We Have the Right to Assemble and Freedom of Religion - Unlawful Arrest of Preacher

Looks like some of our government officials haven't read the Constitution.

---Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne was charged with misdemeanor counts of unlawful assembly---

Public safety, kid. Emergency measures and all that.
Sorry but the government is not my parent, Im old enough to decide what is best for me. The government only need to tell me how much tax I owe and then they can but out. They have yet to prove this is a real emergency and not a manufactured one,
Im old enough to decide what is best for me

Sure. Just not smart enough though to realize the risk your actions pose to others.
You no doubt have no problem with standing in line at the grocery store infecting others with impunity.
You're lucky no one knows what a piece of shit you really are. If they did, stand your ground would apply as you are threatening people's lives.

Americans thought FDR's executive order 9066 was for the greater good during the early days of WW2 but 9066 is acknowledged today as one of the most flagrant violations of Constitutional law in modern history. Puritans fled to America to avoid being arrested for unlawful assembly. Spring Breakers ran wild on Florida beaches in flagrant violation of pandemic warnings and nobody was arrested but Florida authorities arrest a Protestant Preacher for unlawful assembly? This is bad mojo.

---Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne was charged with misdemeanor counts of unlawful assembly---

Public safety, kid. Emergency measures and all that.
Sorry but the government is not my parent, Im old enough to decide what is best for me. The government only need to tell me how much tax I owe and then they can but out. They have yet to prove this is a real emergency and not a manufactured one,
Im old enough to decide what is best for me

Sure. Just not smart enough though to realize the risk your actions pose to others.
You no doubt have no problem with standing in line at the grocery store infecting others with impunity.
You're lucky no one knows what a piece of shit you really are. If they did, stand your ground would apply as you are threatening people's lives.

Almighty God delivered the "Sermon on the Mount" to a large multitude back in the day during a major Leprosy Pandemic. Coronavirus is a lot less nasty of a bug that leprosy

Of course freedom for religion cannot compete with non freedom of house arrest so libbies gotta run down religion. They worship at the Cathedral iof Perpetual Victimhood and Compliance

As far as Constitutional law goes it's clear that the 1st Amendment Freedom of Religion trumps (pardon the pun) executive orders issued by a governor.

No, it doesn't.
Common sense might dictate staying home but a governor can't supersede the Bill of Rights without declaring martial law.
Most state charters do not permit governors to lock down a state except in the event of war or ongoing civil unrest . They are very few speculative preemptive powers that governors are granted .

---“Why the government is so insistent on closing the church down on Sundays, restricting worship, restricting the size of the gathering in the church is totally against the first amendment of our constitution which says congress make no law prohibiting the free worship exercise of peaceful assembly of people in the United States that include the church,” he said.---

Congress didn't make a law, did they?

I don’t think the pastor should’ve held service. Just do periscope....but it is concerning how quickly the 1st amendment has been tossed aside in all this. We are in strange times, but I don’t like this at all. I think government should recommend these measures, and non-essential organizations should be liable if something does happen because they choose to meet...but this goes so much further than suspension of habeas corpus. Like people, mainly the left, rightfully freaked out last week when Barr suggested suspending all trails (effectively ending the right to a fair and speedy trial). This is way worse. The bill of rights are there especially for the difficult times like this. This is when they become most important. I think the pastor is a dolt, but I hope he sues to the fuck out of the sheriff.

Hey man, NOTHING trumps the Constitution. You're in America now, boy.
Is there anything in there about forcing people to stay on boats ? :(
These cruises should have all been grounded months ago ....wtf ?

The word "quarantine" means 40 days. In old Venice during times of plagues ships were required to wait 40 days before docking. More recently ships of all nations carried plague flags to alert approaching ships and ports that a sickness existed aboard. Today a harbor master boards ships before they dock and has unilateral authority to refuse them permission to enter. Maritime authorities have long had the responsibilty and authority to protect nations from shipboard illnesses.

So people's rights are all done now?

"For the greater good"? Fuck that! That sounds like the Nazis.

No, just no.

Homie ain't playin' that.

iu

Stop being childish and answer my question. Conomdrumn or not.....and yes everyone's rights must be considered in light of national security.

Should members of a church congregation be allowed to congregate in church even if it means that some will die as a result or at the very least put themselves into a situation that could likely result in some of them dying not even to mention enabling them to spread it to others when they leave the church service.

Try and use some common sense.

I will even go further and point out the obvious......all those who believe they have the right to exercise their freedom of religion by attending a church service crammed full of people .......in a time when a virus that is highly contagious is running rampant..........have blood on their hands and I am sure their Lord will hold them accountable even if the local sheriff does not.

Absolutely. Any more stupid questions, Commie faggot?

What part of "Freedom of religion" and "Freedom of assembly" do you not comprehend so I can spell it out to your fucktarded Commie ass?

It's very clearly written down before 1800 so as to no confusion from fucktards like you.

Yet it appears you have some confusion..are you American, even?

If so, why are you having these doubts? School indoctrination? Wtf?!

It appears the government is not following The Constitution to me.

They are wrong, and The Constitution is right.

Politicians that take bribes would have been imprisoned or hanged in the early days of this country when it was being built.

As long as they maintained 6 feet separation, they could have held their service. Have you not seen video of pastors holding services in the parking lots with people staying in their cars?

It's unconstitutional and won't take many trips up the court to be proven so

Would you want your spouse, child or grandchildren exposed to a church attendee who may have been exposed? Try finding a jury that would all agree that this pastor was within his Constitutional rights to do so

I don’t think the pastor should’ve held service. Just do periscope....but it is concerning how quickly the 1st amendment has been tossed aside in all this. We are in strange times, but I don’t like this at all. I think government should recommend these measures, and non-essential organizations should be liable if something does happen because they choose to meet...but this goes so much further than suspension of habeas corpus. Like people, mainly the left, rightfully freaked out last week when Barr suggested suspending all trails (effectively ending the right to a fair and speedy trial). This is way worse. The bill of rights are there especially for the difficult times like this. This is when they become most important. I think the pastor is a dolt, but I hope he sues to the fuck out of the sheriff.

Somebody open the door and kick this dumb ass outta here.....whilst i put his dumb black ass on ignore. hehheh

This thread is exposing a lot of stoopid folk....which is good....get them all in one place and very easy to put them on ignore.

Last edited:
You all think this is cute to limit Christians' rights to assemble now, but realize when the immune suppressed get together in the next regular flu season, when 60K people die anyway, and say ALL big gathering should be limited because they spread germs, you have less and less of a leg to stand on.

I mean I know these things like individual rights and freedoms are sooooo 18th century. But you might want to free your mind a little bit.
You're giving Christians a bad name right now, Sue. All big gatherings ARE limited right now because they spread germs. It's not just Christians.

Oh shaming. A "bad name". Heaven forfend
Are gatherings of more than ten people verboten or not? Concerts, sporting events, conventions? How is that "targeting" Christians? You might not have seen this post several pages back; there are alternative ways to worship right now. No one wants to stop you.
If I were a pastor, I wouldn't hold services in the church and put my parishoners at risk. I realize it's hard on people; if people ever needed their religion, it's now. But there are other ways: Some congregations are doing "drive in's" and others are doing services, readings, etc. on line. You can do Mass (well, you don't get the wafer) on EWTN. There are sermons on tv every Sunday where I live.

It's a First Amendment protected right. Sorry you don't like that people in this nation have rights. Actually I'm not really sorry; your opinion on the matter makes no difference to me whatsoever.

So pastors doing "drive-in" services or podcasts are not being protected by the 1st Amendment? If they were not, wouldn't that also be banned?

It's unconstitutional and won't take many trips up the court to be proven so

Would you want your spouse, child or grandchildren exposed to a church attendee who may have been exposed? Try finding a jury that would all agree that this pastor was within his Constitutional rights to do so

Here in the Tremendous Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, religious institutions are specifically exempt from the closure rules. Remember as well that our governor is an ultraliberal extremist and the Secretary of Health is a She-Male. Yet they still recognize the right to free practice of religion. Of course, everything that's legal isn't necessarily wise, but I can't see banning it and arresting clergy.

Somebody open the door and kick this dumb ass outta here.....whilst i put his dumb black ass on ignore. hehheh

This thread is exposing a lot of stoopid folk....which is good....get them all in one place and very easy to put them on ignore.
Like it or not, right to assembly is your first amendment right too. Sooner or later we’re going to have to go with the herd immunity option, because it is inevitable. And I’m on the front lines of this shit, my hospital is nuts right now. Prep like a motherfucker for another month for the huge influx of patients, get the national guard and the army MASHs ready, convert hotels, save the hospitals for the worst cases...and then tell the non at risk people to go back to business as usual, and just get ready. This is going to get ugly because there are no good options for how to handle this. Rip the bandaid off as soon as possible.

You all think this is cute to limit Christians' rights to assemble now, but realize when the immune suppressed get together in the next regular flu season, when 60K people die anyway, and say ALL big gathering should be limited because they spread germs, you have less and less of a leg to stand on.

I mean I know these things like individual rights and freedoms are sooooo 18th century. But you might want to free your mind a little bit.
You're giving Christians a bad name right now, Sue. All big gatherings ARE limited right now because they spread germs. It's not just Christians.

Oh shaming. A "bad name". Heaven forfend
Are gatherings of more than ten people verboten or not? Concerts, sporting events, conventions? How is that "targeting" Christians? You might not have seen this post several pages back; there are alternative ways to worship right now. No one wants to stop you.
If I were a pastor, I wouldn't hold services in the church and put my parishoners at risk. I realize it's hard on people; if people ever needed their religion, it's now. But there are other ways: Some congregations are doing "drive in's" and others are doing services, readings, etc. on line. You can do Mass (well, you don't get the wafer) on EWTN. There are sermons on tv every Sunday where I live.

It's a First Amendment protected right. Sorry you don't like that people in this nation have rights. Actually I'm not really sorry; your opinion on the matter makes no difference to me whatsoever.

So pastors doing "drive-in" services or podcasts are not being protected by the 1st Amendment? If they were not, wouldn't that also be banned?
It’s the right to assembly that’s being violated here. They didn’t go after the pastor because of what he said, but because they assembled.

Lock up the Preacher but don't touch the bars and establishments that cater to drunks and spring breakers and gambling establishments. The easy target is always the favorite. God help us if the crazies ever get hold of the Constitution. That's life in the modern world.

Here's some reality from this afternoon's Washington Post, just to remind you WHY it's better to do your worship another way 'til this is over.

The latest
The U.S. death toll climbed by 543 on Monday — the largest daily increase since the outbreak began. Over 3,000 people in this country have died from covid-19, which is more than the number of deaths in the initial Sept. 11, 2001 attacks.

Ford and GE estimate they won't be able to produce 1,500 ventilators until the end of April, after the point when health experts say the surge in U.S. hospitals will be greatest and well below estimates of what will be needed during that surge.

Customers who rely on Instacart, Amazon and Whole Foods could be affected by walkouts, as more and more people are turning to delivery to maintain physical distancing and follow local stay-at-home orders. Workers have said the companies aren't doing enough to protect them as their jobs have turned into front-line services in the battle against coronavirus.

Why does Mexico have so few cases, compared to the U.S.? The Post's Mexico correspondent Mary Beth Sheridan describes the country's gamble, with enormous stakes.

In Europe, vast field hospitals and morgues are being set up in places that used to host weddings, dog shows and science fairs. British newspapers called the footage “chilling.”

Health and corrections officials have long been concerned about coronavirus spreading rapidly through jails and prisons, where physical distancing is next to impossible. In preventive measures, some states have released nonviolent criminals. The chief doctor at Rikers Island in New York said the jail is a “public health disaster unfolding before our eyes."

On Monday, the Department of Defense announced the first U.S. service member had died from covid-19. Capt. Douglas Linn Hickok was a drilling guardsman and physician assistant, New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy said. Now, an outbreak at a Marine Corps boot camp has infected dozens of recruits and the Navy has been asked to move thousands of sailors into quarantine on shore.

Social closeness can bolster the immune system, which is why doctors and psychologists are so worried about the effects of our new, 6-feet-apart reality. But there's hope in the data: science shows simple acts or words of kindness can have a powerful impact.

Correction: In yesterday's newsletter, we incorrectly said that New York state had just 6,000 cases. We missed a zero in that tally — sorry! The state's caseload as of this afternoon has grown to more than 75,000.

Forum List

Back