Was Jesus aware of being Yahweh?

I have wondered how Christians rationalized Jesus' last words --- "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

Jesus seems unaware that he was God.

What did Jesus mean by forsaken?

The usual definition means abandoned or deserted.

How can one abandon or desert themselves?

If Jesus knew he was Yahweh, how did he feel about the poor reputation the Jews gave Yahweh?

Is that why the Jews tried to kill Jesus more than once before the cross got him?

Further.

Jesus also said that he and god were one, yet scriptures seem to show Jesus as Yahweh’s good side and Yahweh as the evil side.

If Jesus/Yahweh shared the some consciousness, which they would have to given that there is only one god in Christianity, why are they so different?

Regards
DL

Yes, Jesus was aware.

John 8:58 says this....

Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”

Now the key in that verse, is the ending "I am".

Even the Jews of his day, understood exactly what Jesus was saying. This is why in the following verse:

So they picked up stones to throw at him

They understood that Jesus was saying he was G-d. So where did that come from?

This goes all the way back to the Torah, in Exodus 3:13, where Moses is being told by G-d from a burning bush, to go and save his people out of Egypt.

Moses said to God, "Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is his name?' Then what shall I tell them?"

God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

Therefore, we can see that G-d identified himself, as "I AM". And Jesus also identified himself as "I AM".

This is why the Jews knew clearly, that Jesus was claiming to be G-d.

So I think we can clearly establish, that Jesus knew exactly who he was.

With that fact clearly established, let's look at your questions.
  • Was Jesus aware of being Yahweh?
No.
  • Is that why the Jews tried to kill Jesus more than once before the cross got him?
Yes. In John 10:33, Jesus said to the Jews, that he had done many good things, so for which of those good things was he being stoned to death?

"We are not stoning you for any good work," they replied, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."

• Jesus also said that he and god were one, yet scriptures seem to show Jesus as Yahweh’s good side and Yahweh as the evil side.
I would disagree with that.

For example, Yahweh didn't have to save the Israelites from being slaves in Egypt.
Why did he do that? Because he is good.

Yahweh didn't have to save Abraham's relative Lot, from Sodom. But he did. Because he is good.

Yahweh didn't have to save Noah from the flood, nor his son's and their wives. But he did, because he is good.

Yahweh didn't have to save the Israelites from the snakes. But he did, because he is good.

Yahweh didn't have to save Israeli from their enemies. But he did, because he is good.

Yahweh didn't have to give Israeli a land of their own. But he did, because he is good.

Yahweh didn't have to defeat the Egyptians that were coming to recapture and enslave them again. But he did, because he is good.

Yahweh didn't have to save the Jews from extermination by Persia, using Esther the Queen. But did, because he is good.

I could go on to thousands of examples, throughout the Torah and the prophets, showing that G-d is good.

The only time that people can claim that G-d is not good, by complaining that G-d judges evil. But in reality, that in itself, is proof that G-d is good.

If a judge in this world today, allowed a murderer and rapist, to go free without consequence, would consider that judge good?

Of course not. A judge that allows evil without consequence, is an evil judge himself.

G-d is not an evil judge. He judges, and punishes, all people according to their own evil. That includes his own chosen people. He judges the Israelites just as much as the gentile people around them. In same cases more harshly than those around them, because his people saw his amazing power, and they still committed evil.

• I have wondered how Christians rationalized Jesus' last words --- "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" Jesus seems unaware that he was God. What did Jesus mean by forsaken? The usual definition means abandoned or deserted. How can one abandon or desert themselves?
So all of this goes to the concept of the Trinity.
The G-d that is 3 in 1. G-d the Father, G-d the Son, and G-d the Holy Ghost.

How can G-d be 3 separate beings, and yet, be together as the same.

The best why I know to describe it, is like saying someone's last name is Smith.

You are part of a family, with a common last name. Someone calling for "Smith" could refer to you, or your father, or your mother even.

You are separate, but still united together as one.

Now... that is a pathetic understanding of the Trinity, but it is the best I know how to describe it.

How can Jesus be G-d, and yet be separate? How can Jesus "sit at the right hand of the Father", when Jesus is G-d himself?

And here is a my dramatic mind blowing insightful answer for this question.......

I don't know. I am comfortable with G-d being something beyond my ability to understand.

Honestly, I think at some level, if G-d was so simple and easy to understand, that we humans could know everything about G-d, that he really wouldn't be all that impressive.

So I am ok with G-d being beyond my ability to understand.

Your dishonesty and out of context reading is quite apparent buddy.

I will not speak to all your partial biblical dialog but will address this one.

""We are not stoning you for any good work," they replied, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."

Jesus then challenged them to deny the scriptures.

34Jesus replied, “Is it not written in your Law: ‘I have said you are gods’?…

The Jews had to agree.

As to I am.

Jesus is showing that as a perfected or enlightened mind, He was accepting his fate and becoming a perfected man/god, which you and I are invited to do with the following.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

That says that when you become enlightened, you to should call your god I am and mean yourself the way Jesus did.

As to Yahweh and freeing the Jews, they have a better view of their history than you do.

Please take the time to view this, and if you want a bit of insight into religions in total and why they exist, you will get it by watching how the movie ends.

Regards
DL

I will not speak to all your partial biblical dialog.

You seem to have confused me, with someone who was asking you for understanding.

I am not. I answered your question. Me answering your question on this matter, is not me asking for you to answer questions I didn't ask.

I answered truthfully and accurately. You have rejected my answer, and I accept that. However, that does not mean that I need to know, nor care about your opinion on the matter.

Regards

Thanks for the accusation for what you did not show and for which I cannot defend myself on.

You win this one hands down. Loser.

Regards
DL

I have wondered how Christians rationalized Jesus' last words --- "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

If Jesus knew he was Yahweh, how did he feel about the poor reputation the Jews gave Yahweh?

Is that why the Jews tried to kill Jesus more than once before the cross got him?

Further.

Jesus also said that he and god were one, yet scriptures seem to show Jesus as Yahweh’s good side and Yahweh as the evil side.

If Jesus/Yahweh shared the some consciousness, which they would have to given that there is only one god in Christianity, why are they so different?

Regards
DL

Yes, Jesus was aware.

Even the Jews of his day, understood exactly what Jesus was saying. This is why in the following verse:

This goes all the way back to the Torah, in Exodus 3:13, where Moses is being told by G-d from a burning bush, to go and save his people out of Egypt.

Moses said to God, "Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is his name?' Then what shall I tell them?"

God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

Therefore, we can see that G-d identified himself, as "I AM". And Jesus also identified himself as "I AM".

No.
  • Is that why the Jews tried to kill Jesus more than once before the cross got him?
Yes. In John 10:33, Jesus said to the Jews, that he had done many good things, so for which of those good things was he being stoned to death?

"We are not stoning you for any good work," they replied, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."

• Jesus also said that he and god were one, yet scriptures seem to show Jesus as Yahweh’s good side and Yahweh as the evil side.

For example, Yahweh didn't have to save the Israelites from being slaves in Egypt.

Yahweh didn't have to save Abraham's relative Lot, from Sodom. But he did. Because he is good.

Yahweh didn't have to save Noah from the flood, nor his son's and their wives. But he did, because he is good.

Yahweh didn't have to save the Israelites from the snakes. But he did, because he is good.

Yahweh didn't have to save Israeli from their enemies. But he did, because he is good.

Yahweh didn't have to give Israeli a land of their own. But he did, because he is good.

Yahweh didn't have to defeat the Egyptians that were coming to recapture and enslave them again. But he did, because he is good.

Yahweh didn't have to save the Jews from extermination by Persia, using Esther the Queen. But did, because he is good.

I could go on to thousands of examples, throughout the Torah and the prophets, showing that G-d is good.

The only time that people can claim that G-d is not good, by complaining that G-d judges evil. But in reality, that in itself, is proof that G-d is good.

If a judge in this world today, allowed a murderer and rapist, to go free without consequence, would consider that judge good?

Of course not. A judge that allows evil without consequence, is an evil judge himself.

G-d is not an evil judge. He judges, and punishes, all people according to their own evil. That includes his own chosen people. He judges the Israelites just as much as the gentile people around them. In same cases more harshly than those around them, because his people saw his amazing power, and they still committed evil.

• I have wondered how Christians rationalized Jesus' last words --- "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" Jesus seems unaware that he was God. What did Jesus mean by forsaken? The usual definition means abandoned or deserted. How can one abandon or desert themselves?

The best why I know to describe it, is like saying someone's last name is Smith.

You are part of a family, with a common last name. Someone calling for "Smith" could refer to you, or your father, or your mother even.

Now... that is a pathetic understanding of the Trinity, but it is the best I know how to describe it.

How can Jesus be G-d, and yet be separate? How can Jesus "sit at the right hand of the Father", when Jesus is G-d himself?

And here is a my dramatic mind blowing insightful answer for this question.......

I don't know. I am comfortable with G-d being something beyond my ability to understand.

Honestly, I think at some level, if G-d was so simple and easy to understand, that we humans could know everything about G-d, that he really wouldn't be all that impressive.

""We are not stoning you for any good work," they replied, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."

The Jews had to agree.

As to I am.

Jesus is showing that as a perfected or enlightened mind, He was accepting his fate and becoming a perfected man/god, which you and I are invited to do with the following.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

That says that when you become enlightened, you to should call your god I am and mean yourself the way Jesus did.

As to Yahweh and freeing the Jews, they have a better view of their history than you do.

Please take the time to view this, and if you want a bit of insight into religions in total and why they exist, you will get it by watching how the movie ends.

Regards
DL

You seem to have confused me, with someone who was asking you for understanding.

I am not. I answered your question. Me answering your question on this matter, is not me asking for you to answer questions I didn't ask.

I answered truthfully and accurately. You have rejected my answer, and I accept that. However, that does not mean that I need to know, nor care about your opinion on the matter.

Regards

Thanks for the accusation for what you did not show and for which I cannot defend myself on.

Regards
DL

I just responded to you, the way you responded to me.

If that's too much for you to handle... perhaps you should consider how you treat people on a forum.
Or stop going on forums.

Further.

Regards
DL
Those weren't Jesus' last words. In his last utterance, he referred to God as his Father again. “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit!” (Lk 23:46).

No his last words were it is finished

John 19:30
When we consider Luke and John, yes these were his last words. He committed his spirit to God and announced that his work was done.

I thought the former was more of an answer to the reason God forsook him. On the Cross, Jesus was the curse of Adam. As he died, that curse was lifted, or he would not have gone to the Father. But he, the first fruit of the resurrection, did go to the Father. It is finished.

The curse of Adam?

What curse?

Tell us why you sing, in your Exultet hymn, that Adam's sin was a happy fault and necessary to god's plan.

If you can find it, I do not like the apologetics your bible does, but you might do better.

Tell me though, since Adam's sin was necessary to keep god's plan on track, would you nor do exactly what Adam did or would you not eat and thus derail Yahweh's plan?

Regards
DL

Further.

Regards
DL

Yes, Jesus was aware.

No.

The Jews had to agree.

As to I am.

Regards
DL

Regards

Regards
DL

I just responded to you, the way you responded to me.

If that's too much for you to handle... perhaps you should consider how you treat people on a forum.
Or stop going on forums.

Another biased and subjective judgement that I cannot defend myself against since all that shit is in your own shitty mind.

Go away you pathetic piece of human garbage, or make your case.

If you could have, you would have, to rub it in.

Regards
DL

Further.

Regards
DL
Those weren't Jesus' last words. In his last utterance, he referred to God as his Father again. “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit!” (Lk 23:46).

Strange that there are two different sayings for his last words. Someone is lying.

That aside.

Jesus also said that he and the Father were one. If you have seen me, you have seen the father.

Into my hands I commit my spirit sounds funny. No?

Regards
DL
Strange that his last words were not, at any rate, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?". Yes, someone is lying.

That aside.

Jesus and the Father were one, yes, when they were one. Not when he was a curse.

Who was a curse, when?

Regards
DL

He knew. Some of his disciples knew also,

This is biblically in-accurate.

Jesus asked his disciple, who do you think I am. Some named older prophets but none said god.

Regards
DL
Matthew 8:27-30
27Then Jesus and His disciples went on to the villages around Caesarea Philippi. On the way, He questioned His disciples: “Who do people say I am?”

28They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, one of the prophets.”

29“But what about you?” Jesus asked. “Who do you say I am?”

Peter answered, “You are the CHRIST/MESSIAH.”

30And Jesus warned them not to tell anyone about Him.

Indicating that it was a lie. Right?

He would not deny his people the truth would he?

Regards
DL

Further.

Regards
DL

First of all, the spelling Yahweh is wrong in English - all names with the Divine Name in the prefix begin with long form "Jeho" as in Jehoshua, or short form Jo as in Joshua and John or short form Je as in Jeshua and Jesus.

Secondly: Jesus was/is not Jehovah. Jesus is the Son of God while Jehovah is the Father.

Third, Jesus was a Jew and worshiped the God of the Jews who is Jehovah (in English). For example, in Jesus model prayer (aka Lord's prayer aka our Father) Jesus said:

Matthew 6:9 - KJV
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Jesus said "thy name" not "my name."

As a Jew, Jesus prayed to Jehovah (not himself of course).

Fourth - The name Jesus is defined: "Jehovah is salvation" - which is the same definition of Hebrew names which are translated into English: Jeshua, Joshua, Jehoshua and in the suffix: Isaiah, Hosea, Hoshea.

Finally, Jesus knew why Jehovah had forsaken him - he was quoting the first verse of one of the Jew's sacred songs - Psalms 22:1, Those who knew the song would then realize many verses of the
Psalm were fulfilled in Jesus.

Jesus Himself claimed to be the promised Messiah. When He talked with a woman at a well in Samaria, she said, “ ‘I know that Messiah is coming’ (who is called Christ). ‘When He comes, He will tell us all things.’ Jesus said to her, ‘I who speak to you am He’ ” (John 4:25, 26).

Since Jesus' suicide failed to fulfill the prophesy, he was obviously lying. Right?

He did not rise and take control of the Jews as prophesied, so must have been lying. Right?

Regards
DL

Those who knew the song would then realize many verses of the

You forgot to mention that Jesus is a Greek word.

I don't care.

Jesus did quoted Psalm, but he failed to return to lead the Jews and thus did not fulfil the prophesy. His suicide was wasted and useless.

He likely realized that when he asked god why he had forsaken him.

It makes Jesus sound like a whiny little bitch.

Regards
DL

Jes
No J in Heblew so....NO. That means there are no Jews so it IsNtReal

Have you ever wondered why Christianity chose to use the name Jesus, which is a Greek word?

I think they wanted to take the Jew-ness out of Jesus.

Regards
DL
Jesus is the English translation of the Greek spelling of the name Iesous which is the Greek spelling of the Hebrew name Joshua (Yeshua) in English (see my above post). There were a number of Jews with this name in the Bible. No man is named Jehovah in the Bible.

Jes

Have you ever wondered why Christianity chose to use the name Jesus, which is a Greek word?

Regards
DL
Jesus is the English translation of the Greek spelling of the name Iesous which is the Greek spelling of the Hebrew name Joshua (Yeshua) in English (see my above post). There were a number of Jews with this name in the Bible. No man is named Jehovah in the Bible.

By whatever you want to call your genocidal and infanticidal god, I still call him satanic.

Who is more likely to use genocide? Satan or Jehovah?

Tell us why you are a Satan worshiper.

Regards
DL

I don't care.

Jesus did quoted Psalm, but he failed to return to lead the Jews and thus did not fulfil the prophesy. His suicide was wasted and useless.

Regards
DL

The reasons Jehovah forsook Jesus are explained in Isaiah chapter 53. For example, the Messiah was to pour out his soul unto death as a sin offering for atonement as foretold in Isaiah 53:10,12. Christendom denies this, teaching instead that only Jesus body died. Compare Daniel 9:24-27 where it is foretold Messiah would be "cut off" (executed) for our atonement so there was no longer a need for animal sacrifices.

Jesus Himself claimed to be the promised Messiah. When He talked with a woman at a well in Samaria, she said, “ ‘I know that Messiah is coming’ (who is called Christ). ‘When He comes, He will tell us all things.’ Jesus said to her, ‘I who speak to you am He’ ” (John 4:25, 26).

Since Jesus' suicide failed to fulfill the prophesy, he was obviously lying. Right?

He did not rise and take control of the Jews as prophesied, so must have been lying. Right?

Regards
DL

Some of your posts are disrespectful which is why I am not responding to everything you are posting. You have hit on many good reasoning points - but you are not perfect (neither am I) - we all make mistakes.

Jesus did not commit suicide. His death on a torture stake (not a cross btw) was a fulfillment of Deuteronomy 21:23 (Hebrew ets/stake/pole) by becoming a curse instead of us as Paul quotes Deut.21:23 at Galatians 3:13 (Greek xylon/pole/stake). Some Jews made false charges against Jesus - Pilate knew Jesus was not guilty of a capital offense, but those Jews (not his Jewish followers) demanded he be executed by the Romans for sedition.

Jesus explained:

Matthew 23:39
For I say to you, you will by no means see me from now until you say, ‘Blessed is the one who comes in Jehovah’s name!’”

Jesus is here quoting Psalms 118:26 where the Divine Name appears twice in the original Hebrew text and in the then current Greek Septuagint translation (LXX).

Modern Jews refuse to say the words of this verse of this sacred song - substituting "Lord" and refusing to utter the Divine Name. Christendom's Bible translations do the same.

Jesus did not take control of anyone including the Jews - nor was this foretold to happen - see Isaiah chapter 53 and Daniel 9:24-27.

I don't care.

Regards
DL
What you intend for evil, God is using for good.

Further.

Regards
DL

Strange that there are two different sayings for his last words. Someone is lying.

That aside.

Jesus also said that he and the Father were one. If you have seen me, you have seen the father.

Regards
DL
Strange that his last words were not, at any rate, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?". Yes, someone is lying.

That aside.

Jesus and the Father were one, yes, when they were one. Not when he was a curse.

Who was a curse, when?

Regards
DL
Jesus was a curse while on the Cross (Gal 3:10-13).

Know the Bible before you preach it. If you're preaching subject matter contrary to the Bible, then kudos on a job well done.

Further.

Regards
DL

That aside.

Regards
DL

That aside.

Who was a curse, when?

Regards
DL
Jesus was a curse while on the Cross (Gal 3:10-13).

Know the Bible before you preach it. If you're preaching subject matter contrary to the Bible, then kudos on a job well done.

It was NOT a cross:

Deuteronomy 21:23 (Hebrew ets)
New International Version
you must not leave the body hanging on the pole overnight. Be sure to bury it that same day, because anyone who is hung on a pole is under God's curse. You must not desecrate the land the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance.

Galatians 3:13 (Greek xylon/xulon)
New International Version
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole."

Some Bible translations have the Bible contradict itself - in some verses saying Jesus died on a cross (Greek stauros/stake) and in other verses on a tree. Obviously Jesus died on only one death instrument - correct translations render the two Greek words and Hebrew ets according to their harmonious overlapping definition: stake/pole.

Can you imagine Jesus lugging a whole tree down the street??

An example of Christendom's Bible translations making the Bible appear to contradict itself:

Acts 5:30
(KJV) The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.

Hebrews 12:2
(KJV) Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Jesus died on a cross or a tree?

NIV is correct at Galatians 3:13 quoting Deuteronomy 21:23 rendering Hebrew ets and Greek xylon/xulon as "pole" thus preserving the internal harmony of those Scriptures. However....

I don't care.

Regards
DL
I have chosen the better portion and it will not be taken from me.

Jes

Regards
DL

Jews did not call themselves Peter Paul or Mary either, and I don't know if any Jews called themselves Jehovah.

You are correct that no one in scriptures is named Jehovah. There are many more Jewish names than what scriptures show.

How can you know that Jews were not using that name as a fact?

I don't think we can know that as a fact.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back