CDZ When does human life begin?

If life begins at conception, does that make all those frozen zygotes contained in freezers,at in vitro fertilization clinics human beings? When those clinics purge their freezer space, are they committing mass murder?

If life begins at conception, should a pregnant woman claim her embryo as a dependent on her taxes before she gives birth? Can a woman pregnant with twins legally drive in the HOV lane?
Those are some great questions. Unfortunately, the only one we are discussing in this thread is when human life begins, ok? If you want to discuss the other ones, start a thread, I'll comment there, fair enough?

The answer to your question is yes. They would be human beings. Science has made that determination and I would assume you don't have any scientific evidence to the contrary, right? I think an important aspect of what you raise is would they qualify as being alive after they have been frozen. What do you think about that?

Do you believe they meet the 7 characteristics of living things. I would argue that once they are frozen they could not be considered to meet #3-7. What do you think?

The 7 Characteristics of Life
I think that, to the eye, a human zygote is indistinguishable from any other mammalian zygote. What characteristics distinguish zygotes other than DNA?

Science tells us that a human life begins at conception when a new human being - who has never existed before and will never exist again - comes into existence. How do we know? DNA
Define human.

Define life.

Define begin.

Define existence.

Define knowing.

Philosophically speaking your speech is full of ass-u-me-tions.

Science tells us that a human life begins at conception when a new human being - who has never existed before and will never exist again - comes into existence. How do we know? DNA

It's my view that life only begins once we wean ourselves from the tit of Big Brother. Only then is it murder to snuff them out.

Until then the parasite is dependent upon their host and cannot live outside the womb on their own.

If life begins at conception, does that make all those frozen zygotes contained in freezers,at in vitro fertilization clinics human beings? When those clinics purge their freezer space, are they committing mass murder?

If life begins at conception, should a pregnant woman claim her embryo as a dependent on her taxes before she gives birth? Can a woman pregnant with twins legally drive in the HOV lane?
Those are some great questions. Unfortunately, the only one we are discussing in this thread is when human life begins, ok? If you want to discuss the other ones, start a thread, I'll comment there, fair enough?

The answer to your question is yes. They would be human beings. Science has made that determination and I would assume you don't have any scientific evidence to the contrary, right? I think an important aspect of what you raise is would they qualify as being alive after they have been frozen. What do you think about that?

Do you believe they meet the 7 characteristics of living things. I would argue that once they are frozen they could not be considered to meet #3-7. What do you think?

The 7 Characteristics of Life
I think that, to the eye, a human zygote is indistinguishable from any other mammalian zygote. What characteristics distinguish zygotes other than DNA?
Sure, I agree. DNA is the only way. Why does that make a difference though? Every human being who has ever existed or will ever exist began his or her life in this manner.

It's my view that life only begins once we wean ourselves from the tit of Big Brother. Only then is it murder to snuff them out.

Until then the parasite is dependent upon their host and cannot live outside the womb on their own.
Dupes are human beings too, brother. Misguided maybe, but human beings nonetheless.

that's nice....

microbes are life too... it doesn't mean your gubmint should interfere.

and if we don't know... then it should be where it is... with people making their own determinations, with their loved ones, their doctors and their G-d.

Dupes are human beings too, brother. Misguided maybe, but human beings nonetheless.

Nope, not until they are viable outside the womb they are not.

that's nice....

and if we don't know... then it should be where it is... with people making their own determinations, with their loved ones, their doctors and their G-d.

I'm trying to tell him my own determination as to what is human but he just won't listen.

that's nice....

Sure they are. In fact, when NASA goes looking for life, if they found that they would claim they found life. This discussion isn't about abortion though. This discussion is only asking the question when does human life begin. Fair enough?

So before that they are not alive? Before that they are not human? What are they then?

So before that they are not alive? Before that they are not human? What are they then?

They will be whatever I determine them to be and I will treat them accordingly.

You see, it's all about MY view on when life begins, not your view or the states view just like jillian said.

that's nice....

I'm trying to tell him my own determination as to what is human but he just won't listen.
I'm sorry you "feel" that way, brother. I'm trying my best to understand what you are saying.

They will be whatever I determine them to be and I will treat them accordingly.

You see, it's all about MY view on when life begins, not your view or the states view.
This isn't about abortion, brother. This is about when human life begins. So what have you determined them to be if you have determined them to not be alive and not be human?

that's nice....

I'm sorry you "feel" that way, brother. I'm trying my best to understand what you are saying.

I'm simply trying to make a point with my absurd position.

Just goof'in on Dims brother.

that's nice....

I'm simply trying to make a point with my absurd position.

Just goof'in on Dims brother.
Ok, gotcha. Thanks.

Forum List

Back