Zone1 The Jews (who remain such) should recall their man Moses spoke of Jesus

Jesus knew he would be sacrificed.

I don't claim to fully understand this mystery myself: why God had to come to Earth and let humans kill Him... and in such a godawfully cruel and Horrifying way

I know u won't take my suggestion here, but praying the rosary helps people to understand the Crucifixion and other events in the life of Christ.

I can't speak for anyone else, but when I am deep into the rosary prayers, it is like I am THERE... 2000 years ago...
good luck with that, then. It is perfectly reasonable to find solace, meaning and even experiential understanding through prayer, but that works for you as a Christian. Claiming that there is anything in the texts that another culture uses that defines your behavior, when you are using a selective approach to the base texts is not useful.

good luck with that, then. It is perfectly reasonable to find solace, meaning and even experiential understanding through prayer, but that works for you as a Christian. Claiming that there is anything in the texts that another culture uses that defines your behavior, when you are using a selective approach to the base texts is not useful.
i don't get the last sentence

He really, really didn't.

You believe what you want to believe... but leave us out of it.

We have enough problems without having to take the blame for Jesus.
i would tend to t hink if you wanted to be left out of it

you could simply not respond?

just a thought

you choose a select verse or two (in translation) and tell those who learn the whole thing in the Hebrew what it must mean.
I've read the entire DR Bible

and actually, I have heard Scripture daily or nearly daily for many many years... I dont just take 2 scripture psgs and... whatever

But you know... In the end it comes down to faith. My faith is often ... uh... well, I have doubts about this and that.. Who doesn't?

But I know Jesus, have been in His tangible PRESENCE in the Church, the only place you find it.. and He is more real to me than anyone else... And no one could ever take that from me. So again, it is about FAITH

which means that no one can explain fully his or her faith, to the point that others who don't have it will understand.. so don't ask the impossible

I don't think any person was sacrificed there.
I also think that the event you speak of was before the giving of law.
It's a picture of the Father willing to sacrifice his only son and a lamb. Abraham was going to kill his son until God stopped him because he saw Abraham was obedient and God provided the lamb.

It uses the word for "ram" (ayil) which is different for a word for "lamb". The lamb must be only a year old (Ex 12:5)
How about this....this occurred before the law of Leviticus. Does that work?

Forum List

Back