Why do some people say "God Fearing"?

Incorrect. If you came face to face with the creator of existence, the logical thing would be to humble yourself. That's what it means.
Nah, I was spot on.

You worry your God is not so benevolent. Because he isn't.

You fear God because you think he can and may revoke your magical gift box.

Nah, I was spot on.

You worry your God is not so benevolent. Because he isn't.

You fear God because you think he can and may revoke your magical gift box.
That's how you need to see it. My relationship with God progresses me. Such that I have great peace when dealing with people like yourself.

Okay!

Your idea of God and what God wants is different than someone from. The 16th century. Their idea was different than s.eone from the 13th century. And so on and so forth.

Yet you all possess(ed) the same instruction book.

Proof positive God is what you have made him to be.
Strange........your false premise that different people from different time periods had different opinions of what God wants from His people. Considering that the Holy Scriptures pre-existed all those different times periods and revealed "the will of God" (Eph. 5:17)

If you have a different idea concerning the Will of God........then you are not reading your Bible. The will of God has been revealed for well over 2000 years now.

Christians are commanded to know the will of God and that knowledge rests in one place.......The Word of God. (1 John 5:3)

"Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17). We are to worship in Spirit and Truth (John 4:24). What is truth? The Word of God is Truth. (John 17:17)

As always when it comes to someone that professes to know more than the Holy Spirit who inspired the Word of God..........you find a common practice among those self professed smart people. A lack of Logic and Reason, their opinions have more holes in them than cheese cloth.

Strange........your false premise that different people from different time periods had different opinions of what God wants from His people. Considering that the Holy Scriptures pre-existed all those different times periods and revealed "the will of God" (Eph. 5:17)

If you have a different idea concerning the Will of God........then you are not reading your Bible. The will of God has been revealed for well over 2000 years now.

Christians are commanded to know the will of God and that knowledge rests in one place.......The Word of God. (1 John 5:3)

"Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17). We are to worship in Spirit and Truth (John 4:24). What is truth? The Word of God is Truth. (John 17:17)

As always when it comes to someone that professes to know more than the Holy Spirit who inspired the Word of God..........you find a common practice among those self professed smart people. A lack of Logic and Reason, their opinions have more holes in them than cheese cloth.
It's an historic fact that Christian beliefs about the nature of God have changed over the years. The Christian of Paul's time wouldn't recognize the Christian of today.

I see this said or written many many times and I don't understand why anyone would fear God. He loves us. My dad loved me. I didn't fear him at all. What I DID fear was disappointing him, or making him sad or angry. I loved him...so making him feel negatively for an action I did, or a word I said, or how I conducted myself in certain situations..yes...I feared the hurt look he would get. Same with God. But what I gather from the phrase : "I am a God Fearing woman/man", I take it as fearing He Who Loves Us. How can one fear Him knowing that?
God had been known to smite people he wasn't happy with.

I see this said or written many many times and I don't understand why anyone would fear God. He loves us. My dad loved me. I didn't fear him at all. What I DID fear was disappointing him, or making him sad or angry. I loved him...so making him feel negatively for an action I did, or a word I said, or how I conducted myself in certain situations..yes...I feared the hurt look he would get. Same with God. But what I gather from the phrase : "I am a God Fearing woman/man", I take it as fearing He Who Loves Us. How can one fear Him knowing that?
I don't doubt my dad loved me too, but I was scared of him.

It's an historic fact that Christian beliefs about the nature of God have changed over the years. The Christian of Paul's time wouldn't recognize the Christian of today.
And? :blahblah: Satan's only 2 weapons, Deceit and Deflection. The Holy Scriptures have existed over the entirety of that time period with the Will of God contained therein. The topic was "knowing the will of God".........not some people's ignorant opinions that do not bother with ever opening a Bible. You can opine all you want......but there is only one source of calibrating the will of God, THE WORD OF GOD.

The will of God is that you must "Worship in Spirit and in Truth" (John 4:24). What is TRUTH? "Sanctify them thru thy truth: Thy Word is Truth." -- John 17:17 Sanctify: Make Holy, call out from the world.

Opinions may "evolve".......societies may evolve, but truth does not evolve, what was true 3500 years ago is just as true today. That truth? God has made His will openly known through the inspired works of the Holy Spirit of God. "All scripture is given by inspiration of God........." -- 2 Tim. 3:16

Last edited:
The Christian of Paul's time wouldn't recognize the Christian of today.
And? :blahblah: Satan's only 2 weapons, Deceit and Deflection. The Holy Scriptures have existed over the entirety of that time period with the Will of God contained therein.

so true - for the recognition ... from the 1st century to the 4th.

christianity did not exist during pauls time - no one in the 1st century believed the itinerant was an actual son of a deity. the c scriptures / bible only came into being in the 4th century - when more convincing for thair false religion, 400 years past the event. they've been persecuting and victimizing ever since - clyde.

christianity did not exist during pauls time - no one in the 1st century believed the itinerant was an actual son of a deity. the c scriptures / bible only came into being in the 4th century - when more convincing for thair false religion, 400 years past the event. they've been persecuting and victimizing ever since - clyde.
Of course there was Christianity in Paul's time. He started churches a lot of places, and they all believed Jesus was a diety.

If you knew what some of us know about God, you would definitely fear Him

just for starters: How about all the evil He allows, for who knows what reason?

to punish our sins? You cannot say He does not punish sin...

As it says in Isaiah:

The prophet Isaiah speaks for God, saying that God says to us:

"Your ways are not My ways; your thoughts are not My thoughts"

and I could go on and on.... But experience alone tells me God is to be feared. I think it is in Proverbs 1

that it says Fear of God is the beginning of all wisdom.. (says that somewhere else in the Word also)

Of course there was Christianity in Paul's time. He started churches a lot of places, and they all believed Jesus was a diety.

really,

Then Peter remembered the word the Lord had spoken to him: "Before the rooster crows today, you will disown me three times."

oh, sorry - that was a different one ...

those who actually gave their lives did so for the liberation theology of the 1st century self determination but why bother with what those events truly stood for or the sacrifices that were made.

Wrong.........the Book of Acts was written by "Luke" the physician not Paul. It was "Peter" teaching those in "Antioch", ".......And the disciples were called CHRISTIANS first at Antioch." -- Acts 11:26

Again......those professing to be wise became fools. Stranger still is the fact that Peter calls all of Paul's epistles "SCRIPTURE" in comparing Paul's writing with the other Scriptures to include the O.T. scriptures which Paul was an expert in the history thereof. The Reason that Jesus personally appointed Saul.......changing his name to "Paul", as an Apostle to the Gentiles. Paul had the historical knowledge to prove that Jesus was the Messiah of Prophecy. Before Paul's conversion He persecuted the church members, putting some in prison (Acts 8:3) witnessing some stoned to death.(Acts 7:57-58)

Peter had this to say about Paul. "As also in all his (Paul's) epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which some are hard to be understood. WHICH THEY THAT ARE UNLEARNED (just like you) AND UNSTABLE WREST, AS THEY DO OTHER SCRIPTURES, UNTO THEIR OWN DESTRUCTION." -- 2 Peter 3:16 :disbelief:

"The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good." -- Psalm 14:1

The most important question? Why FEAR GOD? :dunno: "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of WISDOM; and the knowledge of the Holy is understanding." -- Proverbs 9:10-12.

:

Last edited:
God is absolutely benevolent. There is nothing good that has not originally been from the Creator. God's goodness still includes true justice and righteousness, and God would not have it compromised. So with rebelliousness humans turning to their own will contrary to what God says for them and God's right will for them, there are consequences to them and there is curse to this world from that, more and more, with more of these sins. God still provides deliverance with atonement for the repentance and deliverance for the creation that groans for that hope.

Forum List

Back