What should your personal tax rate be?

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
Joe said he is going to stick it to those earning $400k or more per year and corporations...including doubling capital gains taxes.

What should you pay in taxes and why?

I think 20% of my adjusted gross income should be my tax rate.

I support a consumption based tax. Gross pay should be take home pay. Let the states and national government come up with the rates. Let’s say 5% state, 20% national.

I support a consumption based tax. Gross pay should be take home pay. Let the states and national government come up with the rates. Let’s say 5% state, 20% national.

I feel you. Wont happen. Government does not want you to save.

A dollar is taxed 4 or 5 times currently.

The $400K figure is a lie...that for filing jointly...the real number is $200K...so if you are self-employed and run a pass through business...you'll be hit hard...a lot of small businesses here.

Joe said he is going to stick it to those earning $400k or more per year and corporations...including doubling capital gains taxes.

For the representation that I have gotten for the last 20+ years? ZERO, ZIP, ZILCH, NADA!

Its should not require 50%-60% of our income to govern a damn country. All mooching deadbeat fat ass losers get a job and pay your own damn bills.

The $400K figure is a lie...that for filing jointly...the real number is $200K...so if you are self-employed and run a pass through business...you'll be hit hard...a lot of small businesses here.

If anyone really believes that old fool, they have another thing coming. No tax increase if you make under $400K? Don't bet on it. When Idiot Joe raises taxes on all those wealthy entrepreneurs, they will simply pass that increase on to YOU the consumer in the form of higher prices.

The middle class and poor will end up shouldering most of the cost of Joe's tax plan, period.

The colonies of England went to war with the king of England over a 3 cent tax on tea. They thought it was Tyrannical that some guy would impose his will over the people. Today, with prog slaves, it is just normal for elites to impose their will over them.

If the fucking incompetent corrupt assholes would stop with all these useless government programs and only do the necessary things all of our tax rates would be low.
yes yes yes
anything not directly needed/etc needs to be CUT!!! fking NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone really believes that old fool, they have another thing coming. No tax increase if you make under $400K? Don't bet on it. When Idiot Joe raises taxes on all those wealthy entrepreneurs, they will simply pass that increase on to YOU the consumer in the form of higher prices.

The middle class and poor will end up shouldering most of the cost of Joe's tax plan, period.

Tax increases roll downhill until they hit the poor and middle class. These morons on the left cheer the rich punishment taxes while Dems laugh behind their backs knowing ultimately its the poor and middle class who pay. SUCKERS!!! :auiqs.jpg:

I really have no problem with them treating all cap gains at regular income tax rates. I paid almost $20K in federal taxes last year. I wouldn't mind that if I felt like I had gotten even a little bit of goods and services out of the deal, but nope. Not a thing.

20%, you're killing me!

I paid 13.78% of my 2020 adjusted gross, which according to Edmunds.com for that amount I could have bought a new 2021 Camry with some left over to take care of a chunk of tax, title, and fees.

I'll go no more than 15%.

Forum List

Back