Zone1 "We Can Hunt Down a 95 YO Holocaust Participant For PERJURY, But Are Unable to Charge a Woman Who Instigated The MURDER of a Black Teenager"

According to peoples justice at the time, the ramifications of violating social order could be severe. In some situations, in some locations, death could be the penalty — as in Till's case. Times have changed. You can’t blame what was done in the past by today's standards.
But the women admitted lying

But the women admitted lying
False. Someone else said she recanted her testimony. The Department of Justice found no evidence to support the claim and it is not credible. The DOJ closed the investigation after determining there is nothing to it.

According to peoples justice at the time, the ramifications of violating social order could be severe. In some situations, in some locations, death could be the penalty — as in Till's case. Times have changed. You can’t blame what was done in the past by today's standards.
Honestly, it’s questionable as to whether she lied or not. But we don’t prosecute people on “maybe’s,” which is why the DOJ declined to move forward.

That said, while we agree on most things, I disagree with you on Till’s “death penalty.” The only time a death penalty should be rendered - and then, only by a court - is when someone murdered someone else.

(For example, the black racist in Wisconsin who killed six people by plowing into them at a parade is deserving of the death penalty, although I don’t think it’s a death penalty state. I wonder if his trial will be televised like the Aubrey case was, and in that case, the three involved got life in prison - even the guy operating the camera.)

That said, while we agree on most things, I disagree with you on Till’s “death penalty.” The only time a death penalty should be rendered - and then, only by a court - is when someone murdered someone else.
You have apparently misread my comment. No where do I state my views on how the death penalty should be applied today.

I spoke only of that time in the past and then only in a factual sense. There were times and places in US history that citizens acted on their own outside of law enforcement and courtrooms. (Not just with black people, as often misrepresented, but all races).

Something I did say was those were different times, and should be viewed in that context.

The woman broke no laws at all and cannot be prosecuted. Also true is, the woman broke many laws all of which had been passed in the years since Emmitt Till died. Constitutionally, we are prohibited from prosecuting under an ex post facto law. The woman cannot be prosecuted.

Donham broke no laws. She cannot be prosecuted.
I had no idea that ANYONE would insist that a
woman be prosecuted for LYING to her idiot
husband. Did anything happen against the
actual murderers? -------the juxtaposition of
the horrific southern lynch case with a totally
unrelated Nazi case makes no sense to me.
As far as I know----people were not prosecuted
in the USA for TELLING on hiding jews in Germany,
Austria, France, Italy......... ---admittedly---another
silly juxtaposition-----but since we are REACHING---
let's reach some more.

I had no idea that ANYONE would insist that a
woman be prosecuted for LYING to her idiot
husband. Did anything happen against the
actual murderers? -------the juxtaposition of
the horrific southern lynch case with a totally
unrelated Nazi case makes no sense to me.
As far as I know----people were not prosecuted
in the USA for TELLING on hiding jews in Germany,
Austria, France, Italy......... ---admittedly---another
silly juxtaposition-----but since we are REACHING---
let's reach some more.
The actual murderers were tried and found not guilty.

it's tragic----many tragedies-----murders in my town
OFTEN go unsolved even today----regardless of "race"
Don't get confused. This is not an unsolved crime. The woman did lie. She said that Emmitt Till whistled at her. It never happened. Her soon to be husband and another man brutally tortured and killed this 14 year old boy. They were tried by an all white southern jury and found not guilty. After the trial these men laughed and joked about killing this kid. Double jeopardy prevented another trial. None of this is in dispute. This is racism, writ very large. None of this could happen today. We have different laws and indeed a different people.

The murderers are long dead. The laws that this woman broke were all passed long after Till's death. They cannot be used against her.

Without justifying or condemning anyone, this case is lost except to history. But it is not unsolved.

Don't get confused. This is not an unsolved crime. The woman did lie. She said that Emmitt Till whistled at her. It never happened. Her soon to be husband and another man brutally tortured and killed this 14 year old boy. They were tried by an all white southern jury and found not guilty. After the trial these men laughed and joked about killing this kid. Double jeopardy prevented another trial. None of this is in dispute. This is racism, writ very large. None of this could happen today. We have different laws and indeed a different people.

The murderers are long dead. The laws that this woman broke were all passed long after Till's death. They cannot be used against her.

Without justifying or condemning anyone, this case is lost except to history. But it is not unsolved.
I understand----but still do not see how SHE could be
prosecuted EVEN TODAY ----did she claim that she
NEVAH SAID THAT---in court and under oath?

getting back to today----lots of unsolved murders ---
even in cases that "seem to me...." to be solvable.
Lots of unprosecuted crimes........in my town

I understand----but still do not see how SHE could be
prosecuted EVEN TODAY ----did she claim that she
NEVAH SAID THAT---in court and under oath?
She cannot be prosecuted today. If she lied under oath, the statute of limitations for perjury is two years. She cannot be prosecuted. All other laws that she broke, hate crime laws, civil rights laws were passed after Emmitt Till's death. These are ex post facto and she cannot be prosecuted.

There is no circumstance under which this woman can be prosecuted today.

Because blacks have a crime rate that is much higher than the white crime rate a criminal justice system that is effective for whites is not harsh enough for blacks. Before the civil rights movement that was understood in the United States, and particularly in the South. That is why, when a black man and a white men committed the same crime, the black man got more punishment.

Because blacks have a crime rate that is much higher than the white crime rate a criminal justice system that is effective for whites is not harsh enough for blacks. Before the civil rights movement that was understood in the United States, and particularly in the South. That is why, when a black man and a white men committed the same crime, the black man got more punishment.
DISGUSTING idea ^^^^^ have your head examined

DISGUSTING idea ^^^^^ have your head examined
The Color of Crime: Race, Crime, and Justice in America, 2016 Revised Edition, by Edwin S. Rubenstein, New Century Foundation

• The evidence suggests that if there is police racial bias in arrests it is negligible. Victim and witness surveys show that police arrest violent criminals in close proportion to the rates at which criminals of different races commit violent crimes.
  • There are dramatic race differences in crime rates. Asians have the lowest rates, followed by whites, and then Hispanics. Blacks have notably high crime rates. This pattern holds true for virtually all crime categories and for virtually all age groups.
  • In 2013, a black was six times more likely than a nonblack to commit murder, and 12 times more likely to murder someone of another race than to be murdered by someone of another race.
  • In 2013, of the approximately 660,000 crimes of interracial violence that involved blacks and whites, blacks were the perpetrators 85 percent of the time. This meant a black person was 27 times more likely to attack a white person than vice versa. A Hispanic was eight times more likely to attack a white person than vice versa.
  • If New York City were all white, the murder rate would drop by 91 percent, the robbery rate by 81 percent, and the shootings rate by 97 percent.
  • In an all-white Chicago, murder would decline 90 percent, rape by 81 percent, and robbery by 90 percent.
  • The Color of Crime - American Renaissance

The Color of Crime: Race, Crime, and Justice in America, 2016 Revised Edition, by Edwin S. Rubenstein, New Century Foundation

• The evidence suggests that if there is police racial bias in arrests it is negligible. Victim and witness surveys show that police arrest violent criminals in close proportion to the rates at which criminals of different races commit violent crimes.

• There are dramatic race differences in crime rates. Asians have the lowest rates, followed by whites, and then Hispanics. Blacks have notably high crime rates. This pattern holds true for virtually all crime categories and for virtually all age groups.
  • In 2013, a black was six times more likely than a nonblack to commit murder, and 12 times more likely to murder someone of another race than to be murdered by someone of another race.

• In 2013, of the approximately 660,000 crimes of interracial violence that involved blacks and whites, blacks were the perpetrators 85 percent of the time. This meant a black person was 27 times more likely to attack a white person than vice versa. A Hispanic was eight times more likely to attack a white person than vice versa.

• If New York City were all white, the murder rate would drop by 91 percent, the robbery rate by 81 percent, and the shootings rate by 97 percent.
  • In an all-white Chicago, murder would decline 90 percent, rape by 81 percent, and robbery by 90 percent.
  • The Color of Crime - American Renaissance
Your stats do NOT support your contention that black
populations SHOULD BE TREATED MORE SEVERELY
in the justice system than are "whites". Get your head
examined.

I think it's kind of absurd to go after a nonagenarian for something he did as a teenager after being conscripted into a military service.

What makes it more obscene is that Jakiw Palij isn't even a German citizen, he's Polish. The Germans gave their own citizens blanket immunity for crimes that might have been committed during WWII, but are now prosecuting senior citizens they conscripted from the countries they invaded.

It's equally absurd to prosecute Ms. Bryant for something SOMEONE ELSE did, because she took offense to something and OTHER PEOPLE overreacted to it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back