning out reboots of everything from past greats.

With the recent "reboot" of the company itself by firing a woke, failed asshole and bringing back the past CEO... maybe... they are on a good path. But doubtful, as the past CEO may not be the woke libtard - but he is the guy that headed up all that was bad before him.

Lookup any recent Disney movie and you will probably find gay characters and hardly any white characters even though the original role was supposed to be a white character.
"Probably" isn't good enough. Face it. You don't know what you're talking about. Next time you post, do it in the little kid section.

This is what's currently closed at Disney World in Orlando:

• Walt Disney World Railroad - closed due to construction on the Tron Lightcycle Run roller coaster.
  • Tomorrowland Light & Power Co. - the gift shop at Space Mountain is closed for renovations.
  • Pete's Silly Sideshow - Closed due to the pandemic. Re-opening is pending.
  • Splash Mountain - closed for renovations for a completye rebranding as Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, an attraction that will act as a sequel to The Princess and the Frog.
  • The American Adventure - Closed for regularly scheduled maintenance.
  • Canada Far and Wide in CircleVision 360 - This EPCOT attraction is currently closed due to the EPCOT Food & Wine Festival, which ended November 19. It is scheduled to re-open on November 28.

None of those closures are due to the an attraction being in a state of disrepair...

What do you consider "overcrowding"?

The Magic Kingdom's absolute safe maximum capacity is 100,000 people. In the rare instance they would actually have that many people inside the park, the gates would close. In 2022, the average number of guests per day numbered far less than that maximum, at about 67,000 per day.

As for the Fast Pass, no one is forcing anyone to buy the pass. Yes, they get you on the ride somewhat faster, but you actually don't save that much time...

And?

I can remember when admission to Disney World was $5.25, or about $36 in today's money. But, you had to purchase different tickets for different rides. Now, you could say that $36 is a lot less than the current $109 it costs to get in, but you also have to keep in mind a couple of things: First, you're not buying ticket books to go on rides. In 1974 it cost .90¢ for an "E" ticket; that was for the biggest rides in the park. That same ticket would cost about $5.46 today. There are currently 15 rides which were once considered "E-ticket" rides. If you were to ride every one of them, it would cost you an additional $81.90 today, in addition to the $36 it would cost if Disney World still used that system.

And, keep in mind, you haven't paid to go on any of the other rides yet.

The second thing to keep in mind is that, today, $109 gets you admission into the park and access to all attractions...

I have two very good friends who work at Disney World, and they say they've never seen attendance so robust. Prior to working there, they would make one or two trips a year from New York to go to Disney World, so they've seen it over the long-term. They're comfortable that their jobs are secure and that Disney will be around for a long, long time...
I have seen Disneyland Anaheim so crowded that it was difficult just to walk around. Some of the more popular rides has a 4 hour wait. Part of reason is the redesign of ride exits. They all exit into a themed gift shop. Most sit down restaurants were closed in favor of food kiosks. Disney Anaheim tickets are more expensive than Disney World. $109 with some at $143.00.

The Disney parks and resorts aren't going anyplace. The company is still looking at a breakup, the same way it grew.

To paraphrase Yogi Berra

Nobody goes to Disneyworld anymore….It is too crowded
I went there in... I think... 1990?
I was not at all impressed. My daughter and her husband went there in 2019 and said they doubt they will ever go back.... too crowded and everything is about buying swag.

Forum List

Back