Voters Want Permanent Mail-In Voting, Allowing Felons to Vote ... and Voter ID

YouGov interviewed 1,151 respondents who were then matched down to a sample of 1,000 to produce the final dataset.

Not a large enough sample. That said, no to mail in voting. Felons should be able to vote after the cases are dismissed. Yes to Voter ID as well.
Why shouldn't they also be allowed to own a firearm?
Depends on the prior charges. Also that needs to be a case by case thingy.

If they are serving parole, I don't see a problem with doing so. They should be allow to vote.

"In 2021, Washington passed HB 1078 restoring voting rights to citizens on parole."
In my state of Maine, prisoners can legally vote...while serving time behind bars... Most prisoners do not take advantage of it, and do not vote while serving their time, though.

This was the case with all states, prisoners could vote. It was not u til after the civil war, that States began to change their laws to not allowing prisoners to vote.
yeah, just think of it, lets say 100,000 felons decide they wont vote, but in elections there are 100,000 extra votes that just seem to go to the Democrats...We know all about it
Please don't try to baffle me, with your bull shit. :lol: I'm not easily fooled...
Bwaaahhhaaaaaa....you do know you just made a joke?

1619833226277.png

YouGov interviewed 1,151 respondents who were then matched down to a sample of 1,000 to produce the final dataset.

Not a large enough sample. That said, no to mail in voting. Felons should be able to vote after the cases are dismissed. Yes to Voter ID as well.
So in some cases you would not restore a felons 2nd Amendment rights.

Is that what you're saying?

If they are serving parole, I don't see a problem with doing so. They should be allow to vote.

"In 2021, Washington passed HB 1078 restoring voting rights to citizens on parole."
In my state of Maine, prisoners can legally vote...while serving time behind bars... Most prisoners do not take advantage of it, and do not vote while serving their time, though.

This was the case with all states, prisoners could vote. It was not u til after the civil war, that States began to change their laws to not allowing prisoners to vote.
Until 1819 only white land owners were allowed to vote. So. There are currently 10 or fewer states that allow felons to vote.
I think there are only two, remaining states that still allow felons to vote if they want to.

The two whitest populated states in the nation, Maine and Vermont...never restricted felons, is my understanding.

Restricting felons from voting, primarily occurred in the States...beginning in the south then spreading out to all other states, after black men, were given the right to vote. Disproportionately, black men were in prisons, restricting felons of their constitutional right to vote, was the purpose of restricting black felons.

Yes, it was primarily the Democratic party that lead the charge, initially....again, from what I have read.

So in some cases you would not restore a felons 2nd Amendment rights.

Is that what you're saying?
Yep. There is usually more information behind any case then what the public is aware of. How many car jackings does it take?

Until 1819 only white land owners were allowed to vote. So. There are currently 10 or fewer states that allow felons to vote.
I think there are only two, remaining states that still allow felons to vote if they want to.

The two whitest populated states in the nation, Maine and Vermont...never restricted felons, is my understanding.

Restricting felons from voting, primarily occurred in the States...beginning in the south then spreading out to all other states, after black men, were given the right to vote. Disproportionately, black men were in prisons, restricting felons of their constitutional right to vote, was the purpose of restricting black felons.

Yes, it was primarily the Democratic party that lead the charge, initially....again, from what I have read.
Did you know the first gun control laws were designed to prevent blacks from having guns? I guess that means gun control laws are racist, and anyone who supports them is a racist. In fact, that is the case.

You mean Dim NAZI voters want automatic registration and making the option to vote by mail a permanent fixture of American elections.

Why is a Nazi like yourself, Brian, so opposed to voting?

Because yoar a Nazi, Brian.
I'm not a NAZI, you NAZI asshole. NAZIs came to power through voting, turd. MIllions of German assholes like you voted for Hitler. Now your ilk has installed the Biden regime. Voters like you are destroying civilization.

More people voting is scary......

To a conservative
It should be scary to everyone. More people voting means more stupid people voting. What you want is the stupid to decide who runs this country. That's because you are one of the stupid.
More stupid people voting just counters, the stupid people that were voting already.... No big deal.....

Did you know the first gun control laws were designed to prevent blacks from having guns? I guess that means gun control laws are racist, and anyone who supports them is a racist. In fact, that is the case.
Were those gun control laws put in under Reagan??? Vaguely remember Reagan being part of that....??

Were those gun control laws put in under Reagan??? Vaguely remember Reagan being part of that....??
try again...
The Klan’s Favorite Law – Reason.com
The Special Report of the Anti-Slavery Conference of 1867 complained that freedmen were "forbidden to own or bear firearms and thus.rendered defenseless against assaults" by whites. Or as a letter printed in the Jan. 13, 1866 edition of Harper's Weekly observed: "The militia of this county have seized every gun found in the hands of so-called freedmen in this section of the county. They claim that the Statute Laws of Mississippi do not recognize the Negro as having any right to carry arms."
Just like today in the inner cities, the law abiding blacks dont own guns, thus falling prey to the ANTIFA/BLM klansmen of today. Nothing has changed as Democrats were racists, are racists and always be racists against black people.....

You believe the first gun control laws were created under Reagan?

You put the "stup" in stupid.

To a conservative
It should be scary to everyone. More people voting means more stupid people voting. What you want is the stupid to decide who runs this country. That's because you are one of the stupid.
More stupid people voting just counters, the stupid people that were voting already.... No big deal.....
Wrong. The newer voters are far stupider than the ones who were already voting. That's why they needed voting to be easier, because they are for more stupid. Even you admit they couldn't make it to the polls under the old laws.

All seem reasonable to me.

AMHERST, Mass. – A new nationwide University of Massachusetts Amherst/WCVB poll released today finds that Americans support a wide variety of election reforms, including both those that make voting easier, but also enacting voter ID requirements.​
“From automatic registration to making the option to vote by mail a permanent fixture of American elections, clear majorities of Americans favor making voting easier in the United States,” says Tatishe Nteta, associate professor of political science at UMass Amherst and director of the poll.​
“There is something for both Republicans and Democrats to like – or hate – from what Americans think about electoral reform,” says Raymond La Raja, professor of political science at UMass Amherst and associate director of the poll. “To the chagrin of Democratic officials, the most popular reform is to require all voters to show ID to vote, with 67% of voters supporting this, and roughly a majority saying they strongly support it. It is most popular with Republicans, with an overwhelming 94% supporting it, compared to 71% of Independents and 45% of Democrats. On the other hand, voters love a basket of reforms pushed by Democrats – overall, 57% favor making it a permanent option to vote by mail, 61% want Election Day to be a national holiday and 60% favor allowing former felons to vote after serving time.”​

You mean Dim NAZI voters want automatic registration and making the option to vote by mail a permanent fixture of American elections.

In Michigan, a option to vote by mail passed with over 60% of the vote. That means a good chunk of Republican voters supported it.

To a conservative
Wrong. The newer voters are far stupider than the ones who were already voting. That's why they needed voting to be easier, because they are for more stupid. Even you admit they couldn't make it to the polls under the old laws.

You are the stupid one. Making it easier to vote gives people more opportunity to vote. That means ideas such as drop boxes or a day of 24 hour voting. Republican voters tend to be older and more rural. That makes it easier for them to vote. Younger people who live in suburban counties may have a more difficult time in voting. That is what is meant by making it easier. Also making people jump through more hoops increases the likelihoo0d of making a mistake. That gives Republicans a chance to throw the ballot out.

To a conservative

You are the stupid one. Making it easier to vote gives people more opportunity to vote. That means ideas such as drop boxes or a day of 24 hour voting. Republican voters tend to be older and more rural. That makes it easier for them to vote. Younger people who live in suburban counties may have a more difficult time in voting. That is what is meant by making it easier. Also making people jump through more hoops increases the likelihoo0d of making a mistake. That gives Republicans a chance to throw the ballot out.
How does being more rural make it easier to vote? If anything, it makes it harder. You have to drive long distances to vote. making it easier to vote means more stupid people will vote.

You didn't manage to refute the claim. All you did is list some ways that make it easier to vote, and a number of them are questionable.

AMHERST, Mass. – A new nationwide University of Massachusetts Amherst/WCVB poll released today finds that Americans support a wide variety of election reforms, including both those that make voting easier, but also enacting voter ID requirements.​
“From automatic registration to making the option to vote by mail a permanent fixture of American elections, clear majorities of Americans favor making voting easier in the United States,” says Tatishe Nteta, associate professor of political science at UMass Amherst and director of the poll.​
“There is something for both Republicans and Democrats to like – or hate – from what Americans think about electoral reform,” says Raymond La Raja, professor of political science at UMass Amherst and associate director of the poll. “To the chagrin of Democratic officials, the most popular reform is to require all voters to show ID to vote, with 67% of voters supporting this, and roughly a majority saying they strongly support it. It is most popular with Republicans, with an overwhelming 94% supporting it, compared to 71% of Independents and 45% of Democrats. On the other hand, voters love a basket of reforms pushed by Democrats – overall, 57% favor making it a permanent option to vote by mail, 61% want Election Day to be a national holiday and 60% favor allowing former felons to vote after serving time.”​

In Michigan, a option to vote by mail passed with over 60% of the vote. That means a good chunk of Republican voters supported it.
The stupid ones.

From the bowels of a university, one of many / most known for 'indoctrination', censuring free speech, and 'safe spaces'....yes, of course you can take whatever they say to the proverbial bank.

:p

Forum List

Back