Voters Want Permanent Mail-In Voting, Allowing Felons to Vote ... and Voter ID

YouGov interviewed 1,151 respondents who were then matched down to a sample of 1,000 to produce the final dataset.

Not a large enough sample. That said, no to mail in voting. Felons should be able to vote after the cases are dismissed. Yes to Voter ID as well.

Felons cases are never "dismissed". If you are a "felon", that means you've been convicted of a felony.

The sample size is more than adequate, and is fairly common in political polling.

You really shouldn't opine of stuff that you know nothing about.

YouGov interviewed 1,151 respondents who were then matched down to a sample of 1,000 to produce the final dataset.

Not a large enough sample. That said, no to mail in voting. Felons should be able to vote after the cases are dismissed. Yes to Voter ID as well.

Felons cases are never "dismissed". If you are a "felon", that means you've been convicted of a felony.

The sample size is more than adequate, and is fairly common in political polling.

If felons voted 80% for Repubs would you have a positive view? To me the severity of the crime committed is important also. To condemn someone for their whole life is not good. Making it political as Progs do is not good.

All seem reasonable to me.

AMHERST, Mass. – A new nationwide University of Massachusetts Amherst/WCVB poll released today finds that Americans support a wide variety of election reforms, including both those that make voting easier, but also enacting voter ID requirements.​
“From automatic registration to making the option to vote by mail a permanent fixture of American elections, clear majorities of Americans favor making voting easier in the United States,” says Tatishe Nteta, associate professor of political science at UMass Amherst and director of the poll.​
“There is something for both Republicans and Democrats to like – or hate – from what Americans think about electoral reform,” says Raymond La Raja, professor of political science at UMass Amherst and associate director of the poll. “To the chagrin of Democratic officials, the most popular reform is to require all voters to show ID to vote, with 67% of voters supporting this, and roughly a majority saying they strongly support it. It is most popular with Republicans, with an overwhelming 94% supporting it, compared to 71% of Independents and 45% of Democrats. On the other hand, voters love a basket of reforms pushed by Democrats – overall, 57% favor making it a permanent option to vote by mail, 61% want Election Day to be a national holiday and 60% favor allowing former felons to vote after serving time.”​

The trouble is that the people who conducted the survey did not look at shades of gray when they asked about voter id. For example, what kind of id? In some states a utility bill mailed to a permanent address can be used. Also a person can sign a affadavit that is legally binding. I would also have asked whether the government should help people to get a id if it is difficult for them to do so.

Criminal court cases are always dismissed, ya loon. The sample size does not represent the population of the US. You're an idiot.

Last edited:

AMHERST, Mass. – A new nationwide University of Massachusetts Amherst/WCVB poll released today finds that Americans support a wide variety of election reforms, including both those that make voting easier, but also enacting voter ID requirements.​
“From automatic registration to making the option to vote by mail a permanent fixture of American elections, clear majorities of Americans favor making voting easier in the United States,” says Tatishe Nteta, associate professor of political science at UMass Amherst and director of the poll.​
“There is something for both Republicans and Democrats to like – or hate – from what Americans think about electoral reform,” says Raymond La Raja, professor of political science at UMass Amherst and associate director of the poll. “To the chagrin of Democratic officials, the most popular reform is to require all voters to show ID to vote, with 67% of voters supporting this, and roughly a majority saying they strongly support it. It is most popular with Republicans, with an overwhelming 94% supporting it, compared to 71% of Independents and 45% of Democrats. On the other hand, voters love a basket of reforms pushed by Democrats – overall, 57% favor making it a permanent option to vote by mail, 61% want Election Day to be a national holiday and 60% favor allowing former felons to vote after serving time.”​

Let's do it.

If they are serving parole, I don't see a problem with doing so. They should be allow to vote.

"In 2021, Washington passed HB 1078 restoring voting rights to citizens on parole."
In my state of Maine, prisoners can legally vote...while serving time behind bars... Most prisoners do not take advantage of it, and do not vote while serving their time, though.

This was the case with all states, prisoners could vote. It was not u til after the civil war, that States began to change their laws to not allowing prisoners to vote.

If they are serving parole, I don't see a problem with doing so. They should be allow to vote.

"In 2021, Washington passed HB 1078 restoring voting rights to citizens on parole."
In my state of Maine, prisoners can legally vote...while serving time behind bars... Most prisoners do not take advantage of it, and do not vote while serving their time, though.

This was the case with all states, prisoners could vote. It was not u til after the civil war, that States began to change their laws to not allowing prisoners to vote.
yeah, just think of it, lets say 100,000 felons decide they wont vote, but in elections there are 100,000 extra votes that just seem to go to the Democrats...We know all about it

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA

yeah, just think of it, lets say 100,000 felons decide they wont vote, but in elections there are 100,000 extra votes that just seem to go to the Democrats...We know all about it
Please don't try to baffle me, with your bull shit. :lol: I'm not easily fooled...

Until 1819 only white land owners were allowed to vote. So. There are currently 10 or fewer states that allow felons to vote.

You mean Dim NAZI voters want automatic registration and making the option to vote by mail a permanent fixture of American elections.

Please don't try to baffle me, with your bull shit. :lol: I'm not easily fooled...
Yes you are. You're a Democrat Reich minion.

More people voting is scary......

To a conservative
It should be scary to everyone. More people voting means more stupid people voting. What you want is the stupid to decide who runs this country. That's because you are one of the stupid.

Why shouldn't they also be allowed to own a firearm?

Forum List

Back