Was Jesus aware of being Yahweh?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

I have wondered how Christians rationalized Jesus' last words --- "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

Jesus seems unaware that he was God.

What did Jesus mean by forsaken?

The usual definition means abandoned or deserted.

How can one abandon or desert themselves?

If Jesus knew he was Yahweh, how did he feel about the poor reputation the Jews gave Yahweh?

Is that why the Jews tried to kill Jesus more than once before the cross got him?

Further.

Jesus also said that he and god were one, yet scriptures seem to show Jesus as Yahweh’s good side and Yahweh as the evil side.

If Jesus/Yahweh shared the some consciousness, which they would have to given that there is only one god in Christianity, why are they so different?

Regards
DL

I have wondered how Christians rationalized Jesus' last words --- "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

If Jesus knew he was Yahweh, how did he feel about the poor reputation the Jews gave Yahweh?

Is that why the Jews tried to kill Jesus more than once before the cross got him?

Further.

Jesus also said that he and god were one, yet scriptures seem to show Jesus as Yahweh’s good side and Yahweh as the evil side.

If Jesus/Yahweh shared the some consciousness, which they would have to given that there is only one god in Christianity, why are they so different?

Regards
DL
It sure LOOKS that (Yah) way.........

Naw .Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani means, in Aramaic, for this purpose I served.Alt. I commend my spirit

The other is how King James liked it written(second edition). You do trust kings don't you ?

The ole king added puctuation too.
Verily I say unto you ,today you'll be with me in heaven.
Verily I say unto you today, you'll be with me in heaven.
Which was it ? Neither. He told the thief you'll be with my in paradise. NOT heaven.He never went to heaven when he was crucified. He went to Sheol. He ascended to heaven after he came back from "Abrahams bosom"/paradise.Thats where that thief was too. Noah and many others were also there.
Some say they also ascended form "paradise" to Heaven, when Yeshu did. Some say it wont be until he comes back. The jury is out on that. Maybe I'll ask a scientologist, moron or other scholar. Perhaps a child molester in a black robe.

Further.

Regards
DL

The Evans will say to you, Jesus was unaware he was Son of God until he died.

He and God are one, he means he was thinking like God, (he was a hyper religious jew-me), they will tell you. So no I do not believe he thought he was Yahweh.

Yet I am an unbeliever. Jesus is not who they say he is, there were many named Jesus (around 15 if I remember right), and there might of been one that was a walking preacher (rabbi) or heck there might of been more than one.

Further.

Regards
DL
He knew. Some of his disciples knew also, but until the resurrection of Christ from the dead happened, that put Christ's work in their minds as a new perspective--that their beliefs became actualized.

if jesus was god why would he talk to himself?......when he was in the garden praying....who would god pray to?.....and why would the most advanced being there is subject himself to the shit he went through?...Jesus was not god....

Further.

Regards
DL
The Trinity isn't some mystery to be solved. It is a relationship to be entered into.

What you intended for evil, God has used for good. :)

Further.

Regards
DL

The Evans will say to you, Jesus was unaware he was Son of God until he died.

He and God are one, he means he was thinking like God, (he was a hyper religious jew-me), they will tell you. So no I do not believe he thought he was Yahweh.

Yet I am an unbeliever. Jesus is not who they say he is, there were many named Jesus (around 15 if I remember right), and there might of been one that was a walking preacher (rabbi) or heck there might of been more than one.
Not exactly a belief endorsed in the catechism.

No J in Heblew so....NO. That means there are no Jews so it IsNtReal
The oldest English use of “Jew” on record, according to the Oxford English Dictionary (which is where one looks up this kind of thing) is from roughly 1275: “Pilates hym onswerede, am ich Gyv enne?” It is a translation taken from the New Testament: "Pilate answered, Am I a Jew?" (John 18:35).

or take your pick:

Last edited:

Further.

Regards
DL
Those weren't Jesus' last words. In his last utterance, he referred to God as his Father again. “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit!” (Lk 23:46).

Further.

Regards
DL
It sure LOOKS that (Yah) way.........

From what?

The text does not indicate that to me.

Regards
DL

Naw .Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani means, in Aramaic, for this purpose I served.Alt. I commend my spirit

The other is how King James liked it written(second edition). You do trust kings don't you ?

Romans would not use Aramaic to talk to Jews.

If the scribes wanted to use your interpretation, they would have.

Regards
DL

heck there might of been more than one.

I see at least two Jesus' in scriptures.

One is a Rome created Jesus who wants to slave us to Rome and Christianity. The wimpy passive one.

The other id the Gnostic Christian free thinker that wants to free us from the slavery to governments and religions.

I like the latter, and you would likely as well, if you were inclined to freedom of though, and shun the former.

Regards
DL

Further.

Regards
DL
Those weren't Jesus' last words. In his last utterance, he referred to God as his Father again. “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit!” (Lk 23:46).

No his last words were it is finished

John 19:30

Forum List

Back