What I got from the Iowa caucuses

Cruz, Trump and Rubio all finished one, two, three in Iowa. The takeaway I got is this: the GOP establishment is dead. I wholeheartedly believe that. Voters have been betrayed one too many times by people they elected to represent them. People are angry. It showed tonight.

What do you think?
The Tea Party has been around for a while now and it's not dead. But, just like the Democrat party, the elected representatives have to toe the mark. I don't like that...or lobbyists who peddle influence. Republican and Independent voters are coming around to the fact that they don't like to be told how to vote, they vote their conscious and what's good for the country rather than their party.

I wish we could be effective enough to bring independent candidates and just flip off the traditional parties.
And that requires the people getting involved at the very local level – something they refuse to do; and the TPM is a perfect example of how not to go about it – the TPM was partisan and divisive, made up mostly of reactionary libertarians, the social right, and conservative ideologues.
The TPM was a grass root level operation and one that caught the attention of angry voters. It was conservative.

There was one statement that I believe I read on MSNBC today. It was about Trump and the feeling of freshness and patriotism that is felt in his crowds. Something we haven't felt as a country for a while.

So wouldn't be effective if we stopped thinking in terms of Liberals and Conservatives and started thinking of ourselves as "Our Country First!" Similar to "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country." If we could just erase those lines that separate us and work together,

The Tea Party "movement" was most certainly NOT grass roots.

You want to erase lines? That's funny.

What I got from Iowa

1. Cruz used two dirty tricks that makes him look dishonest, He told Carson voters that Carson had dropped out of the race, and sent a "notice" telling people their voting habits are being monitored which had information about neighbors and whether they had been voting in the caucuses. It actually said "Official" at the top of the notice.

2. Trump cannot depend on charisma for his votes. He needs end games and organizational plans to get his vote out. Trump needs to stop repeating himself in speeches. People want to know HOW he is going to do some of the things he talks about.

3. Cruz is too evangelical and I think it will hurt him.

4. Clinton has an entire office working on mud slinging attacks on other candidates that she can use at the opportune time. So far, it's major focus has been Trump and that may not have been a good idea for Trump has said he will give it right back to her. All this ends in less time on important issues

5. No candidate can be assured of a win as was demonstrated last night.

Number 4.........where is this office? Is she the only candidate with such an office? You learned this from the Iowa caucus?

Cruz, Trump and Rubio all finished one, two, three in Iowa. The takeaway I got is this: the GOP establishment is dead. I wholeheartedly believe that. Voters have been betrayed one too many times by people they elected to represent them. People are angry. It showed tonight.

What do you think?

You are too stupid for words.

More than 180,000 people showed up at the Republican caucuses throughout the state, breaking the 2012 record of about 121,000 voters, according to ABC News.

And you call that dead.

What does that have to do with what I said? Do you even know what I'm referring to when I say "establishment"?
What do you mean by establishment?

Lets see, the establishment like oh, John Boehner, Mitch McConnell or Paul Ryan, just to name a few. Republicans who were elected other than to maintain the status quo, but wound up doing just that, acting as rubber stamps for the current administration.

What do you think?

More than 180,000 people showed up at the Republican caucuses throughout the state, breaking the 2012 record of about 121,000 voters, according to ABC News.

And you call that dead.

What does that have to do with what I said? Do you even know what I'm referring to when I say "establishment"?

Lets see, the establishment like oh, John Boehner, Mitch McConnell or Paul Ryan, just to name a few. Republicans who were elected other than to maintain the status quo, but wound up doing just that, acting as rubber stamps for the current administration.

Just to go down the road, what could Boehner, McConnell and Ryan have done to not appear to be rubber stamps?

What I got from Iowa

1. Cruz used two dirty tricks that makes him look dishonest, He told Carson voters that Carson had dropped out of the race, and sent a "notice" telling people their voting habits are being monitored which had information about neighbors and whether they had been voting in the caucuses. It actually said "Official" at the top of the notice.

2. Trump cannot depend on charisma for his votes. He needs end games and organizational plans to get his vote out. Trump needs to stop repeating himself in speeches. People want to know HOW he is going to do some of the things he talks about.

3. Cruz is too evangelical and I think it will hurt him.

4. Clinton has an entire office working on mud slinging attacks on other candidates that she can use at the opportune time. So far, it's major focus has been Trump and that may not have been a good idea for Trump has said he will give it right back to her. All this ends in less time on important issues

5. No candidate can be assured of a win as was demonstrated last night.

Number 4.........where is this office? Is she the only candidate with such an office? You learned this from the Iowa caucus?

Coming from the Trump knob polisher who bragged about watching his side show rather than the last debate, Jacksons assertion is even more batshit crazier than usual.

What do you think?

And you call that dead.

So you're saying the establishment is those elected to make changes but instead end up supporting the status quo. I think you see the problem is a matter of just electing the right people. I see the problem is the system itself, a system in which special interest groups and large corporation control government, a system in which most of our elected officials in Washington spend half their time getting re-elected, a system in which those that oppose the status quo are pigeonholed.

Real change means asking politicians to make changes that are not in their best interest. I don't see how anyone can stand up against the system and accomplish anything other than supporting the status quo.

Forum List

Back