What is Christian Nationalism and is it a threat?

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

Ever since the tragic events of Jan. 6, 2021, in which a handful of the violent rioters donned explicitly Christian symbols, much ink has been spilled about the rising threat of Christian nationalism, which critics charge is a malignant anti-democratic force hellbent on overthrowing American democracy.

Fears of Christian nationalism have spawned a burgeoning subgenre of books, conferences and journal articles. One widely cited survey, which included sloppily expansive definitions, found that a whopping 51% of Americans were Christian nationalists.

And the new documentary "God & Country," scheduled for release Friday and produced by Hollywood mogul Rob Reiner, warns in ominous tones about the nationalists lurking around every corner.

Still, the term itself has been employed to incorporate seemingly any Christian engagement in the public square. Even Michael Wear, former faith outreach coordinator for President Barack Obama, has shared his concerns about the way "Christian nationalism" is used in an overly expansive way.

Andrew Walker, a Baptist scholar, rightly pleads: “Convince me that your skepticism about Christian nationalism isn’t just a cover for wanting Christians out of politics and out of power. Convince me that Christian nationalism is not just another progressive epithet hurled against conservative Christians.”

To address the lack of definition of what constitutes Christian nationalism, one group has released a survey that both dispels some of the hyperbole and gives a more nuanced picture. The group, Neighborly Faith, began with a 14-point definition of Christian nationalism. What the researchers found is that the number of actual Christian nationalists is much smaller than we’ve been led to believe: Only 5% of Americans self-identify as Christian nationalists, and only 11% of Americans fit the category of “adherents.”

But others come up with a lesser definition of what is a CN, or Christian Nationalist, reducing it to 6 questions.

Here is one such test.

1. The federal government should declare the United States as a Christian nation.
  2. The federal government should advocate Christian values.
  3. The federal government should enforce strict separation of church and state.
  4. The federal government should allow the display of religious symbols in public spaces.
  5. The success of the United States is part of God’s plan.
  6. The federal government should allow prayer in public schools.

I don't understand how #1 and #3 can coexist in this poll. How can one declare the US a Christian nation and believe that there should be a separation of church and state. Even polls don't make sense with all this hysteria.

But let's say CN is the majority. Would it then only be democratic to embrace it as a nation? Would those who favor it only be practicing democracy? If so, then those that oppose it would be opposing democracy. The Left would have us think that as long as democracy is at work, it is right, it is just, it is fair, unless, of course, they don't like the result. LOL.

If CN is not really in the majority, if they are in the minority, how should the majority safely control them so that they never become the majority and their influence is curbed so as not to effect the majority so that our society is more diverse? Of course, this type of thinking is also contradictory. How can you embrace diversity while targeting any particular minority group within society as being the enemy to limit their input into society and/or destroy them?

But I think the biggest fear is, not that CN is in the majority, the biggest fear is that they are in the minority and wish to take over the government because they are in the minority. People really believe that on 1/6 the United States was almost taken over by CN and all they need to do next time is complete the job, whatever you may think that entails. How could the Viking and unarmed woman who was shot dead take over the government for CN and end democracy for all time? How could they succeed in the future?

Anyone?

Since they are in the minority, I would assume they would have to raise an army to fight off the majority, or does anyone here think that the minority could take over the majority without a shot fired? I do see how the Federal government is run by an ivory tower of elites who are in the minority, that is, they don't really seem to represent the majority, so I guess this fear is somewhat grounded in the reality of what we have today, but this is usually accomplished with great wealth and corruption instead of an army.

So if CN is such a threat, I would think we would have to look at two possible ways they could wield their evil power and influence.

CN would either have to raise an army to take over the country, or use their wealth and influence to sway elected officials in order to take over the country with an oligarchy of elitists who run it like we have now. Therefore, the burden of showing their threat would be to show their wealth and or military capacity, neither of which they have. Show me there wealth or military might to show they are a threat. If not, then they are just another minority within society that the majority likes to beat up to make themselves feel superior and to make themselves feel protected.

Last edited:
Ever since the tragic events of Jan. 6, 2021, in which a handful of the violent rioters donned explicitly Christian symbols, much ink has been spilled about the rising threat of Christian nationalism, which critics charge is a malignant anti-democratic force hellbent on overthrowing American democracy.

Fears of Christian nationalism have spawned a burgeoning subgenre of books, conferences and journal articles. One widely cited survey, which included sloppily expansive definitions, found that a whopping 51% of Americans were Christian nationalists.

And the new documentary "God & Country," scheduled for release Friday and produced by Hollywood mogul Rob Reiner, warns in ominous tones about the nationalists lurking around every corner.

Still, the term itself has been employed to incorporate seemingly any Christian engagement in the public square. Even Michael Wear, former faith outreach coordinator for President Barack Obama, has shared his concerns about the way "Christian nationalism" is used in an overly expansive way.

Andrew Walker, a Baptist scholar, rightly pleads: “Convince me that your skepticism about Christian nationalism isn’t just a cover for wanting Christians out of politics and out of power. Convince me that Christian nationalism is not just another progressive epithet hurled against conservative Christians.”

To address the lack of definition of what constitutes Christian nationalism, one group has released a survey that both dispels some of the hyperbole and gives a more nuanced picture. The group, Neighborly Faith, began with a 14-point definition of Christian nationalism. What the researchers found is that the number of actual Christian nationalists is much smaller than we’ve been led to believe: Only 5% of Americans self-identify as Christian nationalists, and only 11% of Americans fit the category of “adherents.”

But others come up with a lesser definition of what is a CN, or Christian Nationalist, reducing it to 6 questions.

Here is one such test.

1. The federal government should declare the United States as a Christian nation.
  4. The federal government should allow the display of religious symbols in public spaces.

I don't understand how #1 and #3 can coexist in this poll. How can one declare the US a Christian nation and believe that there should be a separation of church and state. Even polls don't make sense with all this hysteria.

But let's say CN is the majority. Would it then only be democratic to embrace it as a nation? Would those who favor it only be practicing democracy? If so, then those that oppose it would be opposing democracy. The Left would have us think that as long as democracy is at work, it is right, it is just, it is fair, unless, of course, they don't like the result. LOL.

If CN is not really in the majority, if they are in the minority, how should the majority safely control them so that they never become the majority and their influence is curbed so as not to effect the majority so that our society is more diverse? Of course, this type of thinking is also contradictory. How can you embrace diversity while targeting any particular minority group within society as being the enemy to limit their input into society and/or destroy them?

But I think the biggest fear is, not that CN is in the majority, the biggest fear is that they are in the minority and wish to take over the government because they are in the minority. People really believe that on 1/6 the United States was almost taken over by CN and all they need to do next time is complete the job, whatever you may think that entails. How could the Viking and unarmed woman who was shot dead take over the government for CN and end democracy for all time? How could they succeed in the future?

Anyone?

Since they are in the minority, I would assume they would have to raise an army to fight off the majority, or does anyone here think that the minority could take over the majority without a shot fired? I do see how the Federal government is run by an ivory tower of elites who are in the minority, that is, they don't really seem to represent the majority, so I guess this fear is somewhat grounded in the reality of what we have today, but this is usually accomplished with great wealth and corruption instead of an army.

So if CN is such a threat, I would think we would have to look at two possible ways they could wield their power and influence.

CN would either have to raise an army to take over the country, or use their wealth and influence to sway elected officials in order to take over the country. Therefore, the burden of showing their threat would be to show their wealth and or military capacity, neither of which they have. If so, show it to me. If not, then they are just another minority within society that the majority likes to beat up to make themselves feel superior and to make themselves feel protected.
ITheir agenda definitely a violation of the First Amendment

Here is one such test.

Anyone?

So if CN is such a threat, I would think we would have to look at two possible ways they could wield their evil power and influence.

CN would either have to raise an army to take over the country, or use their wealth and influence to sway elected officials in order to take over the country. Therefore, the burden of showing their threat would be to show their wealth and or military capacity, neither of which they have. If so, show it to me. If not, then they are just another minority within society that the majority likes to beat up to make themselves feel superior and to make themselves feel protected.
Their agenda is definitely a violation of the First Amendment.

Here is one such test.

Anyone?

CN would either have to raise an army to take over the country, or use their wealth and influence to sway elected officials in order to take over the country with an oligarchy of elitists who run it like we have now. Therefore, the burden of showing their threat would be to show their wealth and or military capacity, neither of which they have. Show me there wealth or military might to show they are a threat. If not, then they are just another minority within society that the majority likes to beat up to make themselves feel superior and to make themselves feel protected.
"my kingdom is not of this world" christ

not every christian is ready to join up with general flynn to throw creation deniers from helicopters. are you?

not every christian is ready to join up with general flynn to throw creation deniers from helicopters. are you?

What in his post even remotely suggested such a thing?

ITheir agenda definitely a violation of the First Amendment
What does that even mean?

Has our First Amendment already been violated? The First Amendment says we have the right to assemble, the right to practice our religion, the right to free speech, all of which were trampled during Covid. To this day, people are censored for a variety of reasons, such as talking bad about any negative effects of the vaccine. God forbid you had a bad reaction, because social media and the government will see to it you cannot communicate this with the masses, all of which people like you were Ok with.

So, it is obvious that your beef is not with the violation of the First Amendment for those in CN or you would have been enraged by what has already transpired. but you are not, you are Ok with it. Your beef is violating the First Amendment for you and people who think like you.

How will CN take away the First Amendment from you? Would they not have to attain power? If so, then how? As I have said, they have no military and no wealth to buy elected officials. If not, then again how?

Either you are insane or I am, and I will tell you a little secret, it ain't me jack!!

:auiqs.jpg:

Here is one such test.

Anyone?

So if CN is such a threat, I would think we would have to look at two possible ways they could wield their power and influence.

What is Christian Nationalism and is it a threat?​

Christian Nationalism is kryptonite to the left and definitely the lefts greatest threat.
Manifested through Christian Nationalism is a high quality human being, one guided by a moral order, one with standards and expectations, one very principled and committed to family values, one responsible and accountable, one who understands causation, one who is ambitious and hard working, one who respects law and order, one who appreciates normalcy and likemindedness….one who would never ever ever stand for the lunacy of the filthy left.
IMG_1874.jpeg

Here is one such test.

Anyone?

Since they are in the minority, I would assume they would have to raise an army to fight off the majority, or does anyone here think that the minority could take over the majority without a shot fired? I do see how the Federal government is run by an ivory tower of elites who are in the minority, that is, they don't really seem to represent the majority, so I guess this fear is somewhat grounded in the reality of what we have today, but this is usually accomplished with great wealth and corruption instead of an army. and useful than libturd non christian

basically christians are happier more productive people than non christian libturds..................they hate they are so miserable

Christian Nationalism has been a major threat, and source of terrorism, in America for many decades.

What do you think the KKK was?

Christian Nationalism has been a major threat, and source of terrorism, in America for many decades.

What do you think the KKK was?
How many Christian Nationalists committed rape or murder last weekend in Baltimore, St Louis and Chicago?
How many Christian Nationalists do you see at the link below?
Get out of that Twisted Twilight Zone!

How many Christian Nationalists committed rape or murder last weekend in Baltimore, St Louis and Chicago?
How many Christian Nationalists do you see at the link below?
Get out of that Twisted Twilight Zone!
What do you think the KKK was, if not white supremacists enacting Christian Nationalism?

The "Chrisitians" who have sold their soul to con man have also sold their religion's soul to him.

This was their decision, so they deserve any pushback they get.
Really? So, they voted for Trump and now any retribution they may face from the government and media is deserved?

Are there any limitations to their deserved oppression?

What is Christian Nationalism and is it a threat?​

Christian Nationalism is kryptonite to the left and definitely the lefts greatest threat.
Manifested through Christian Nationalism is a high quality human being, one guided by a moral order, one with standards and expectations, one very principled and committed to family values, one responsible and accountable, one who understands causation, one who is ambitious and hard working, one who respects law and order, one who appreciates normalcy and likemindedness….one who would never ever ever stand for the lunacy of the filthy left.
View attachment 903274
It reminds me of how the Nazis presented the Jews as the biggest threat to Germany. You simply pick a minority that is easy to pick on and blame all the ills of society upon, and you embrace oppressing them as a way to make society feel as though they are addressing those ills.

It reminds me of how the Nazis presented the Jews as the biggest threat to Germany. You simply pick a minority that is easy to pick on and blame all the ills of society upon, and you embrace oppressing them as a way to make society feel as though they are addressing those ills.
Isn't that what Trump and his Republican Party doing to migrants?

Isn't that what Trump and his Republican Party doing to migrants?
How is he picking on them?

The issue is control of the border which there is none.

There is no point to set immigration policy if the country in question has no control over immigration.

Ankle bracelets are what your party came up with to solve the problem

:auiqs.jpg:

Exactly... It's just like Nazism and Zionism.

Forum List

Back