Zone1 "My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me"

While on the cross dying Jesus said

"My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me"​

Probably the most misunderstood and twisted quote in all of the Bible.

The numbering system of chapters and verses was not created until 1560 AD. Prior to that you quoted the first part to let people know what you’re going to read.

Today we say Psalm 22.

Then you said

The first verse of Psalm 22.

Jesus wanted everyone to read Psalm 22 so they understood what was happening.

1 My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, from the words of my groaning? 2 O my God, I cry by day, but you do not answer, and by night, but I find no rest.

3 Yet you are holy, enthroned on the praises of Israel. 4 In you our fathers trusted; they trusted, and you delivered them. 5 To you they cried and were rescued; in you they trusted and were not put to shame.

6 But I am a worm and not a man, scorned by mankind and despised by the people. 7 All who see me mock me; they make mouths at me; they wag their heads;8 "He trusts in the LORD; let him deliver him; let him rescue him, for he delights in him!"

9 Yet you are he who took me from the womb; you made me trust you at my mother's breasts. 10 On you was I cast from my birth, and from my mother's womb you have been my God. 11 Be not far from me, for trouble is near, and there is none to help.

12 Many bulls encompass me; strong bulls of Bashan surround me; 13 they open wide their mouths at me, like a ravening and roaring lion.

14 I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint; my heart is like wax; it is melted within my breast; 15 my strength is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue sticks to my jaws; you lay me in the dust of death.

16 For dogs encompass me; a company of evildoers encircles me; they have pierced my hands and feet— 17 I can count all my bones— they stare and gloat over me; 18 they divide my garments among them, and for my clothing they cast lots.

19 But you, O LORD, do not be far off! O you my help, come quickly to my aid!20 Deliver my soul from the sword, my precious life from the power of the dog!21 Save me from the mouth of the lion! You have rescued me from the horns of the wild oxen!

22 I will tell of your name to my brothers; in the midst of the congregation I will praise you: 23 You who fear the LORD, praise him! All you offspring of Jacob, glorify him, and stand in awe of him, all you offspring of Israel! 24 For he has not despised or abhorred the affliction of the afflicted, and he has not hidden his face from him, but has heard, when he cried to him.

25 From you comes my praise in the great congregation; my vows I will perform before those who fear him. 26 The afflicted shall eat and be satisfied; those who seek him shall praise the LORD! May your hearts live forever!

27 All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn to the LORD, and all the families of the nations shall worship before you. 28 For kingship belongs to the LORD, and he rules over the nations.

29 All the prosperous of the earth eat and worship; before him shall bow all who go down to the dust, even the one who could not keep himself alive. 30 Posterity shall serve him; it shall be told of the Lord to the coming generation; 31 they shall come and proclaim his righteousness to a people yet unborn, that he has done it.

Isn't that King David,?

Weatherman2020

The Old Testament gives us a clue into the practice of the lament; a way of expressing anger and sorrow toward God (Job 7:11; 13:3; Psalm 44; Jer. 15:15-18 are a few). In Psalm 22:1-2, David laments: “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
Home - One Mission Society › ange...
Anger & Lament: A Response to God in Times of Suffering

Of course these subjects have been covered before but just a little tidbit for those with an open mind and the ability to think for themselves and figure things out…. When christians plagerize and place their idol Jesus in places he does not belong then very interesting things happen… Psalm 22 is attributed to King David and the trails and tribulations he went through but by placing Jesus in there and insinuating this is about him and his suffering then something fascinating and humorous occurs and it also evens the playing field… Case in point at the top of Psalm 22 the Psalm is dedicated to the Hind of the Dawn or Shachar this connection or warning at the top of Psalm 22 is showing that Christians who claim Psalm 22 is about Jesus make a deadly mistake because the Psalm at the very top is dedicated to Shahar or the hind of the Dawn making Jesus connected to Lucifer or the fallen morning star… Kind of puts a kybosh in the things claimed for him and for those in the know and not easily deceived we can see that the Jesus as depicted in the scriptures of the New Testament falls far short of what is claimed for him and that any who follow him are fallowing the fallen hind of the dawn morning star Lucifer himself as he drags them down to the pit with him…

Of course these subjects have been covered before but just a little tidbit for those with an open mind and the ability to think for themselves and figure things out…. When christians plagerize and place their idol Jesus in places he does not belong then very interesting things happen… Psalm 22 is attributed to King David and the trails and tribulations he went through but by placing Jesus in there and insinuating this is about him and his suffering then something fascinating and humorous occurs and it also evens the playing field… Case in point at the top of Psalm 22 the Psalm is dedicated to the Hind of the Dawn or Shachar this connection or warning at the top of Psalm 22 is showing that Christians who claim Psalm 22 is about Jesus make a deadly mistake because the Psalm at the very top is dedicated to Shahar or the hind of the Dawn making Jesus connected to Lucifer or the fallen morning star… Kind of puts a kybosh in the things claimed for him and for those in the know and not easily deceived we can see that the Jesus as depicted in the scriptures of the New Testament falls far short of what is claimed for him and that any who follow him are fallowing the fallen hind of the dawn morning star Lucifer himself as he drags them down to the pit with him…

Maybe they just read disconnected verses instead of reading scripture in context.

Maybe they just read disconnected verses instead of reading scripture in conte

Maybe they just read disconnected verses instead of reading scripture in context.
They left evidence of what they intended to do in plagiarism of the OT.
there is the admission of plagiarizing from the OT stories to create his image:

Luke 24:44-45 "Then he said to them, 'everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the law of Moses, the prophets and the psalms.' (-Meaning, fit me in every verse to make me out to be the one)
Thus They rewrote Matthew 1.1 through 4:11 to create his Genesis (Luke 1:5 - 4:13). He leaned on Mark 1:21 through 3:19 to create his Exodus (Luke 4:14 - 6:19).
He quarried Matthew in rather unique ways to develop his readings for Leviticus (Luke 6:20 - 8:25).
He transcribed Mark 4 through 9 with some rather gaping omissions to provide appropriate readings to correspond with the material found in Numbers (Luke 8:26 - 9:50).
Finally, in his most imaginative piece of writing, Luke created the expanded journey section of his gospel (Luke 9:51 - 18:14) to correspond to the readings from Deuteronomy.
In order to show Jesus as the fulfillment of the Torah, Luke wrote his infancy story against the background of the Book of Genesis.
The blood atonement borrowed from
Deut 21.
Jeremiah 13:13-14 was used in emulating out of it’s context of time and message to create a disturbing threat in
Matthew 10: 34-40 and Thomas Verse 16.I could go on and on but like placing Jesus in Psalm 22 and other places it shows deception manipulation and pious fraud of the highest order…So no it is not as simple as reading disconnected verses it was deception plain and simple…

They left evidence of what they intended to do in plagiarism of the OT.
there is the admission of plagiarizing from the OT stories to create his image:

Luke 24:44-45 "Then he said to them, 'everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the law of Moses, the prophets and the psalms.' (-Meaning, fit me in every verse to make me out to be the one)
Thus They rewrote Matthew 1.1 through 4:11 to create his Genesis (Luke 1:5 - 4:13). He leaned on Mark 1:21 through 3:19 to create his Exodus (Luke 4:14 - 6:19).
He quarried Matthew in rather unique ways to develop his readings for Leviticus (Luke 6:20 - 8:25).
He transcribed Mark 4 through 9 with some rather gaping omissions to provide appropriate readings to correspond with the material found in Numbers (Luke 8:26 - 9:50).
Finally, in his most imaginative piece of writing, Luke created the expanded journey section of his gospel (Luke 9:51 - 18:14) to correspond to the readings from Deuteronomy.
In order to show Jesus as the fulfillment of the Torah, Luke wrote his infancy story against the background of the Book of Genesis.
The blood atonement borrowed from
Deut 21.
Jeremiah 13:13-14 was used in emulating out of it’s context of time and message to create a disturbing threat in
Matthew 10: 34-40 and Thomas Verse 16.I could go on and on but like placing Jesus in Psalm 22 and other places it shows deception manipulation and pious fraud of the highest order…So no it is not as simple as reading disconnected verses it was deception plain and simple…

How do you know this? Luke never met Jesus. He was a Greek from Antioch.

How do you know this? Luke never met Jesus. He was a Greek from Antioch.
Luke was a Greek from Antioch hmm that is interesting…People need to realize that the current names adorning the gospels Mathew and Luke were named at a much later date as they were annonomous so I am curious where you got your information from…..hmmmmm……What should be kept in mind is that there is some question as to when they were really written as many important church elders at the beginnings of Christianity never quoted them and most of their material was taken from the gospel of Mark in some cases plagerized word by word....There is that plagerize issue again.. Pious fraud seems to be rampant esp in placing Jesus where he does not belong and butchering the scriptures in some cases to make it so…

He was speaking for us when He said that. He became sin for us, and God turns His back on sin.
We call God, God. Christ called Him Abba.
Ez 18:20The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
21But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die. 22All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live. ……."…………………………………………………………………………….There is no such thing as vicarious attonement the son does not take the sins of the father and the father does not take the sins of the son all stand on their own merits and any sins they have can be removed by various methods….Quite frankly to teach otherwise is to invite laziness and complacency and to feel you never need to improve or better yourself because you will always get a passing grade… Basically if your teacher handed out a test for you to take in high school for example you can just laugh at him or her and say sorry I pass the test no matter what because I get a free pass so I can continue to sleep, slackoff or do whatever I want in class and you are obliged to pass me…. Not only is it a silly setup but there is no incentive to better oneself or do what one can to get on with life if you get a free get out of jail card…

The numbering system of chapters and verses was not created until 1560 AD. Prior to that you quoted the first part to let people know what you’re going to read.

Today we say Psalm 22.

Then you said

1 My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, from the words of my groaning? 2 O my God, I cry by day, but you do not answer, and by night, but I find no rest.

3 Yet you are holy, enthroned on the praises of Israel. 4 In you our fathers trusted; they trusted, and you delivered them. 5 To you they cried and were rescued; in you they trusted and were not put to shame.

6 But I am a worm and not a man, scorned by mankind and despised by the people. 7 All who see me mock me; they make mouths at me; they wag their heads;8 "He trusts in the LORD; let him deliver him; let him rescue him, for he delights in him!"

9 Yet you are he who took me from the womb; you made me trust you at my mother's breasts. 10 On you was I cast from my birth, and from my mother's womb you have been my God. 11 Be not far from me, for trouble is near, and there is none to help.

12 Many bulls encompass me; strong bulls of Bashan surround me; 13 they open wide their mouths at me, like a ravening and roaring lion.

14 I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint; my heart is like wax; it is melted within my breast; 15 my strength is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue sticks to my jaws; you lay me in the dust of death.

16 For dogs encompass me; a company of evildoers encircles me; they have pierced my hands and feet— 17 I can count all my bones— they stare and gloat over me; 18 they divide my garments among them, and for my clothing they cast lots.

19 But you, O LORD, do not be far off! O you my help, come quickly to my aid!20 Deliver my soul from the sword, my precious life from the power of the dog!21 Save me from the mouth of the lion! You have rescued me from the horns of the wild oxen!

22 I will tell of your name to my brothers; in the midst of the congregation I will praise you: 23 You who fear the LORD, praise him! All you offspring of Jacob, glorify him, and stand in awe of him, all you offspring of Israel! 24 For he has not despised or abhorred the affliction of the afflicted, and he has not hidden his face from him, but has heard, when he cried to him.

25 From you comes my praise in the great congregation; my vows I will perform before those who fear him. 26 The afflicted shall eat and be satisfied; those who seek him shall praise the LORD! May your hearts live forever!

27 All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn to the LORD, and all the families of the nations shall worship before you. 28 For kingship belongs to the LORD, and he rules over the nations.

29 All the prosperous of the earth eat and worship; before him shall bow all who go down to the dust, even the one who could not keep himself alive. 30 Posterity shall serve him; it shall be told of the Lord to the coming generation; 31 they shall come and proclaim his righteousness to a people yet unborn, that he has done it.
For some reason lying on God makes certain people feel good.

Did Jesus tell you God abandoned him? No he did not
Did God tell you he abandoned Jesus? No he did not

It's from King David...

Today we say Psalm 22.

Then you said

The event never happened. Romans didn't execute Jews over internal Jewish religious squabbles.

The Romans didn't care, but the Sanhedrin did. According to scriptures they demanded his death.

Concerning Psalm 22

Having been rescued from death at the hands of his enemies, David plans to testify to God's goodness and praise Him in the assembly of Israel. This verse is quoted in Hebrews 2:12 and applied to Jesus.

Quite a prophetic Psalm!

The original psalm (v. 2-22/23) is thought to date from the pre-exilic period, that is, before the Babylonian destruction of Jerusalem in 587 BC. The second part, because of the significant rescue of Israel, was probably added only in the post-exilic period. The most recent portion of the composition (v. 28–32), on account of its universalist perspective, is considered to date from the Hellenistic period, likely the late 4th century BC.

Like David in his twenty-second Psalm, Jesus was a man without the Father. He called out not to his Father, but to God. He was a curse, though not physically, unless we say that God erred in His creation of nature. He was not accursed before his crucifixion; he was not a curse in body. On that cross, when he bore the sins of Israel, he was a spiritual curse. But then, as with David, the estrangement from God ended. “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit!” he proclaimed as he drew his last breath (Lk 23:46).

The Romans didn't care, but the Sanhedrin did. According to scriptures they demanded his death.

Concerning Psalm 22

Having been rescued from death at the hands of his enemies, David plans to testify to God's goodness and praise Him in the assembly of Israel. This verse is quoted in Hebrews 2:12 and applied to Jesus.
Pontius Pilate didn't care about their demands. And there's no way a bunch of rabbis were skulking about trying to get Jesus arrested when they were supposed to be preparing for Passover.

Pontius Pilate didn't care about their demands. And there's no way a bunch of rabbis were skulking about trying to get Jesus arrested when they were supposed to be preparing for Passover.

Rabbis don't prepare seder . Their wives do the work.

Surely you know that Passover preparations aren't limited to cooking food.

I really don't know. Most of my Jewish friends are widows.

The scriptures indicate that the Sanhedrin was opposed to Jesus at least since Lazarus was raised from the dead. He was perfectly safe when he was in the north in Herod Antipas's territory.

Isn't that King David,?

Psalm 22: My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?

-----
To the choirmaster: according to The Doe of the Dawn. A Psalm of David. My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, from the words of my groaning? O my God, I cry by day, but you do not answer, and by night, but I find no rest. Yet you are holy, enthroned on the praises of Israel. In you our fathers trusted; they trusted, and you delivered them. To you they cried and were rescued; in you they trusted and were not put to shame. But I am a worm and not a man, scorned by mankind and despised by the people. All who see me mock me; they make mouths at me; they wag their heads; “He trusts in the Lord; let him deliver him; let him rescue him, for he delights in him!” Yet you are he who took me from the womb; you made me trust you at my mother’s breasts. On you was I cast from my birth, and from my mother’s womb you have been my God. Be not far from me, for trouble is near, and there is none to help. Many bulls encompass me; strong bulls of Bashan surround me; they open wide their mouths at me, like a ravening and roaring lion. I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint; my heart is like wax; it is melted within my breast; my strength is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue sticks to my jaws; you lay me in the dust of death. For dogs encompass me; a company of evildoers encircles me; they have pierced my hands and feet — I can count all my bones — they stare and gloat over me; they divide my garments among them, and for my clothing they cast lots. But you, O Lord, do not be far off! O you my help, come quickly to my aid! Deliver my soul from the sword, my precious life from the power of the dog! Save me from the mouth of the lion! You have rescued me from the horns of the wild oxen! I will tell of your name to my brothers; in the midst of the congregation I will praise you: You who fear the Lord, praise him! All you offspring of Jacob, glorify him, and stand in awe of him, all you offspring of Israel! For he has not despised or abhorred the affliction of the afflicted, and he has not hidden his face from him, but has heard, when he cried to him. From you comes my praise in the great congregation; my vows I will perform before those who fear him. The afflicted shall eat and be satisfied; those who seek him shall praise the Lord! May your hearts live forever! All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn to the Lord, and all the families of the nations shall worship before you. For kingship belongs to the Lord, and he rules over the nations. All the prosperous of the earth eat and worship; before him shall bow all who go down to the dust, even the one who could not keep himself alive. Posterity shall serve him; it shall be told of the Lord to the coming generation; they shall come and proclaim his righteousness to a people yet unborn, that he has done it.

-----

-----

Forum List

Back