Why are you here at USMB?

For some reason they make you pass a test to see if you can add and take away numbers...

For us it was Fundamentals of Electronics ... we had to repair to the component level on some of our machines at the plant-in-place level ... plus we had troubleshooting responsibility for the entire circuit ... most of our work was cleaning copper contacts on the circuit boards and re-tubing ... it was just the antiquity of some of the machines ... museum specimens to be honest ... total culture shock when I got out and had to deal with these modern new fangled 931 cans ...
It was opposite for me when I got out I had to work on tubed analog systems when I was used to digital.

It was opposite for me when I got out I had to work on tubed analog systems when I was used to digital.

I only lasted about a year in electronics after I got out ... robots were coming on-line and it was cheaper to just throw away a defective board rather than try to fix it ... traded my O-scope for a framing hammer ... smartest career choice I ever made ...

I acted as the agent for the woman in my post. We rented that place for 15 years and never had a complaint. We didn't deal with parasites. WTF does renting a property that you own have to do with court filings anyway? In today's climate of eviction moratoriums, I would burn my place down before I would rent it to scum like you.

Like I suspected ... some minimum wage slob just managing ... no, you wouldn't be allowed to deal with the courts ... and are clueless about Schedule SE ...

I would burn my place down before I would rent it to scum like you.

How unprofessional, tells me your complete knowledge set ... I haven't rented in well over 30 years ... and that was a rent with option to buy deal ... the stupidity of your discourse is anyone even remotely associated with the rental market knows that since 2008, rents have been inflationary, roughly twice the general inflation rate ... [ka'ching] ... tenants' money into my pockets ... 1/3 of households in the USA spend 1/3 their income on rent ... that's a hell of a lot of money going into landlords hands ...
So what's your point. Landlords aren't allowed to make a profit? I think that you will find that the guidelines for mortgages generally consider 1/3 of your income as reasonable housing cost. If a renter chooses to rent instead of buying, that is on the renter. I chose to pay my own bills and not rent, some people, by choice or circumstance choose to rent.

So what's your point ...

You've gotten yourself so spun out of control, you forgot what we were talking about? ... yeah, you were wrong from the beginning, you're still wrong, now you'll pretend ignorance just so you can argue all over again ... if you want me to stop mentioning that Bubba didn't finish Middle School ... maybe you should act like you finished Middle School ...

Here's a hint ... go look at your most recent Schedule SE ...

So what's your point ...

You've gotten yourself so spun out of control, you forgot what we were talking about? ... yeah, you were wrong from the beginning, you're still wrong, now you'll pretend ignorance just so you can argue all over again ... if you want me to stop mentioning that Bubba didn't finish Middle School ... maybe you should act like you finished Middle School ...

Here's a hint ... go look at your most recent Schedule SE ...
Moron, who is spun. Please go back and show me where I said anything about Bubba. You are ridiculous. The OP asks why are you here? Please stay on topic. And no, there is no ignorance to claim and you are cancelled troll.

Poor people don't pay taxes, so how exactly did Trump take poor people's money and give it to the rich? You are shoveling the same manure that CNN and the rest of the ChinaCrat Media has been spewing for 4 years.
Poor people pay rent ... to rich people ... duh ...

...and then your insightful observation based on managing a single unit ....

Some landlords are just poor people trying to survive. Your post is self-centered and ignorant.

C'mon Bubba ... what does your latest Schedule SE say? ... I've a feeling you don't know what that is, and that makes you a tax evader ... shame on you ... you must hate America ...

Yeah, I was an antiarmor missile system tech with solid state electronics ten years ahead of private industry so, I had to be dumbed down to get the job.

I was an Air Force Communication System repair tech ... vacuum tubes thirty years after they left the private sector ... only the top people got that job ...

Vacuum tubes still rule in many applications. There are people making serious money making them and repairing old ones out there.

Yeah, I was an antiarmor missile system tech with solid state electronics ten years ahead of private industry so, I had to be dumbed down to get the job.

I was an Air Force Communication System repair tech ... vacuum tubes thirty years after they left the private sector ... only the top people got that job ...
For some reason they make you pass a test to see if you can add and take away numbers...

That has all been declared 'racist' now, so don't tell anybody or the DNC will put you on a list for the 're-education camps'.

Vacuum tubes still rule in many applications. There are people making serious money making them and repairing old ones out there.

My son plays guitar and these old vacuum tube amplifiers are a thing ... sounds a bit different, organic as it were ...

That has all been declared 'racist' now, so don't tell anybody or the DNC will put you on a list for the 're-education camps'.

ASVAB testing is still a requirement to join the military ...

Moron, who is spun. Please go back and show me where I said anything about Bubba. You are ridiculous. The OP asks why are you here? Please stay on topic. And no, there is no ignorance to claim and you are cancelled troll.

There is a conceit that runs through much of the left that their adopting the approved talking points somehow makes them smart. That's where the "Bubba" stuff comes in, in that he is reduced to this childishness where any disagreement he receives is an indication that you are some sort of slack-jawed yokel.

I certainly understand the appeal in all of this. Can you just imagine how somebody who never received any affirmation of their intelligence while in school feels in terms of self esteem? Now, all they have to do is mimic leftist talking points and voila! They are an intellectual while everybody else is a Bubba!!

There is a conceit that runs through much of the left that their adopting the approved talking points somehow makes them smart. That's where the "Bubba" stuff comes in, in that he is reduced to this childishness where any disagreement he receives is an indication that you are some sort of slack-jawed yokel.

I certainly understand the appeal in all of this. Can you just imagine how somebody who never received any affirmation of their intelligence while in school feels in terms of self esteem? Now, all they have to do is mimic leftist talking points and voila! They are an intellectual while everybody else is a Bubba!!

Right ... anyone who thinks The Donald won this most recent election is a slack-jawed yokel ... fat lazy Southern white boy swilling beer and watching TV all evening long ... Dallas Cowboy fans ... cowards calling for someone else to start a Civil War ... the kind of dumb fucks who don't have to file a Schedule SE ...

Right ... anyone who thinks The Donald won this most recent election is a slack-jawed yokel ... fat lazy Southern white boy swilling beer and watching TV all evening long ... Dallas Cowboy fans ... cowards calling for someone else to start a Civil War ... the kind of dumb fucks who don't have to file a Schedule SE ...
I see you have placed some extraordinarily severe restrictions upon your ability to express an intelligent thought.

I had a college professor, one of the unpopular ones who graded hard as he had tenure and didn't care what the admins had to say, and a Red to boot, refer to those types as 'half-wits with high self-esteem' and blamed the grade schools for allowing them to pass no matter what. He was tired of all the illiterates and crybabies warming seats just so the admins could use them as loansharking victims for the college loans scams and as excuses for bigger building budgets. They like lots of big buildings n stuf for some reason. He said that experience is why he understands the reasons Stalin felt okay about killing so many people ...

I think a lot of thee useful idiot types are going to find out what the BLM scammers are really going to do with them in the coming purges, and 'Reparations' aren't on the real list of Things We Need To Do.

Last edited:
I post infrequently on two sites. I like to drop by here because of the variety of members and their comments. From brilliant ( Political Chic ) to witty and fun! I've always liked USMB but have never posted often. I like the music threads here also. I don't like to waste time arguing political opinions so there isn't much to keep me more active. :dunno:

I registered in 2016 because of the American election and to be able to speak with Americans because in France I think that the French do not really know what is happening exactly they are the victims of CNN:laugh:
It’s easy for you to come and participate me it’s not that easy for me because I sometimes feel embarrassed to answer because I have to make sure not to make too much mistake and really grasp the American mentality that I’m not but there’s something that makes me remains is that here i have a lot of member that are nice with me but i still wish that i could just respond to a post just like you do.
But that is the difference i don't feel comfortable somewhere else.

Do you feel like me , i mean does this place make you feel like it is the best place to go on internet ?
I come here for the brain stimulating conversations.
[/QUOTE]

lol.

I registered in 2016 because of the American election and to be able to speak with Americans because in France I think that the French do not really know what is happening exactly they are the victims of CNN:laugh:
It’s easy for you to come and participate me it’s not that easy for me because I sometimes feel embarrassed to answer because I have to make sure not to make too much mistake and really grasp the American mentality that I’m not but there’s something that makes me remains is that here i have a lot of member that are nice with me but i still wish that i could just respond to a post just like you do.
But that is the difference i don't feel comfortable somewhere else.

Do you feel like me , i mean does this place make you feel like it is the best place to go on internet ?
I think you do just fine and you are well liked. It's posters like you that make me stay, myself.

Forum List

Back