Voters Want Permanent Mail-In Voting, Allowing Felons to Vote ... and Voter ID

YouGov interviewed 1,151 respondents who were then matched down to a sample of 1,000 to produce the final dataset.

Not a large enough sample. That said, no to mail in voting. Felons should be able to vote after the cases are dismissed. Yes to Voter ID as well.

Mail in voting is great for the elderly or people without transportation or people with disabilities or young mothers or people in rural areas.
It's also great for committing election fraud.

I don't see how?
Mail in voting means the Post Office can check the voter registration lists and use the address to verify.
This is better ID check than can be done at a polling station.
The Post Office also knows when someone dies, moves, etc.
They can easily prevent multiple votes.
The only problem I could imagine is when relatives open the mail of invalids, elderly, etc., and could then vote for them.
Mail-in voting creates many opportunities for people to intercept a ballot or to create false ballots. The mail man is not the proper person to check the identity of a voter. They don't do what you're suggesting. They simply collect the mail. If the Post Office is so good at knowing whether someone is a valid voter, then why are the rules so full of people who aren't legal to vote? How would they prevent multiple votes?

Have you voted by mail? I have for ten years. Trump votes by mail.
Trump is often not at his home in Palm Beach when he votes. He has a reason to vote absentee.

The fact that you voted by mail does not prove that it's not a vector for fraud.

How do YOU vote?
In person, nitwit.

I wouldn't be able to vote if not for mail in voting.

YouGov interviewed 1,151 respondents who were then matched down to a sample of 1,000 to produce the final dataset.

Not a large enough sample. That said, no to mail in voting. Felons should be able to vote after the cases are dismissed. Yes to Voter ID as well.

Mail in voting is great for the elderly or people without transportation or people with disabilities or young mothers or people in rural areas.
It's also great for committing election fraud.

I don't see how?
Mail in voting means the Post Office can check the voter registration lists and use the address to verify.
This is better ID check than can be done at a polling station.
The Post Office also knows when someone dies, moves, etc.
They can easily prevent multiple votes.
The only problem I could imagine is when relatives open the mail of invalids, elderly, etc., and could then vote for them.
Mail-in voting creates many opportunities for people to intercept a ballot or to create false ballots. The mail man is not the proper person to check the identity of a voter. They don't do what you're suggesting. They simply collect the mail. If the Post Office is so good at knowing whether someone is a valid voter, then why are the rules so full of people who aren't legal to vote? How would they prevent multiple votes?

Have you voted by mail? I have for ten years. Trump votes by mail.
Trump is often not at his home in Palm Beach when he votes. He has a reason to vote absentee.

The fact that you voted by mail does not prove that it's not a vector for fraud.

How do YOU vote?
In person, nitwit.

I wouldn't be able to vote if not for mail in voting.
Then you have a reason. Sending out ballots to every voter isn't justified.

More people voting is scary......

To a conservative
Why do Libs / Dems want ignorant uninformed taxpayer dependent filth to vote?
What kind of a nation can be built around such an electorate?
What kind of a company would Amazon be if the board members were ignorant, unwise and uninformed?

What is the argument against former prisoners voting ? If they have done their time that is surely enough.

Here in FL, the public voted to allow felons who've been releasted to vote by a 2:1 margin. Something like half of Republicans voted for it too.
Common sense, helps people get back into "normal" society.
That makes no sense, but I don't expect much from a foreigner. Either one is eligible for their Constitutional rights to be restored or they aren't. It's not a pick and choose proposition.

All seem reasonable to me.

AMHERST, Mass. – A new nationwide University of Massachusetts Amherst/WCVB poll released today finds that Americans support a wide variety of election reforms, including both those that make voting easier, but also enacting voter ID requirements.​
“From automatic registration to making the option to vote by mail a permanent fixture of American elections, clear majorities of Americans favor making voting easier in the United States,” says Tatishe Nteta, associate professor of political science at UMass Amherst and director of the poll.​
“There is something for both Republicans and Democrats to like – or hate – from what Americans think about electoral reform,” says Raymond La Raja, professor of political science at UMass Amherst and associate director of the poll. “To the chagrin of Democratic officials, the most popular reform is to require all voters to show ID to vote, with 67% of voters supporting this, and roughly a majority saying they strongly support it. It is most popular with Republicans, with an overwhelming 94% supporting it, compared to 71% of Independents and 45% of Democrats. On the other hand, voters love a basket of reforms pushed by Democrats – overall, 57% favor making it a permanent option to vote by mail, 61% want Election Day to be a national holiday and 60% favor allowing former felons to vote after serving time.”​

I can promise you that this WILL be the norm. There will never be another free and fair election in this country again. Won't happen.

You can kiss the "idea' of America good-bye.

What is the argument against former prisoners voting ? If they have done their time that is surely enough.

Here in FL, the public voted to allow felons who've been releasted to vote by a 2:1 margin. Something like half of Republicans voted for it too.
That makes no sense, but I don't expect much from a foreigner. Either one is eligible for their Constitutional rights to be restored or they aren't. It's not a pick and choose proposition.
If people have served their time then they have paid their debt to society. They should be able to vote. Otherwise, none of Trumps inner circle would be able to vote.

If people have served their time then they have paid their debt to society. They should be able to vote. Otherwise, none of Trumps inner circle would be able to vote.
Then they should get their 2nd Amendment rights back too? That's the crux of it. Either they are safe to participate in society or they aren't, you can't really have it both ways, limiting some rights and not others.

Then they should get their 2nd Amendment rights back too? That's the crux of it. Either they are safe to participate in society or they aren't, you can't really have it both ways, limiting some rights and not others.
Voting is a lot more important than playing with guns. It isnt the same thing.

Says a Limey who has no rights. You are out of your depth now.

I have the right to vote, self-expression, freedom of association and so on. I certainly dont need the right to carry a machine gun round with me. never have and dont know anyone who has either.

The right to vote is far more important than any other because that is what binds us together as a community. This is how we change things in the first world.

I have the right to vote, self-expression, freedom of association and so on. I certainly dont need the right to carry a machine gun round with me. never have and dont know anyone who has either.

The right to vote is far more important than any other because that is what binds us together as a community. This is how we change things in the first world.
You have privileges granted by your government, you have no rights. They can all be taken at any given moment. You have no clue what real rights are.

Not that I would trust anyone or anything associated with UMASS Amherst, but assuming this poll is correct... it’s nothing more than proof of how many Americans should not be allowed to have any involvement in elections, the election process, or anything related to the US Government.

Simple: Open up now. Everyone that is high risk has access to the vaccine. If they don't get it, that's on them.
Kids are at such low risk that they don't need the vaccine.

The right to vote is far more important than any other
You could not be more wrong. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms FAR exceeds the importance of the right to vote.

1 single bullet could undo the 80 million votes supposedly cast for Mr Biden and Mrs Harris.

All seem reasonable to me.

AMHERST, Mass. – A new nationwide University of Massachusetts Amherst/WCVB poll released today finds that Americans support a wide variety of election reforms, including both those that make voting easier, but also enacting voter ID requirements.​
“From automatic registration to making the option to vote by mail a permanent fixture of American elections, clear majorities of Americans favor making voting easier in the United States,” says Tatishe Nteta, associate professor of political science at UMass Amherst and director of the poll.​
“There is something for both Republicans and Democrats to like – or hate – from what Americans think about electoral reform,” says Raymond La Raja, professor of political science at UMass Amherst and associate director of the poll. “To the chagrin of Democratic officials, the most popular reform is to require all voters to show ID to vote, with 67% of voters supporting this, and roughly a majority saying they strongly support it. It is most popular with Republicans, with an overwhelming 94% supporting it, compared to 71% of Independents and 45% of Democrats. On the other hand, voters love a basket of reforms pushed by Democrats – overall, 57% favor making it a permanent option to vote by mail, 61% want Election Day to be a national holiday and 60% favor allowing former felons to vote after serving time.”​

OMG ...

A UMass Poll.

LMAO @ the stupid shit Leftist are so gullible to believe.

1. voter ID
2. no automatic voter registration
3. mail-in ballot ONLY if requested in advance by the voter
4. no votes for felons
5. online voting using two-factor identity verification

You have privileges granted by your government, you have no rights. They can all be taken at any given moment. You have no clue what real rights are.
Nope, our rights were extracted from our government at swordpoint. They form the basis of your rights.

Nope, our rights were extracted from our government at swordpoint. They form the basis of your rights.
Good luck keeping your so-called rights with those swords, because we all know you have no right to own a gun. Meaning you only have faith in government to keep your so-called rights. Nor is there much you can do when the government abuses or even rescinds your so-called rights. You have privileged granted to you, you do not have rights.

Forum List

Back