Zone1 The Jews (who remain such) should recall their man Moses spoke of Jesus

1miseryindex

Platinum Member
Nov 17, 2023
USA
So, as the Word says, "If they do not believe Moses and the prophets, neither will they listen to one who returns from the dead (Luke 1619)

People believe (in other words) what they "want" to believe...

Why would the Jews wait for a better Messiah than Jesus? He healed people, He caused them to rise from the dead...

What more could they possibly ask for???

The most esteemed Jews and much of Israeli citizens don't have a problem with Jesus. Many don't even know much about him, some don't even know he was a Jewish rabbi.

The issue is, "was he divine?". A son of G-d? Some believe an extension of G-d himself.

Jews don't believe so.

The most esteemed Jews and much of Israeli citizens don't have a problem with Jesus. Many don't even know much about him, some don't even know he was a Jewish rabbi.

The issue is, "was he divine?". A son of G-d? Some believe an extension of G-d himself.

Jews don't believe so.
He was God himself.

If they knew what I and other Catholics know, they would definitely believe in Him and love Him

It is imperative that they research Jesus. I know some of them do.. and some convert.

So, as the Word says, "If they do not believe Moses and the prophets, neither will they listen to one who returns from the dead (Luke 1619)

Why would the Jews wait for a better Messiah than Jesus? He healed people, He caused them to rise from the dead...

They wanted a warrior king.

But since Jews discount Luke, its contents have no bearing. Since there is no mention of Jesus in the Jewish texts, it seems strange to insist that people who were given the texts (in the language those people used) don't believe what you believe.

Calling Jesus a messiah is inaccurate as he was never anointed with Shemen Hamishcha (the oil of anointing). He lacked the personal requirements to be a messianic figure. He didn't do what the promised future king messiah will do. In other words, Jews recall exactly what Moses said and that's why we don't have any interest in Jesus.

He was God himself.

If they knew what I and other Catholics know, they would definitely believe in Him and love Him

It is imperative that they research Jesus. I know some of them do.. and some convert.
You see, this is the issue that Jews and others have. Even him being the Messiah is difficult to accept, but being G-d himself?

It is difficult to fathom for a number of reasons.

But since Jews discount Luke, its contents have no bearing. Since there is no mention of Jesus in the Jewish texts, it seems strange to insist that people who were given the texts (in the language those people used) don't believe what you believe.

Calling Jesus a messiah is inaccurate as he was never anointed with Shemen Hamishcha (the oil of anointing). He lacked the personal requirements to be a messianic figure. He didn't do what the promised future king messiah will do. In other words, Jews recall exactly what Moses said and that's why we don't have any interest in Jesus.
so saith the false prophets

You see, this is the issue that Jews and others have. Even him being the Messiah is difficult to accept, but being G-d himself?

It is difficult to fathom for a number of reasons.
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us" St John Chapter one

Who the fuck are you to decide another individual's religious practice.

yes, but there have been 2000 years since that disappointment first ensued
I don't see what the disappointment is. God has given you an instruction book with the answers..i gave you two of them. What's this disapointment you're speaking of? There will come a time when God's chosen and God knows who they are, will recognize Christ as their messiah.

The problem for many Jews is they don't understand the Messiah had to come as the sacrificial lamb first.

The problem for many Jews is they don't understand the Messiah had to come as the sacrificial lamb first.
since that's not at all part of Jewish understanding, an understanding which predates Jesus' birth, maybe it isn't that Jews don't understand, but that this particular interpretation is simply not grounded in the texts and beliefs that Jews hold and have held.

I don't see what the disappointment is. God has given you an instruction book with the answers..i gave you two of them. What's this disapointment you're speaking of? There will come a time when God's chosen and God knows who they are, will recognize Christ as their messiah.
I was speaking of the JEWS' disappointment

in Jesus as Messiah

why isn't it?

They are the ones who were always sacrificing lambs
yes, but not people. And also sacrificing birds, goats, bulls, rams and flour. So? The paschal offering of a lamb was not a sin sacrifice. So in what sense would Jesus be a sacrificial lamb? And how can one sacrifice a person in Judaism?

yes, but not people. And also sacrificing birds, goats, bulls, rams and flour. So? The paschal offering of a lamb was not a sin sacrifice. So in what sense would Jesus be a sacrificial lamb? And how can one sacrifice a person in Judaism?
Jesus knew he would be sacrificed.

I don't claim to fully understand this mystery myself: why God had to come to Earth and let humans kill Him... and in such a godawfully cruel and Horrifying way

I know u won't take my suggestion here, but praying the rosary helps people to understand the Crucifixion and other events in the life of Christ.

I can't speak for anyone else, but when I am deep into the rosary prayers, it is like I am THERE... 2000 years ago...

since that's not at all part of Jewish understanding, an understanding which predates Jesus' birth, maybe it isn't that Jews don't understand, but that this particular interpretation is simply not grounded in the texts and beliefs that Jews hold and have held.

Abraham and Isaac.

Forum List

Back