What I got from the Iowa caucuses

Carbine, I don't consider Cruz that way. I don't think he's establishment. Not by a long shot.
Cruz is a social conservative nutjob who has an irrational fear of the government.

What do you mean 'Social Conservative'?
He wants a war that will cost trillions...

There is no GOP candidate in the top three which are Social Conservatives. They are all for spending more on war...
==========
By < Social Conservative > he means that he is opposed to abortion / birth control / Medicare / Social Security/ Obamacare.

Being pro-war is a given to run as a Republican.

Cruz, Trump and Rubio all finished one, two, three in Iowa. The takeaway I got is this: the GOP establishment is dead. I wholeheartedly believe that. Voters have been betrayed one too many times by people they elected to represent them. People are angry. It showed tonight.

What do you think?

You're listening to a minority of people. 150K Republicans showed up in a state that probably has around 4 to 5 million Republicans in it. This is the continual problem with Caucus states--and I believe there are only 9 states in the country that still do it.

What showed in Iowa was MARCO RUBIO. Republicans are starting to think (finally) about which candidate can win the White House--which Rubio won that answer by 54%. Cruz came in on social issues, which is very typical of Iowa and Donald Trump came in on telling it like it is. But both Trump & Cruz would be a gift to democrats and they would get creamed in a National Election.

So I think if Marco Rubio can hang in here, (donation wise) he will be the eventual nominee of the party. We'll see but this race is far from over. As this moves into the Primary ballot states, we are going to see a lot more participation which will clear the fog.

Donald Trump just got tripped up--and I think he loses momentum after losing here. All the polls showed he was well ahead of the pack and coming in second has got to hurt.

Tea-Party-agenda-GOP.jpg
You have to wonder what outrageous thing Trump will say or do to regain momentum.

Cruz, Trump and Rubio all finished one, two, three in Iowa. The takeaway I got is this: the GOP establishment is dead. I wholeheartedly believe that. Voters have been betrayed one too many times by people they elected to represent them. People are angry. It showed tonight.

What do you think?

You're listening to a minority of people. 150K Republicans showed up in a state that probably has around 4 to 5 million Republicans in it. This is the continual problem with Caucus states--and I believe there are only 9 states in the country that still do it.

What showed in Iowa was MARCO RUBIO. Republicans are starting to think (finally) about which candidate can win the White House--which Rubio won that answer by 54%. Cruz came in on social issues, which is very typical of Iowa and Donald Trump came in on telling it like it is. But both Trump & Cruz would be a gift to democrats and they would get creamed in a National Election.

So I think if Marco Rubio can hang in here, (donation wise) he will be the eventual nominee of the party. We'll see but this race is far from over. As this moves into the Primary ballot states, we are going to see a lot more participation which will clear the fog.

Donald Trump just got tripped up--and I think he loses momentum after losing here. All the polls showed he was well ahead of the pack and coming in second has got to hurt.

Tea-Party-agenda-GOP.jpg
You have to wonder what outrageous thing Trump will say or do to regain momentum.
======

Trump doesn't have to worry much.

Iowa is one of the most religious states in the country with churches on every corner.

Cruz's religious fanaticism will not play nearly as well in other states.

Carbine, I don't consider Cruz that way. I don't think he's establishment. Not by a long shot.
Cruz is a social conservative nutjob who has an irrational fear of the government.

That's cute. If you want to go that route, then you're a loony lefty with an irrational love of government.

except no.... cruz is a bible thumper who could only have won in iowa. no republican who wins iowa has managed to get the nomination because they're fringe even to "the base".

Polls in the next three primary states:

Trump is beating Cruz by 26 points in New Hampshire
Trump is beating Cruz by 16 points in South Carolina
Trump is beating Cruz by 13 points in Nevada

All of those polls were taken before tonight.

And that would mean what exactly?

It means the only reason anyone cares about Iowa and NH is because the results there set the tone for the following states - and the fact that Trump has come in 10 points below where every poll had him in Iowa will take a serious chunk out of his momentum, no matter what stupid things he says to get more airtime.

Huckabee 2004 and Santorum 2008? What tone did that set?

It's not the same thing. I could be wrong, but from where I'm sitting, I see Trump's entire campaign built on momentum - and he just lost it.

When you can talk polls and your opponents can talk delegate count...nobody is going to listen much to you. Not only did he come in 2nd, he barely missed being 3rd.

The show is over folks; nothing to see here.

Again, you can't be a bully when you've been given a black eye. Your entire campaign has been this:

X says something about you; you do something meaner to X; X goes away.
Y says something about you, you do something meaner to Y; Y goes away
Z says something about you, you do something meaner to Z; only this time Z beat the shit out of you.

The interesting thing is people call Rubio the establishment yet they seem to forget he was voted into the Senate as part of the 2010 Tea Party wave. Rubio is not as bombastic as Trump or Cruz to be sure but I don't know that makes him establishment.
The whole ant-establish bit is pure bull shit. One can enter a campaign and be anti-establish, but you can't accomplish anything in Washington without becoming part the establish.

What do you think?

Tea-Party-agenda-GOP.jpg

That he has to say something outrageous to get momentum speaks to the state of the GOP.

Official Government Document was nowhere on the mailer. Stop lying.

On one side, the mailer reads: "ELECTION ALERT: VOTER VIOLATION," "PUBLIC RECORD" and "FURTHER ACTION NEEDED."

The other side of the mailer says "VOTING VIOLATION" in red letters at the top before text that reads:
==========
Having " Public Record " on it in large type and the color of the document and layout and type fonts all lend the impression of an " official document ".

There is more than one way to lie and the Republicans use every one of them.

Why are you using quotation marks when you mention official documents.

You do understand what a quote is, don't you?

BTW "Public Record" means it's open to the public and not necessarily an official document.
=========
The point is not what the exact dictionary definition is ... it is that they tried to convey the impression that it was an " official document ".

The size and shape and color of the the mailer all chosen to mimic government documents.

I'm sure you understand that but if you want to continue to pretend to be so obtruse .. so be it.

You have proof to show that, that is the message they meant to convey?

Seems to me that only morons like you would be fooled into thinking it was an official document. The rest of us are not fooled by appearances.
==========

Well apparently the Cruz campaign people believe Republicans ARE FOOLED BY APPEARANCES or they wouldn't bother to try to fool them with mailers designed to make them think they are government documents.

But what would one expect from the Republican party but sham / smears / lies / innuendoes.

You're assuming that was their intent because morons like you would have been fooled.

Apparently you got your parties mixed up, it's the Democrats that smears and lies.

What do you think?

Tea-Party-agenda-GOP.jpg
======

Trump doesn't have to worry much.

Iowa is one of the most religious states in the country with churches on every corner.

Cruz's religious fanaticism will not play nearly as well in other states.
If Trump needs to attract evangelicals to win, he's in deep shit. When it comes to religion, the Bible Belt which is the Southeast less Florida is more religious than Iowa.

What do you think?

What I got is that 53% of Iowa Republicans are Evangelical's, this is why Ted Cruz won, he had good ground campaign involving the Churches etc.

The Donald barely put money in Iowa, let alone bothered with a proper ground campaign, also the Evangelical's are Cruz people, they never were going to support The Donald.

Also polls going into Iowa, The Donald was within the MOE with Cruz, so of course, in that situation Cruz could pull out narrow win, don't forget Cruz only got 6,000 more votes than The Donald and instead of getting 8 delegates The Donald got 7 delegates, so I don't think Iowa is an illustration of how this thing will go elsewhere.

New Hampshire different situation, far less Evangelical's, plus The Donald has ground campaign.

==========
Having " Public Record " on it in large type and the color of the document and layout and type fonts all lend the impression of an " official document ".

There is more than one way to lie and the Republicans use every one of them.

Why are you using quotation marks when you mention official documents.

You do understand what a quote is, don't you?

BTW "Public Record" means it's open to the public and not necessarily an official document.
=========
The point is not what the exact dictionary definition is ... it is that they tried to convey the impression that it was an " official document ".

The size and shape and color of the the mailer all chosen to mimic government documents.

I'm sure you understand that but if you want to continue to pretend to be so obtruse .. so be it.

Iowa's secretary of state rips Ted Cruz over campaign mailer ...

www.cnn.com/.../ted-cruz-mailer-iowa-caucuses-voter-violation/

Washington (CNN)

Iowa's secretary of state on Saturday blastedTed Cruz'scampaign over a controversial mailer that aims to drive voters to the polls for Monday's caucuses by claiming they have committed "violations."

"Today I was shown a piece of literature from the Cruz for President campaign that misrepresents the role of my office, and worse, misrepresents Iowa election law," Paul Pate, a Republican, said in a statement Saturday.

The mailer gave the recipient, along with their neighbors, poor grades based on their individual voting history. On one side, the mailer reads: "ELECTION ALERT: VOTER VIOLATION," "PUBLIC RECORD" and "FURTHER ACTION NEEDED."

The other side of the mailer says "VOTING VIOLATION" in red letters at the top before text that reads:

"You are receiving this election notice because of low expected voter turnout in your area. Your individual voting history as well as your neighbors' are public record. Their scores are published below, and many of them will see your score as well. CAUCUS ON MONDAY TO IMPROVE YOUR SCORE and please encourage your neighbors to caucus as well. A follow-up notice may be issued following Monday's caucuses."

He was shown a "piece" of the mailer. I'm sure out of context it would appear to be exactly how he described it.

What puzzles me, is why you guys are crying about it? No laws were broken and it's not like you were going to vote for Cruz anyhow. And you don't even live in Iowa!
========
It shows that Cruz is a DECEITFUL person who will try to deceive potential voters.

Which means he has NO ETHICAL OR MORAL VALUES.

I'm sure Cruz personally designed and sent out those mailers.

SMH

Wishful thinking. Trump just tweeted he will be talking about media unfairness in NH. Sour grapes are the #1thing that turns off NH voters.

What do you think?

What I got is that 53% of Iowa Republicans are Evangelical's, this is why Ted Cruz won, he had good ground campaign involving the Churches etc.

The Donald barely put money in Iowa, let alone bothered with a proper ground campaign, also the Evangelical's are Cruz people, they never were going to support The Donald.

Also polls going into Iowa, The Donald was within the MOE with Cruz, so of course, in that situation Cruz could pull out narrow win, don't forget Cruz only got 6,000 more votes than The Donald and instead of getting 8 delegates The Donald got 7 delegates, so I don't think Iowa is an illustration of how this thing will go elsewhere.

New Hampshire different situation, far less Evangelical's, plus The Donald has ground campaign.
With a 24 point lead, Trump should certainly win NH. If he doesn't, he should hang it up. I doubt if he will take South Carolina or the rest of the South. Trump wins New York and loses California, Texas, and Florida.

What do you think?

With a 24 point lead, Trump should certainly win NH. If he doesn't, he should hang it up. I doubt if he will take South Carolina or the rest of the South. Trump wins New York and loses California, Texas, and Florida.
I don't want a fight, but why wouldn't the gop with the best racist credentials NOT take SC. And he's up by 16% in Jan polls.

What do you think?

I don't want a fight, but why wouldn't the gop with the best racist credentials NOT take SC. And he's up by 16% in Jan polls.

You don't want a fight? Here you are, starting trouble :tank: :meow:

What do you think?

South Carolina is more Evangelical than Iowa and Evangelic Christians don't support candidates who don't have time to go to church and aren't firmly against gay marriage and abortion. Also Evangelicals don't support Trump's anti-Muslim agenda.

There's a lot of the "Old South" in South Carolina as in other southern states. Trump's New York shtick just doesn't play that well with them. Even with all the changes in the South, disrespectfully comments toward women, rude, brisk remarks, and off color language aren't the way you win elections in the South. None of the candidates have campaigned that much in the South. I think you'll see Trump's 16 point lead disappear rapidly as it did in Iowa when both Trump and Cruz are campaigning in South Carolina.

Nikki Haley gets called a rag head and McCain got derailed by the fake story that the Indian child he adopted was his mixed race bastard.

SC, Ala and Miss are the best places to go race card.

What do you think?

You are too stupid for words.

More than 180,000 people showed up at the Republican caucuses throughout the state, breaking the 2012 record of about 121,000 voters, according to ABC News.

And you call that dead.

What does that have to do with what I said? Do you even know what I'm referring to when I say "establishment"?

What do you think?

You are too stupid for words.

More than 180,000 people showed up at the Republican caucuses throughout the state, breaking the 2012 record of about 121,000 voters, according to ABC News.

And you call that dead.

What does that have to do with what I said? Do you even know what I'm referring to when I say "establishment"?
What do you mean by establishment?

Forum List

Back