Why an atheist

I would say my statement applies to all things.
Neat. But mine did not and clearly does not apply to all things. I made to give a very specific example, knowing what you would attempt. Silly me. You did it anyway.
Reality is. There aren't multiple root solutions. It is what it is and that would apply to all things.
Cool. I can get a 5th grade algebra class to all get the same answer. I can get the entire global scientific community to agree on the fact of evolution.

I cant get two religionists to agree on anything. But hey, that's all just an unfortunate coincidence, i guess. All the same.

Or maybe you're just trying to degrade knowledge in an effort to equate it to your faith based beliefs. Again.

When I tell people that I believe in God, they sometimes give me many reasons why they feel it's silly to believe in a God.

Usually, my reply then is "the God you don't believe in, I don't believe in either".

When I tell people that I believe in God, they sometimes give me many reasons why they feel it's silly to believe in a God.

Usually, my reply then is "the God you don't believe in, I don't believe in either".
Well let's sidestep that little parlor trick.

Describe in detail the god you believe in. Then i will tell you why it's silly.

I don't really have any desire to do this. I just wanted to point out that it's not a very neat trick.

I don't really have any desire to do this. I just wanted to point out that it's not a very neat trick.

Ok. I believe God is a principle, it's what creation isn't. Creation has an end, God is endless und unlimited. Creation is flawed, God is flawless. Creation is divided into myriads of tiny parts, God is one and undivided.

Since all God is doesn't exist in creation, it's impossible for us to understand God. The comprehended can never comprehend the comprehending.

Mere matter is in a chaos, but by forming structure, it strives towards God. Arguably, man is the most structured entity in creation, which is why it's closest to God, without ever reaching God.

No supernatural stuff required, since we cannot comprehend God, God might well be just an abstract principle to look at the world. God certainly is no person, as personality is a very flawed phenomenon limited to our very flawed perception that's limited by the limits of creation, but it if helps you striving towards God, you might well imagine God as a person. But don't forget that's not the truth, but an auxiliary idea at best.

Much easier to just forget gods and admit that absolute truth is what humans can't achieve, "absolute" simply being fantastic by definition.

Ok. I believe God is a principle, it's what creation isn't. Creation has an end, God is endless und unlimited. Creation is flawed, God is flawless. Creation is divided into myriads of tiny parts, God is one and undivided.

Since all God is doesn't exist in creation, it's impossible for us to understand God. The comprehended can never comprehend the comprehending.

Mere matter is in a chaos, but by forming structure, it strives towards God. Arguably, man is the most structured entity in creation, which is why it's closest to God, without ever reaching God.

No supernatural stuff required, since we cannot comprehend God, God might well be just an abstract principle to look at the world. God certainly is no person, as personality is a very flawed phenomenon limited to our very flawed perception that's limited by the limits of creation, but it if helps you striving towards God, you might well imagine God as a person. But don't forget that's not the truth, but an auxiliary idea at best.
That's all wrong. Every word. 100% backwards wrong.

Being facetious to make a point, of course.

Neat. But mine did not and clearly does not apply to all things. I made to give a very specific example, knowing what you would attempt. Silly me. You did it anyway.
Reality is. There aren't multiple root solutions. It is what it is and that would apply to all things.
Cool. I can get a 5th grade algebra class to all get the same answer. I can get the entire global scientific community to agree on the fact of evolution.

I cant get two religionists to agree on anything. But hey, that's all just an unfortunate coincidence, i guess. All the same.

Or maybe you're just trying to degrade knowledge in an effort to equate it to your faith based beliefs. Again.
Reality isn't decided by popular vote. It is what it is and like truth it is discovered.

How am I degrading knowledge exactly?

Comparing answers to algebra problems to answers to the origin questions is an equivocation.

Much easier to just forget gods and admit that absolute truth is what humans can't achieve, "absolute" simply being fantastic by definition.
absolute: not qualified or diminished in any way; total. viewed or existing independently and not in relation to other things; not relative or comparative.

Odd that religioners insist they cannot comprehend their gods but then write out paragraphs that define various attributes they assign to their gods.

"God certainly is no person,"
"you might well imagine God as a person. But don't forget that's not the truth"

Nope, no one trying to define "God" under here..

swers to algebra problems to answers to the origin questions is an equivocation.
Okay, but clearly there more than that floating around the murk of religious dogma. Go look at any religious thread and see the myriad of topics on which nobody can agree. You sometimes narrow your mind to about the diameter of a human hair.

absolute: not qualified or diminished in any way; total. viewed or existing independently and not in relation to other things; not relative or comparative.
fantastic: imaginative or fanciful; remote from reality. "fantastic hybrid creatures"
Similar: fanciful; extravagant; extraordinary; irrational; wild; mad; absurd
ding imagined himself to be absolute, existing independently, remote from reality

swers to algebra problems to answers to the origin questions is an equivocation.
Okay, but clearly there more than that floating around the murk of religious dogma. Go look at any religious thread and see the myriad of topics on which nobody can agree. You sometimes narrow your mind to about the diameter of a human hair.
Various religious dogmas such as?

Last edited:
fantastic: imaginative or fanciful; remote from reality. "fantastic hybrid creatures"
ding imagined himself to be absolute, existing independently, remote from reality
ding imagines himself being which in and of itself is reality.

zzzzzzzzzzz

I think you can puzzle out between your appointments turning wafers into human flesh and dunking babies in water.

zzzzzzzzzzz

I think you can puzzle out between your appointments turning wafers into human flesh and dunking babies in water.
It's your claim. It's not mine to puzzle out. You can either back up your claim or you can't.

not when giving up one's spirit to a messiah, religion - they have abandoned all hope for their own destiny, reality and livelihood.

not when giving up one's spirit to a messiah, religion - they have abandoned all hope for their own destiny, reality and livelihood.
You misspelled Lord.

Forum List

Back