Zone1 the 2 fallacies in saying : All Scripture is inspired by God not sinful men

Libby von H

Platinum Member
Nov 10, 2023
First of all, you must be saying that God can't use men to accomplish what He wants them to accomplish. Puny man bests the Omnipotent
Secondly, you act as if Sola Scriptura and Private Interpretation are the key, But however you take it, we (me and you)only accept this as Scripture BECAUSE the faith of the Church community said it was

You are that silly immature type that St Augustine often refers to

If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself.”

So scripture is inspired by God using sinful man. It is your 3rd fallacy to split that apart

1711823625391.png

The fallacy here is that you seem to think you can change the mind of a true believer.

SMILE

:)

If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself.”
That so happens to be exactly what the Catholic church has done. They've granted their faithful the permission to believe that Genesis is not a literally correct story and that it has a deeper meaning than it being the truth from the god.

There's no more faithful catholic than our Ding! He has unequivocally rejected many of the bible stories!

Last edited:
... it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself.”

developing the spirit a person is born with is the persons own responsibility - admission to the everlasting being the goal for some to accomplish.

liberation theology, self determination is the true spoken heavenly gospel and path to the everlasting.

First of all, you must be saying that God can't use men to accomplish what He wants them to accomplish. Puny man bests the Omnipotent
Secondly, you act as if Sola Scriptura and Private Interpretation are the key, But however you take it, we (me and you)only accept this as Scripture BECAUSE the faith of the Church community said it was

You are that silly immature type that St Augustine often refers to

Is the Book of Mormon also scripture? What about the Koran?

I would take on Goddy Boy any time if he existed .
He has yet to win a fight and is full of bluster and Bull Shit .

Lucifer , Prince of Light, had the right idea .Told the silly old man to grow up and try and do things properly .And ever since has had a lovely time .

That so happens to be exactly what the Catholic church has done. They've granted their faithful the permission to believe that Genesis is not a literally correct story and that it has a deeper meaning than it being the truth from the god.

There's no more faithful catholic than our Ding! He has unequivocally rejected many of the bible stories!

You read Genesis literally?

that Genesis is not a literally correct story and that it has a deeper meaning than it being the truth from the god.

or, is further proof the liar moses or the conclave that wrote genesis did so with false heavenly personifications they knwingly never had -

and those adherents of christianity and judaism would rather persecute and victimize the innocent under false pretense for their own selfish agendas than correct the deliberate errors of the past.

A pointless question because it leaves open 5 things

1) Religions are not all wrong or all correct for the most part
2) The Faith comes before the expression in writing so the Church is superior to the revelation, you don't go to the bookstore,get a Bible, interpret willy-nilly and that makes you a Jew or Christian !!
3) The same thing can come from human speculation as from God by revelation but the difference is obviously enormous.
4) If you read conversion stories, many come up by partial truths to full truth. I recommend the stories of Messianic Jews to convince you of this.
5) God can use (your) error to teach you truth. As Augustine says: The desire to pray is itself a prayer.

Now let's turn it around

Newman says it is against any charitable belief in God to try to weed out as you do

"I do not undervalue at all the advantage of institutions which, though not Catholic, keep out evils worse than themselves. Some restraint is better than none: systems which do not simply inculcate divine truth, yet serve to keep men from being utterly hardened against it, when at length it addresses them; they preserve a certain number of revealed doctrines in the popular mind; they familiarize it to Christian ideas; they create religious associations; and thus, remotely and negatively, they may even be said to prepare and dispose the soul in a certain sense for those inspirations of grace, which, through the merits of Christ, are freely given to all men for their salvation, all over the earth. It is a plain duty, then, not to be forward in destroying religious institutions, even though not Catholic, if we cannot replace them with what is better; but , from fear of injuring them, to shrink from saving the souls of the individuals who live under them, would be worldly wisdom, treachery to Christ, and uncharitableness to His redeemed. "

AND

Newman shows that there is true conversion and false converson , again obvious to anyone who's undergone conversion

"True religion is the summit and perfection of false religions; it combines in one whatever there is of good and true separately remaining in each . . . . So that, in matter of fact, if a religious mind were educated in and sincerely attached to some form of heathenism or heresy, and then were brought under the light of truth, it would be drawn off from error into the truth, not by losing what it had, but by gaining what it had not, not by being unclothed, but by being “clothed upon.” True conversion is ever of a positive, not a negative character "

Both contradict the gospel Paul delivered.

As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed

This is in Logic is the classic false question. IF Jesus is the Son of God why would there even be a legitimate question about Momon or Muslim writings ??????

"I HAVE THE WORDS OF ETERNAL LIFE"
So that makes everything else NA

kkk
1) Religions are not all wrong or all correct for the most part
Does that make them all equal?

2) The Faith comes before the expression in writing so the Church is superior to the revelation, you don't go to the bookstore,get a Bible, interpret willy-nilly and that makes you a Jew or Christian !!
Isn't that what Protestants believe, by scripture alone?

This is in Logic is the classic false question. IF Jesus is the Son of God why would there even be a legitimate question about Momon or Muslim writings ??????

"I HAVE THE WORDS OF ETERNAL LIFE"
So that makes everything else NA
Mormons believe Jesus is the son of God, so what is the problem with some new additions to scripture. Recall your Augustine quote.

kkk

Does that make them all equal?

Isn't that what Protestants believe, by scripture alone?
Yes, and it is a worldwide failure for that reason.
HIllary Clinton calls herself a good Methodist but doesn't say homosesxual acts are perverted or abortion is taking a life.
John Wesley would vomit on her

Yes, and it is a worldwide failure for that reason.
So Protestants are not true Christians?

HIllary Clinton calls herself a good Methodist but doesn't say homosesxual acts are perverted or abortion is taking a life.
John Wesley would vomit on her
Wouldn't it be a case of hating the sin but loving the gay sinner? As for abortion, we take human life all the time. Did the US sin when we dropped the bombs on Japan? Lot's of children and babies died because of us.

So Protestants are not true Christians?

Wouldn't it be a case of hating the sin but loving the gay sinner? As for abortion, we take human life all the time. Did the US sin when we dropped the bombs on Japan? Lot's of children and babies died because of us.
I NEVER said that. as I've told YOU before I have the OPPOSITE view which I will post for maybe the 5th time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I completely agree with Newman

"I do not undervalue at all the advantage of institutions which, though not Catholic, keep out evils worse than themselves. Some restraint is better than none: systems which do not simply inculcate divine truth, yet serve to keep men from being utterly hardened against it, when at length it addresses them; they preserve a certain number of revealed doctrines in the popular mind; they familiarize it to Christian ideas; they create religious associations; and thus, remotely and negatively, they may even be said to prepare and dispose the soul in a certain sense for those inspirations of grace, which, through the merits of Christ, are freely given to all men for their salvation, all over the earth. It is a plain duty, then, not to be forward in destroying religious institutions, even though not Catholic, if we cannot replace them with what is better; but , from fear of injuring them, to shrink from saving the souls of the individuals who live under them, would be worldly wisdom, treachery to Christ, and uncharitableness to His redeemed."

I NEVER said that. as I've told YOU before I have the OPPOSITE view which I will post for maybe the 5th time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I completely agree with Newman

"I do not undervalue at all the advantage of institutions which, though not Catholic, keep out evils worse than themselves. Some restraint is better than none: systems which do not simply inculcate divine truth, yet serve to keep men from being utterly hardened against it, when at length it addresses them; they preserve a certain number of revealed doctrines in the popular mind; they familiarize it to Christian ideas; they create religious associations; and thus, remotely and negatively, they may even be said to prepare and dispose the soul in a certain sense for those inspirations of grace, which, through the merits of Christ, are freely given to all men for their salvation, all over the earth. It is a plain duty, then, not to be forward in destroying religious institutions, even though not Catholic, if we cannot replace them with what is better; but , from fear of injuring them, to shrink from saving the souls of the individuals who live under them, would be worldly wisdom, treachery to Christ, and uncharitableness to His redeemed."
Sorry but you confused me when you wrote "it is a worldwide failure for that reason". I took that to be a reference to Protestant's sola scriptura.

Forum List

Back