Voters Want Permanent Mail-In Voting, Allowing Felons to Vote ... and Voter ID

YouGov interviewed 1,151 respondents who were then matched down to a sample of 1,000 to produce the final dataset.

Not a large enough sample. That said, no to mail in voting. Felons should be able to vote after the cases are dismissed. Yes to Voter ID as well.

Mail in voting is great for the elderly or people whithout transportation or people with disabilities or young mothers or people in rural areas.

YouGov interviewed 1,151 respondents who were then matched down to a sample of 1,000 to produce the final dataset.

Not a large enough sample. That said, no to mail in voting. Felons should be able to vote after the cases are dismissed. Yes to Voter ID as well.

Mail in voting is great for the elderly or people whithout transportation or people with disabilities or young mothers or people in rural areas.
It's also great for committing election fraud.

More people voting is scary......

To a conservative
Voting should require some level of education beyond name recognition.

Universal/easy voting is for failed democracies, hot a healthy REPUBLIC.

No wonder the Democrats want easy voting

There is no safe way to differentiate as to who should vote or not, so universal voting is the safest.

If they are serving parole, I don't see a problem with doing so. They should be allow to vote.

"In 2021, Washington passed HB 1078 restoring voting rights to citizens on parole."
In my state of Maine, prisoners can legally vote...while serving time behind bars... Most prisoners do not take advantage of it, and do not vote while serving their time, though.

This was the case with all states, prisoners could vote. It was not u til after the civil war, that States began to change their laws to not allowing prisoners to vote.
Until 1819 only white land owners were allowed to vote. So. There are currently 10 or fewer states that allow felons to vote.
I think there are only two, remaining states that still allow felons to vote if they want to.

The two whitest populated states in the nation, Maine and Vermont...never restricted felons, is my understanding.

Restricting felons from voting, primarily occurred in the States...beginning in the south then spreading out to all other states, after black men, were given the right to vote. Disproportionately, black men were in prisons, restricting felons of their constitutional right to vote, was the purpose of restricting black felons.

Yes, it was primarily the Democratic party that lead the charge, initially....again, from what I have read.
Did you know the first gun control laws were designed to prevent blacks from having guns? I guess that means gun control laws are racist, and anyone who supports them is a racist. In fact, that is the case.
Were those gun control laws put in under Reagan??? Vaguely remember Reagan being part of that....??
You believe the first gun control laws were created under Reagan?

You put the "stup" in stupid.
The first major gun control laws were created by conservatives targeted at black folks.........many many black folks formed gun clubs for the purpose of protecting themselves from racists when it was clear the police were not doing anything about it....
View attachment 486573

Which is why the NRA was very silent when some of these laws were put in place......
View attachment 486574

Which is why famous black gun rights activists said things like this.....

View attachment 486571

Great post.
Yes, people seem to forget that gun control originated by the wealthy elite to make it easier to lynch Blacks, immigrants, and labor organizers.
The main gun control acts were passed by Republicans until the 1990s, when Bill Clinton supported the Assault Weapons ban.
Before then democrats did not support gun control, and gun control is always elitist, unsafe, undemocratic.

OR is mail in only, and it works great.
No waiting on line, having to rush after work, etc.
The only concern I might have is that dominant spouses might prevent spousal disagreement and independent voting?

Illegal Ballot harvesting is definitely a problem needing some constraints and fixing....

So we end up with frozen burger cooked sandwiches from China as opposed to fast food from mickee dees here. We nuke it all.

Mail in voting is great for the elderly or people without transportation or people with disabilities or young mothers or people in rural areas.

I don't see how?
Mail in voting means the Post Office can check the voter registration lists and use the address to verify.
This is better ID check than can be done at a polling station.
The Post Office also knows when someone dies, moves, etc.
They can easily prevent multiple votes.
The only problem I could imagine is when relatives open the mail of invalids, elderly, etc., and could then vote for them.

To a conservative

There is no safe way to differentiate as to who should vote or not, so universal voting is the safest.
There are all kinds of ways to limit voting to those who are responsible and love America.

OR is mail in only, and it works great.
No waiting on line, having to rush after work, etc.
The only concern I might have is that dominant spouses might prevent spousal disagreement and independent voting?

That never occurred to me.

To a conservative

There are all kinds of ways to limit voting to those who are responsible and love America.

How?
You can't base it on income or education, because those are not at all fair.
Lots of poor or uneducated people are know are smarter, better informed, and more honest than many of the wealthy and degreed people I know.
In fact, the most wealthy and educated people I know tend to be the most greedy, selfish, and lacking in empathy.

To a conservative

But Australia is not a failed Democracy. Not in the least.

Yet it is required for all adult citizens, to vote....?

Compulsory Voting In Australia | AustralianPolitics.com

https://australianpolitics.com/voting/compulsory-voting
Compulsory Voting In Australia, it is compulsory for all citizens over the age of 18 to enrol and to vote. Australia maintains a national electoral roll, or list, based upon the 150 electorates in the House of Representatives. All citizens over the age of 18 are required to enroll.....

Mail in voting is great for the elderly or people without transportation or people with disabilities or young mothers or people in rural areas.

I don't see how?
Mail in voting means the Post Office can check the voter registration lists and use the address to verify.
The only problem I could imagine is when relatives open the mail of invalids, elderly, etc., and could then vote for them.
Mail-in voting creates many opportunities for people to intercept a ballot or to create false ballots. The mail man is not the proper person to check the identity of a voter. They don't do what you're suggesting. They simply collect the mail. If the Post Office is so good at knowing whether someone is a valid voter, then why are the rolls so full of people who aren't legal to vote? How would they prevent multiple votes?

I don't see how?
Mail-in voting creates many opportunities for people to intercept a ballot or to create false ballots. The mail man is not the proper person to check the identity of a voter. They don't do what you're suggesting. They simply collect the mail. If the Post Office is so good at knowing whether someone is a valid voter, then why are the rules so full of people who aren't legal to vote? How would they prevent multiple votes?

Have you voted by mail? I have for ten years. Trump votes by mail.

I don't see how?
Mail-in voting creates many opportunities for people to intercept a ballot or to create false ballots. The mail man is not the proper person to check the identity of a voter. They don't do what you're suggesting. They simply collect the mail. If the Post Office is so good at knowing whether someone is a valid voter, then why are the rules so full of people who aren't legal to vote? How would they prevent multiple votes?

Trump is often not at his home in Palm Beach when he votes. He has a reason to vote absentee.

The fact that you voted by mail does not prove that it's not a vector for fraud.

I don't see how?

Trump is often not at his home in Palm Beach when he votes. He has a reason to vote absentee.

The fact that you voted by mail does not prove that it's not a vector for fraud.

How do YOU vote?

I don't see how?

How do YOU vote?
In person, nitwit.

Forum List

Back