POLL: Do you WANT to heal our divisions?

Do you WANT to see our divisions healed?

• Total voters
But this is what I was pointing out earlier. This idiot fucks don't have an ideology (or principles, or consistent values, or anything that might add up to a political philosophy). All they have is "sides".
That is the thought process provided to them by MAGA media. This has gone far beyond telling them what to think, it's about telling them HOW to think.

Good vs. Evil. That's their ideology. By the way, in case you're wondering, THEY are the "Good". Everyone else is Evil and Corrupt.

That's their natural, impulsive thought process now.

That is the thought process provided to them by MAGA media. This has gone far beyond telling them what to think, it's about telling them HOW to think.

Good vs. Evil. That's their ideology. By the way, in case you're wondering, THEY are the "Good". Everyone else is Evil and Corrupt.

That's their natural, impulsive thought process now.
Still, I think it's important to focus on the causes of this. Most of the partisans, especially on sites like this, are brainless jackasses, to be sure, but the two-party dynamic is caused by broken policy. By bad election systems that reward divisive behavior, and overreaching social engineering schemes which fuel their fear-mongering.

Still, I think it's important to focus on the causes of this. Most of the partisans, especially on sites like this, are brainless jackasses, to be sure, but the two-party dynamic is caused by broken policy. By bad election systems that reward divisive behavior, and overreaching social engineering schemes which fuel their fear-mongering.
This fucked up "system" is tailor-made for the tribal thinking the pundits push.

I would add strict term limits and publicly-funded elections to take away their incentives, but RCV is a good start.
I wouldn't go near publicly funded elections. That'll just be another tool for them to control who is allowed to run against them.

I wouldn't go near publicly funded elections. That'll just be another tool for them to control who is allowed to run against them.
I don't know how much fundraising really matters at this point, with all the sources of publicity. I'd get as much money out of politics as possible.

But again, RCV is a good start.

Some people say our divisions are not that big a deal, that we've seen them before. Personally I don't think that's true. One thing that concerns me the most is the amount of people who don't seem to WANT our divisions healed. It seems they'd rather have some kind of final, winner-take-all war, thinking the other side can somehow be eliminated.

Do you want to see our divisions healed? It would certainly require communication with people who disagree with you, and you would have to bend somewhat, regardless of where you stand politically.

Heal? Forget it, it's over. Right now is a culmination of 20+ years of Rush Limbaugh & Fox who lined their pockets spreading hate & division. Combine that with Trump, who's a pathetic corrupt power hungry psychopath & we have what the Country is experiencing now. And let's not forget gutless cowards like Bill Barr, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Chris Sunnunu, Mitch McConnell & slew of others who are also gutless & have signaled to the electorate that it's ok to support Trump becsuse THEY do. The Country had a chance to turn it around on Jan. 20, 2021, but the above & others didn't WANT it that way.

Heal? That ship sailed on Jan. 20, 2016.

Heal? Forget it, it's over. Right now is a culmination of 20+ years of Rush Limbaugh & Fox who lined their pockets spreading hate & division. Combine that with Trump, who's a pathetic corrupt power hungry psychopath & we have what the Country is experiencing now. And let's not forget gutless cowards like Bill Barr, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Chris Sunnunu, Mitch McConnell & slew of others who are also gutless & have signaled to the electorate that it's ok to support Trump becsuse THEY do. The Country had a chance to turn it around on Jan. 20, 2021, but the above & others didn't WANT it that way.

Heal? That ship sailed on Jan. 20, 2016.
I often wonder what Limbaugh, the Father of the Alternate Universe, really thought of what he created.

But yeah, I learned in 2016 that America isn't what I thought it was. I'm over it now, but it sure took a while.

Forum List

Back