What is the biblical timeline for the next era?

You're a fundamentalist under the influence of Cyrus Scofield. His annotated Bible was purely political and promoted by Hal Lindsey in the early 1970s. It's not traditional Christianity. Lindsey thinks he's a prophet. It first gained popularity during the Dust Bowl years and the Depression among the poor and uneducated.

LOL, you need new material. I am under the influence of the living omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent God. I am immersed in His Word because it is inerrant and I am filled with the Holy Spirit. God supernatural, He has to be or he would not be God. You have no faith but that in your own belief in your inherent superiority. (Which is wholly unwarranted by the way)

To be "filled" with the Holy Ghost/Spirit one must immerse himself/herself in the word of God as that is where your spirit comes into contract with the Spirit of God that inspired the word of God. You do not have to have a "mystical" experience to explain what the Spirit of God does for us. There are only "2" instances in the New Testament where anyone was "baptized" in the Holy Spirit. 1. On the Day of Pentecost following the ascension of Christ 2. At the house of Cornelius 10 years later to confirm that Salvation was also offered to the Gentile. Jesus promised this Gift to His hand picked apostles (John 16). He did not promise this to the world as He was addressing the Apostles in promising that they would remember the things that He had taught them.......after His ascension.

The bible clearly addresses the fact that the Word of God is the "sword" of the Spirit (Eph. 6:17) A powerful tool used by the Christian in defense of the Gospel Truth (Heb. 4:12)

The Holy Spirit of God convicts the world of its sinful nature. (John 15:8). The question is asked, not who convicts (the Holy Spirit of God......the 3rd person of the Godhead)......but how He convicts, its done with the Sword of God.........the Word. (Titus 1:9).

You can see a clear teaching example of this in (Acts 2:37). They listened to Peter teach a lesson. The lesson cut them to the heart.

The Spirit leads/guides us. Again the question is not who guides us (the Holy Spirit), but..........how does He guide us? Again its done with the word of God. An example is found in (Ps.119:105).......He shows us the correct path to walk.

The Spirit of God is not the same as the Word of God.......the Word is a tool used by the Holy Spirit. By words the Spirit conveys God's message to mankind. (1 Cor. 2:13).

The very source of our Bible...i.e., the Holy Scriptures, comes from the Spirit of God..aka., the Holy Ghost. The Spirit is the one that is directly involved in the inspiration of the Bible. (1 Peter 1:21)

The Holy Scriptures are from the "breath of God" (2 Tim. 3:16-17)

When someone claims they are "filled" with the Holy Ghost and attempts to teach a lesson not found in the Word of God......they are contradicting that which was actually inspired by the Holy Ghost. Some today, (just like children in the Word), play as if they have some mystical experience and have direct contract with the Holy Spirit of God.....What did the Apostle have to say about this type of religion?

"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child, but when I became a man I put away childish things." -- 1 Cor. 13:11

Last edited:
So you admit that His body was resurrected so....when His ascension took place He left the body he was in on the earth, where did it go?

Acts 1:9-12​

Jesus Ascends to Heaven​

9 Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. 10 And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, 11 who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.”
I don't really get norwegen or what his point is.

I don't remember any Christians talking about Christ's body after he resurrected from the tomb, other than the biblical explanation that it was taken physically up into heaven. The whole idea of our bodies dying and then our soul appearing instantly in front of St Peter at the Pearly Gate is nowhere in the Bible that I know of.

I don't really get norwegen or what his point is.

I don't remember any Christians talking about Christ's body after he resurrected from the tomb, other than the biblical explanation that it was taken physically up into heaven. The whole idea of our bodies dying and then our soul appearing instantly in front of St Peter at the Pearly Gate is nowhere in the Bible that I know of.

- nothing new there.

get a clue, physiology is a metaphysical, physical substance that has an expected expiration over time and dissolves into the atmosphere when the expiration occurs - that may or may not be true of its spiritual content that guides it through its finite existence.

maybe the itinerants spirit was wearing clothes and that's what they saw ascending into the sky ...

Changing scripture or writing your own Bible gives power to charlatans.

We both know it is YOU who is changing the Scripture.

This is you to a T

Romans 1:25
Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen

We both know it is YOU who is changing the Scripture.

This is you to a T

Romans 1:25
Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen

Nope. So far you've changed Hosea, Isaiah, Zechariah and Revelation.

I've been waiting for him to remember that.
The risen Christ met Saul, later Paul, who did not recognize him as a man but only as light. Sometime after this encounter, Jesus’ body had fully become the church, as Paul averred repeatedly. He became the head of the church while also wed with his flock to comprise the church’s body. Jesus’ body gradually transformed from that of a man to that of the church. For forty days between his resurrection and ascension, Jesus encountered disciples, apostles, and others on several occasions who knew and loved him. The Gospel of John records three such occasions (Jn 21:14). In one encounter, Mary Magdalene mistook him for a gardener (Jn 20:15). When others encountered him on the shore of the Tiberias Sea after a fruitless catch, they did not recognize him. Only after casting their net per his instruction and hauling in a large catch did his identity dawn on them (Jn 21:1-7). Thomas did not believe he was talking to Jesus until after he touched his wounds (Jn 20:24-28).

Luke records another encounter with the resurrected and transforming Christ. On the road to Emmaus, two apostles met him, walked with him to the village, and invited him inside to eat. After spending considerable time with him, they knew him only as a stranger. “Their eyes were kept from recognizing him.” Finally, when he broke bread with them, his identity dawned on them (Lk 24:13-31).

No one who knew Jesus, even intimately, recognized this stranger among them for his visage, despite getting to know him for a day or knowing first-hand of the wounds he incurred on the Cross. In appearance, he was not the Jesus they previously knew. In his Parousia he was transforming. He was coming in the glory of God (Mt 16:27; 25:31).

Nope. So far you've changed Hosea, Isaiah, Zechariah and Revelation.

Nope, you have. You see the Bible as allegorical, a morality tale. You don't believe in it's supernatural power to introduce someone to the Supernatural Christ. You feel an absolute need to explain away the miraculous nature of God's work and His rede4mptibe miracles. Your bible is no more than another Book.

I truly feel sorry for you.

It's the Church. Christ's body is the Church.

Have you not read the Scriptures?

Have you any idea how silly that sounds? I know full well we are the "body of Christ" bit in that passage that is not what it means. Good lord and Surada are Biblically illiterate.

Nope, you have. You see the Bible as allegorical, a morality tale. You don't believe in it's supernatural power to introduce someone to the Supernatural Christ. You feel an absolute need to explain away the miraculous nature of God's work and His rede4mptibe miracles. Your bible is no more than another Book.

I truly feel sorry for you.
You believe in the supernatural? I think it's far more intelligent than that.

Says a Mormon.

Yeah, I'm a Mormon. You are truly a Biblical illiterate.
Umm, his body was assuming a different form.

That's in the Bible. Comprende?

Nothing in that passage says He didn't ascend in His physical body, in fact it says He was "standing" there before them (in his physical form) and was "lifted" up. Wow how very sad.

Forum List

Back