Next up: A black remake of "It's a Wonderful Life"

And why can't a "A Wonderful Life" be made about A black family? Whites is a race, and you are obssessed with everything remaining whites only, which means you're obsessed with race.

Not "made" -- "remade", as in not original.

Go ahead and settle, while America is tired of settling.

If you don’t want to watch the remake don’t, if you do, watch it, not seeing an issue.

• Winner
Reactions: IM2
I didn't like The Wiz and I'm black. I didn't like the original Wizard of Oz either. First, because it was stupid. Second, because I'm from Kansas and have been to Liberal.
The Wizard of Oz should be understood for the time it was created.

The music is delightful. Not unusual for the period.
For the early/mid 1930s the special effects were amazing.
Small children were terrified of the Wicked Witch and the flying monkeys.
Margaret Hamilton's Wicked Witch set the bar for every over the top villain in every movie since.
She was magnificent.

• Winner
The Wizard of Oz should be understood for the time it was created.

The music is delightful. Not unusual for the period.
For the early/mid 1930s the special effects were amazing.
Small children were terrified of the Wicked Witch and the flying monkeys.
Margaret Hamilton's Wicked Witch set the bar for every over the top villain in every movie since.
She was magnificent.
I do admit that the Wicked Witch was the best character. Being from Kansas I got tired of hearing the Toto jjokes. Furthermore, I'm just not into musicals.

I do admit that the Wicked Witch was the best character. Being from Kansas I got tired of hearing the Toto jjokes. Furthermore, I'm just not into musicals.
Yeah, I can understand the Kansas jokes getting on the nerves and I'm not much on musicals but I am something of a movie/TV buff from a technical perspective.

• Informative
How great a story is it when the angel shows Black George Bailey how different the world was before the Great Society?
You need to drop that meme son. A realistic movie using a black family during that time period would be something you could not take.. It would be banned in Texas and Florida.

So you consider movies with White people "sacred?"

Kinda weird and racist if you ask me.

I thought WIZ was bad not because of Black people, the music just wasn't that good.

I'm guessing "Black" elves and mermaids set you off as well.

The wiz wasn't good because it wasn't good. Had nothing to do with blacks.

The reason why this is going to bad isn't just because of blacks, it's because it's pandering, it's forcing an issue.

The wiz they tried to make a good movie, sure they failed, but they tried to make a good movie. With it's a wonderful life remake their first priority isn't to make a good movie but to instead try to make a black movie and focus on social agendas.

It's the same reason the all female Ghostbusters failed because as soon as it was announced they constantly only said "it has all women" so their priority wasn't to make a good movie, but to make a all female movie.

You fail to differentiate between a movie that tries to be just a good movie, and a movie made just be a mark on a forced diversity and inclusion agenda checksheet.

That's why it will fail because the movie is being made to check boxes, increase esg scores, try to appeal only a specific set of people, to try and be socially aware and so on.

No movie made in the past 5 year's since all this diversity shit started, or until it all ends, will ever be as popular or well known and loved as say predator, raiders of the lost ark, or die hard. Because those are movies that were totally free some social agenda bullshit and just made to be fun. Black white, Asian, everyone loves those movies, but nothing made in years will ever go down on movie history like those.

The wiz wasn't good because it wasn't good. Had nothing to do with blacks.

The reason why this is going to bad isn't just because of blacks, ...
Of course, in your mind, that's the ONLY reason it will be bad because you haven't seen the movie, the script or even the player list.

Of course, in your mind, that's the ONLY reason it will be bad because you haven't seen the movie, the script or even the player list.

Come back and try to talk to us after the film opens.

With box office figures.

Until then, all y'all are doing is playing games.

Why? Because there's aren't enough movies where the traditional characters have been replaced, for the sake of pandering to a small audience who is obsessed with "race."

Some things are just better left alone.

Black-ish Director Kenya Barris To Remake “It’s a Wonderful Life” For Modern Audiences​

Nothing is sacred in Hollywood. Everything they own the rights to is just possible fodder for a remake or re-imagining. While Disney is notorious for this, Paramount is taking its swing at the title for “most unwanted reimagining” with a remake of “It’s A Wonderful Life.”

Paramount, along with “Black-ish” director Kenya Barris, plans on remaking the iconic holiday film for modern audiences by remaking the film with POC actors because that worked out so well for “The Wonder Years” reboot.

Barris mentioned this project, along with a new “Wizard of Oz” film set in Inglewood at the Sundance Film Festival. Variety reported on the comments that were made by Barris as he was taking part in the Variety Studio presented by Audible.

Here’s what he said:​

Barris was also the director of a remake of “White Men Can’t Jump” on Disney+ that no one cared about.

“It’s a Wonderful Life” is an American classic done almost 80 years ago. Personally, I don’t think it’s a good idea to try to remake that film at all. That being said, one could take inspiration from the film and make a new story, called something else, that isn’t a remake. But some things should be left alone. That is one of them."

Black-ish Director Kenya Barris To Remake "It's a Wonderful Life" For Modern Audiences
White nationalists goobers think the world is supposed to place them on a pedestal at all times.

White nationalists goobers think the world is supposed to place them on a pedestal at all times.
Nope that's elitests who think that.
GettyImages-152323556.jpg

And why can't a "A Wonderful Life" be made about A black family?
sure.....

and i vote you play Clarence the angel IM2

Talk George Baily down off the bridge , and into the local BLM

Get yer wings! ;)

~S~

Forum List

Back