Next up: A black remake of "It's a Wonderful Life"

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Why? Because there's aren't enough movies where the traditional characters have been replaced, for the sake of pandering to a small audience who is obsessed with "race."

Some things are just better left alone.

Black-ish Director Kenya Barris To Remake ā€œItā€™s a Wonderful Lifeā€ For Modern Audiences​

Nothing is sacred in Hollywood. Everything they own the rights to is just possible fodder for a remake or re-imagining. While Disney is notorious for this, Paramount is taking its swing at the title for ā€œmost unwanted reimaginingā€ with a remake of ā€œItā€™s A Wonderful Life.ā€

Paramount, along with ā€œBlack-ishā€ director Kenya Barris, plans on remaking the iconic holiday film for modern audiences by remaking the film with POC actors because that worked out so well for ā€œThe Wonder Yearsā€ reboot.

Barris mentioned this project, along with a new ā€œWizard of Ozā€ film set in Inglewood at the Sundance Film Festival. Variety reported on the comments that were made by Barris as he was taking part in the Variety Studio presented by Audible.

Hereā€™s what he said:​

ā€œI feel like Christmas movies are amazing and I think the idea of taking something that has that long of a history and a tale behind it and putting an amazing piece of talent to tell that story. Itā€™s a guy whoā€™s trying to help out his community and things are going to turn around on him. I think thatā€™s the perfect story to tell for a person of color ā€” Black or brown ā€” to get into that because our communities have some issues and someone trying to help that community out. I think thatā€™s the perfect vehicle to tell that story from.ā€

Barris was also the director of a remake of ā€œWhite Men Canā€™t Jumpā€ on Disney+ that no one cared about.

ā€œItā€™s a Wonderful Lifeā€ is an American classic done almost 80 years ago. Personally, I donā€™t think itā€™s a good idea to try to remake that film at all. That being said, one could take inspiration from the film and make a new story, called something else, that isnā€™t a remake. But some things should be left alone. That is one of them."

Black-ish Director Kenya Barris To Remake "It's a Wonderful Life" For Modern Audiences

So you consider movies with White people "sacred?"

Kinda weird and racist if you ask me.

I thought WIZ was bad not because of Black people, the music just wasn't that good.

I'm guessing "Black" elves and mermaids set you off as well.

It only makes sense that a low-IQ woke white person would have even watched the WIZ.

But at least thanks for admitting that it was a crappy movie. Sorry you were disappointed.

Why? Because there's aren't enough movies where the traditional characters have been replaced, for the sake of pandering to a small audience who is obsessed with "race."

Some things are just better left alone.

Black-ish Director Kenya Barris To Remake ā€œItā€™s a Wonderful Lifeā€ For Modern Audiences​

Nothing is sacred in Hollywood. Everything they own the rights to is just possible fodder for a remake or re-imagining. While Disney is notorious for this, Paramount is taking its swing at the title for ā€œmost unwanted reimaginingā€ with a remake of ā€œItā€™s A Wonderful Life.ā€

Paramount, along with ā€œBlack-ishā€ director Kenya Barris, plans on remaking the iconic holiday film for modern audiences by remaking the film with POC actors because that worked out so well for ā€œThe Wonder Yearsā€ reboot.

Barris mentioned this project, along with a new ā€œWizard of Ozā€ film set in Inglewood at the Sundance Film Festival. Variety reported on the comments that were made by Barris as he was taking part in the Variety Studio presented by Audible.

Hereā€™s what he said:​

Barris was also the director of a remake of ā€œWhite Men Canā€™t Jumpā€ on Disney+ that no one cared about.

ā€œItā€™s a Wonderful Lifeā€ is an American classic done almost 80 years ago. Personally, I donā€™t think itā€™s a good idea to try to remake that film at all. That being said, one could take inspiration from the film and make a new story, called something else, that isnā€™t a remake. But some things should be left alone. That is one of them."

Black-ish Director Kenya Barris To Remake "It's a Wonderful Life" For Modern Audiences
White remake of song of the south

White remake of song of the south

"Roots", starring Jason Alexander as Kunta Kinte. :laughing0301:

1705842261525.jpeg

It only makes sense that a low-IQ woke white person would have even watched the WIZ.

But at least thanks for admitting that it was a crappy movie. Sorry you were disappointed.
The music, not the race of the actors.

Not surprising you'd refuse to see a movie with a Black actor, racist.

The music, not the race of the actors.

Not surprising you'd refuse to see a movie with a Black actor, racist.

You're an idiot. Just the other day I watched one the of Die Hard movies that had Samuel L. Jackson in it.

"Plan 9 from Outer Space"
Had not a single Black actor but was still a horrible movie.

If ALL you see is race then you have no idea whether the film is any good.
And
Since all you see is race your opinion is of no value, racist.

Are you an IM2 sock account?

"Plan 9 from Outer Space"
Had not a single Black actor but was still a horrible movie.

If ALL you see is race then you have no idea whether the film is any good.
And
Since all you see is race your opinion is of no value, racist.
Anyone who pretends not to see race is a liar, thier opinion is of no value...

Anyone who pretends not to see race is a liar, thier opinion is of no value...
Observing a person's race is not racist.
Refusing to see a movie for the race of the actor is a racist and your opinion is of no value.

What color are mermaids? ANY COLOR YOU WANT, THEY'RE FANTASIES.
How about elves? ANY COLOR YOU WANT, THEY'RE FANTASIES.
Christmas story characters? ANY COLOR YOU WANT, THEY'RE FANTASIES.

Maybe you get the idea, Racist.
Maybe, but I doubt it.

• Brilliant
Reactions: IM2
It can't be a remake of the orignial movie because the father in the original story lived at home with his wife and children instead of shacking up with his Ho or being in prison.

Observing a person's race is not racist.
Refusing to see a movie for the race of the actor is a racist and your opinion is of no value.

What color are mermaids? ANY COLOR YOU WANT, THEY'RE FANTASIES.
How about elves? ANY COLOR YOU WANT, THEY'RE FANTASIES.
Christmas story characters? ANY COLOR YOU WANT, THEY'RE FANTASIES.

Maybe you get the idea, Racist.
Maybe, but I doubt it.
You clearly don't get the idea. Hollywood is out of creativity, and ideas. As such; they are lazily remaking films that were successful, and iconic in their own right, and trying to get a second bite at the apple by shamelessly pandering to a black audience, in the hopes of making an easy buck. That's about as racist as it gets.

Forum List

Back