Voters Want Permanent Mail-In Voting, Allowing Felons to Vote ... and Voter ID

All seem reasonable to me.

AMHERST, Mass. – A new nationwide University of Massachusetts Amherst/WCVB poll released today finds that Americans support a wide variety of election reforms, including both those that make voting easier, but also enacting voter ID requirements.​
“From automatic registration to making the option to vote by mail a permanent fixture of American elections, clear majorities of Americans favor making voting easier in the United States,” says Tatishe Nteta, associate professor of political science at UMass Amherst and director of the poll.​
“There is something for both Republicans and Democrats to like – or hate – from what Americans think about electoral reform,” says Raymond La Raja, professor of political science at UMass Amherst and associate director of the poll. “To the chagrin of Democratic officials, the most popular reform is to require all voters to show ID to vote, with 67% of voters supporting this, and roughly a majority saying they strongly support it. It is most popular with Republicans, with an overwhelming 94% supporting it, compared to 71% of Independents and 45% of Democrats. On the other hand, voters love a basket of reforms pushed by Democrats – overall, 57% favor making it a permanent option to vote by mail, 61% want Election Day to be a national holiday and 60% favor allowing former felons to vote after serving time.”​

Vote by mail isn't a problem if the ballot is sent in with photo ID......after it is requested by the voter, rather than a mass voter fraud operation of sending out ballots to everyone....

AMHERST, Mass. – A new nationwide University of Massachusetts Amherst/WCVB poll released today finds that Americans support a wide variety of election reforms, including both those that make voting easier, but also enacting voter ID requirements.​
“From automatic registration to making the option to vote by mail a permanent fixture of American elections, clear majorities of Americans favor making voting easier in the United States,” says Tatishe Nteta, associate professor of political science at UMass Amherst and director of the poll.​
“There is something for both Republicans and Democrats to like – or hate – from what Americans think about electoral reform,” says Raymond La Raja, professor of political science at UMass Amherst and associate director of the poll. “To the chagrin of Democratic officials, the most popular reform is to require all voters to show ID to vote, with 67% of voters supporting this, and roughly a majority saying they strongly support it. It is most popular with Republicans, with an overwhelming 94% supporting it, compared to 71% of Independents and 45% of Democrats. On the other hand, voters love a basket of reforms pushed by Democrats – overall, 57% favor making it a permanent option to vote by mail, 61% want Election Day to be a national holiday and 60% favor allowing former felons to vote after serving time.”​

The trouble is that the people who conducted the survey did not look at shades of gray when they asked about voter id. For example, what kind of id? In some states a utility bill mailed to a permanent address can be used. Also a person can sign a affadavit that is legally binding. I would also have asked whether the government should help people to get a id if it is difficult for them to do so.

State governments already help people get ID for free, even showing up to the home if you can't get to a state office..........

A minor observation, but vote by mail and mandatory voterID are incompatible.

Not necessarily......you must request the vote by mail option, and you must attach a photo id to the ballot, including your SS#....that way when the democrats try to cheat, there is a visual way to check the fake ballots...

If they are serving parole, I don't see a problem with doing so. They should be allow to vote.

"In 2021, Washington passed HB 1078 restoring voting rights to citizens on parole."
Because felons are fine upstanding people who show an ability to exercise good judgement?

If they are serving parole, I don't see a problem with doing so. They should be allow to vote.

"In 2021, Washington passed HB 1078 restoring voting rights to citizens on parole."
In my state of Maine, prisoners can legally vote...while serving time behind bars... Most prisoners do not take advantage of it, and do not vote while serving their time, though.

This was the case with all states, prisoners could vote. It was not u til after the civil war, that States began to change their laws to not allowing prisoners to vote.
yeah, just think of it, lets say 100,000 felons decide they wont vote, but in elections there are 100,000 extra votes that just seem to go to the Democrats...We know all about it
Please don't try to baffle me, with your bull shit. :lol: I'm not easily fooled...

Yeah, because the morally exceptional Democrats would never stoop so low. You are very easily fooled, which is why you vote for Democrats in the first place.

Vote by mail isn't a problem if the ballot is sent in with photo ID......after it is requested by the voter, rather than a mass voter fraud operation of sending out ballots to everyone....
I think a fingerprint on the ID envelope should be required. Positive ID.

I think a fingerprint on the ID envelope should be required. Positive ID.

Yep...how about all 3....picture of the voter, fingerprint, and SS# for mail in ballots..........let's force the democrats to have to work really hard to fake votes.

Easy voting benefits the Demonicrats simply because:
A. Leftists are physically lazy.
B. Leftists are far more mentally lazy, so simple prey.
C. Induces ballot harvesting and coercion, such as for ballot harvesting.

Not necessarily......you must request the vote by mail option, and you must attach a photo id to the ballot, including your SS#....that way when the democrats try to cheat, there is a visual way to check the fake ballots...

Bad idea I think.
You are suggesting that people send ID through the mail twice, once to request the mail ballot be sent to you, and second to return your ID back to you. And that greatly increases opportunities for ID to be stolen.
I would prefer to never mail any ID.
But just like a registered or certified letter, you could have mailpersons who deliver, to check ID?
That would seem pretty good since they also would then automatically be verifying address as well, which really is better than just showing an ID at a polling station, where nothing can really be verified.

By the way, SS is not a good ID. Not only do some people accidentally get issued the same SS#, but it is not well tracked or verified, and a person can get more than one SS#.

Bad idea I think.
You are suggesting that people send ID through the mail twice, once to request the mail ballot be sent to you, and second to return your ID back to you. And that greatly increases opportunities for ID to be stolen.
But just like a registered or certified letter, you could have mailpersons who deliver, to check ID?
That would seem pretty good since they also would then automatically be verifying address as well, which really is better than just showing an ID at a polling station, where nothing can really be verified.

By the way, SS is not a good ID. Not only do some people accidentally get issued the same SS#, but it is not well tracked or verified, and a person can get more than one SS#.

Your thoughts in Photo ID are interesting...

SS# would simply be a quick way to check to make sure the person isn't voting more than once....

The postal service is controlled by the democrat party...so mail people couldn't be trusted...

Bad idea I think.

Your thoughts in Photo ID are interesting...

SS# would simply be a quick way to check to make sure the person isn't voting more than once....

The postal service is controlled by the democrat party...so mail people couldn't be trusted...

My father got all the children a SS# when very young, but later I had to get another one because someone else also had mine. They did not used to track SS# that got used up. Instead, each location had a formula for generating them. And the algorithm sometimes failed when you allocated a block at once, because the starting and ending numbers might be fine, but not one in the middle.
By the way, did you know that the SS algorithm allow you to tell where your SS was allocated?
For example:
{...

Social Security Number Prefix

Number PrefixState Issued
050-134New York
135-158New Jersey
159-211Pennsylvania
212-220Maryland
...}

In my state of Maine, prisoners can legally vote...while serving time behind bars... Most prisoners do not take advantage of it, and do not vote while serving their time, though.

This was the case with all states, prisoners could vote. It was not u til after the civil war, that States began to change their laws to not allowing prisoners to vote.
Until 1819 only white land owners were allowed to vote. So. There are currently 10 or fewer states that allow felons to vote.
I think there are only two, remaining states that still allow felons to vote if they want to.

The two whitest populated states in the nation, Maine and Vermont...never restricted felons, is my understanding.

Restricting felons from voting, primarily occurred in the States...beginning in the south then spreading out to all other states, after black men, were given the right to vote. Disproportionately, black men were in prisons, restricting felons of their constitutional right to vote, was the purpose of restricting black felons.

Yes, it was primarily the Democratic party that lead the charge, initially....again, from what I have read.
Did you know the first gun control laws were designed to prevent blacks from having guns? I guess that means gun control laws are racist, and anyone who supports them is a racist. In fact, that is the case.
Were those gun control laws put in under Reagan??? Vaguely remember Reagan being part of that....??
You believe the first gun control laws were created under Reagan?

You put the "stup" in stupid.
The first major gun control laws were created by conservatives targeted at black folks.........many many black folks formed gun clubs for the purpose of protecting themselves from racists when it was clear the police were not doing anything about it....
.00.00misc (6).jpg

Which is why the NRA was very silent when some of these laws were put in place......
_00.rac008 (28).jpg

Which is why famous black gun rights activists said things like this.....

_00-rac008 (213).jpg

More people voting is scary......

To a conservative
Voting should require some level of education beyond name recognition.

Universal/easy voting is for failed democracies, hot a healthy REPUBLIC.

No wonder the Democrats want easy voting
The only party who SOLELY relies on "name recognition" and hopes that their base voters are uneducated are Republicans...

Which is why they had no party platform other than supporting Trump and which is why Trump himself talked on and on about how much he loved the poorly educated...

Most Republicans do.....because those people are easier to con....as you show daily on this message board

Until 1819 only white land owners were allowed to vote. So. There are currently 10 or fewer states that allow felons to vote.
I think there are only two, remaining states that still allow felons to vote if they want to.

The two whitest populated states in the nation, Maine and Vermont...never restricted felons, is my understanding.

Restricting felons from voting, primarily occurred in the States...beginning in the south then spreading out to all other states, after black men, were given the right to vote. Disproportionately, black men were in prisons, restricting felons of their constitutional right to vote, was the purpose of restricting black felons.

Yes, it was primarily the Democratic party that lead the charge, initially....again, from what I have read.
Did you know the first gun control laws were designed to prevent blacks from having guns? I guess that means gun control laws are racist, and anyone who supports them is a racist. In fact, that is the case.
Were those gun control laws put in under Reagan??? Vaguely remember Reagan being part of that....??

The first major gun control laws were created by conservatives targeted at black folks.........many many black folks formed gun clubs for the purpose of protecting themselves from racists when it was clear the police were not doing anything about it....
View attachment 486573

Which is why the NRA was very silent when some of these laws were put in place......
View attachment 486574

View attachment 486571
You mean they were created by Democrats.

To a conservative

The only party who SOLELY relies on "name recognition" and hopes that their base voters are uneducated are Republicans...

Which is why they had no party platform other than supporting Trump and which is why Trump himself talked on and on about how much he loved the poorly educated...

Most Republicans do.....because those people are easier to con....as you show daily on this message board
How can you prove the rely solely on name recognition? The claim is non-falsifiable. The claim that the party doesn't have a platform is pure horseshit, of course. Lust like everything else you post.

To a conservative

How can you prove the rely solely on name recognition? The claim is non-falsifiable. The claim that the party doesn't have a platform is pure horseshit, of course. Lust like everything else you post.
What is the GOP 2020 party platform....

I'll wait

View attachment 486573

View attachment 486574

View attachment 486571
You mean they were created by Democrats.
No, they were conservatives.......

Which is why you can't name a single prominent conservative who was on the forefront of the Civil Rights movement.....

All you can do is pretend "AFTER THE FACT" that you conservatives were on the right side....which is why accurately discussing history is so triggering to you folks...

Forum List

Back