What is the biblical timeline for the next era?

Yeah, I'm a Mormon. You are truly a Biblical illiterate.

Nothing in that passage says He didn't ascend in His physical body, in fact it says He was "standing" there before them (in his physical form) and was "lifted" up. Wow how very sad.
I should have realized you're a Mormon. Jesus was elevated spiritually.

Nothing in that passage says He didn't ascend in His physical body, in fact it says He was "standing" there before them (in his physical form) and was "lifted" up. Wow how very sad.
You continue to turn the narrative into a comic book. Keep making Jesus into some cartoon character that floated up into space.

Keep countering my biblical references with your conjecture. While you offer up some nonsense with little or no biblical support and caricature the Lord, I'll believe the Scriptures.

The risen Christ met Saul, later Paul, who did not recognize him as a man but only as light. Sometime after this encounter, Jesus’ body had fully become the church, as Paul averred repeatedly. He became the head of the church while also wed with his flock to comprise the church’s body. Jesus’ body gradually transformed from that of a man to that of the church. For forty days between his resurrection and ascension, Jesus encountered disciples, apostles, and others on several occasions who knew and loved him. The Gospel of John records three such occasions (Jn 21:14). In one encounter, Mary Magdalene mistook him for a gardener (Jn 20:15). When others encountered him on the shore of the Tiberias Sea after a fruitless catch, they did not recognize him. Only after casting their net per his instruction and hauling in a large catch did his identity dawn on them (Jn 21:1-7). Thomas did not believe he was talking to Jesus until after he touched his wounds (Jn 20:24-28).

Luke records another encounter with the resurrected and transforming Christ. On the road to Emmaus, two apostles met him, walked with him to the village, and invited him inside to eat. After spending considerable time with him, they knew him only as a stranger. “Their eyes were kept from recognizing him.” Finally, when he broke bread with them, his identity dawned on them (Lk 24:13-31).

No one who knew Jesus, even intimately, recognized this stranger among them for his visage, despite getting to know him for a day or knowing first-hand of the wounds he incurred on the Cross. In appearance, he was not the Jesus they previously knew. In his Parousia he was transforming. He was coming in the glory of God (Mt 16:27; 25:31).
So Christ's body rose as light, not as his physical body? Then the light transubstantiated into the church?

It is perfectly fine for you to believe all of that. My beliefs are no more logical than that. But you are flat wrong when you say that this is what the Bible says. So it is silly for you to say, "read the Bible!" when you mean, "interpret the Bible in the same non-literal way as I do!"

Luke says that the apostles did not recognize Jesus as himself, true enough. But it does not say that only saw a glowing light. The baby Jesus can be played by a hidden light bulb in a school play, but not the adult Jesus.

So Christ's body rose as light, not as his physical body? Then the light transubstantiated into the church?

It is perfectly fine for you to believe all of that. My beliefs are no more logical than that. But you are flat wrong when you say that this is what the Bible says. So it is silly for you to say, "read the Bible!" when you mean, "interpret the Bible in the same non-literal way as I do!"

Luke says that the apostles did not recognize Jesus as himself, true enough. But it does not say that only saw a glowing light. The baby Jesus can be played by a hidden light bulb in a school play, but not the adult Jesus.

You have to show some restraint and not give in to the the temptation to want instant understanding of scripture. Isaiah talks about Israel all thru the book. Then you claim it's suddenly talking about Jesus in 53.

Okay. Does that allow you to fiddle with scripture?

It is you who is "fiddling" with Scripture. We have established that you deny the Resurrection, without that there is no Gospel or Salvation......but then..those are simply morality tales to you.

It is you who is "fiddling" with Scripture. We have established that you deny the Resurrection, without that there is no Gospel or Salvation......but then..those are simply morality tales to you.
Jesus was resurrected from the tomb. That's why we celebrate Easter Sunday.

He also sat and ate with disciples who thinks like Surada that he’s spirit. He even explains he’s not a spirit as he say his resurrected body is flesh and bones.

He also sat and ate with disciples who thinks like Surada that he’s spirit. He even explains he’s not a spirit as he say his resurrected body is flesh and bones.
Does it say Jesus was bodily carried to heaven after the resurrection in the tomb?

His encounter with Paul was not the ascension.

Please try to keep up.
Your theory is confused.

Please try to keep up.
So, when and how did this transformation of Jesus physical body into the church take place? Start from the resurrection on Easter. Jesus walks out of the tomb, and then . . .

You have to show some restraint and not give in to the the temptation to want instant understanding of scripture. Isaiah talks about Israel all thru the book. Then you claim it's suddenly talking about Jesus in 53.
I didn't claim anything like that, but feel free to make stuff up.

Please try to keep up.
Paul was "blinded" by the Glory of the Christ, as Jesus was not in a physical body but represented as LIGHT, light so intense that it blinded Saul. The light came from Heaven as did the voice of Christ (Acts 9:3) Saul's name was changed to Paul....a hand picked Apostle of Christ expressly commissioned to be the Apostle to the Gentiles.

Paul was blinded by the encounter from Heaven until a disciple of Christ named "Ananias" had a vision and was instructed to go to Paul do what was necessary to convert Paul to Christianity. (Acts 9:10-19)........Ananias laid hands on Paul and right away Paul's vision was restored (but not completely.....from that time on Paul had difficulty with his vision, it was His burden......He had to write in Large Letters (Gal. 6:11).......at one point while gathering wood he was bitten by a viper (Acts 28:3)............after Paul was healed he was baptized into Christ (Acts 9:18)

The "one body" is the church that Christ constructed as the chief cornerstone (Matt.16) .........we as Christians are "baptized into Christ". The Holy Spirit is not the element that all are required to be immersed in.......water is the element by which one is baptized into Christ the body..i.e., the church. Those who do not receive the word of the Spirit in gladness will not be baptized into Christ (Acts 7:51). The Holy Ghost/Spirit urges everyone to be immersed in water in the name of Jesus for the remission of sin (Acts 2:38,41, 10:47-48).

Example: The Corinthians heard the Spirit's message, believed, and where baptized into one body (Acts 18:8, 1 Cor. 12:13). By one spirit we are all baptized into one body unless one hardens their heart and rejects the words of the Spirit.

For forty days between his resurrection and ascension, Jesus encountered disciples, apostles, and others on several occasions who knew and loved him.

howabout - pilate, the roman army and the jews that had him crucified ... where were they, on vacation.

howabout - pilate, the roman army and the jews that had him crucified ... where were they, on vacation.
The "mission of Jesus Christ" was to offer salvation first to the Jewish nation of Israel (Romans 1:16).......Roman Gentile conversion did not occur until a decade after the ascension of the Christ at the House of Corneilus a Roman Centurion. (Acts 10). The Jews that were not converted where cut off from the vine of heritage, only a faithful remanent of the Jews were offered salvation, the rest fell to the Roman Empire around 70 AD as prophesied (Matthew 23:24)by Jesus (John 1:11-13, 3:3-7, Romans 10:11-15)

Historical Oddity .........it is said that not one Christian died when Rome destroyed Jerusalem, the Jewish Christians were prewarned by Jesus while He was alive as He told them the signs to look for when the total destruction would come to Jerusalem and Israel (Matthew 24) the Christians escaped before the fall........they went to Pella in Greece.

Fact: Biblical Isarel has not existed on earth for 2000 years. The nation calling itself modern Israel is a fake, an imitation.........a knock off. No Tribal ID, No Royal Priesthood, not ruled by a King appointed by God....but governed by man made laws. God did not give the land to the modern Jews........the United Nations did.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back