Voter Fraud

Thread number 8,098,258 on liberals insinuating that blacks are to stupid to get an I.D.
No one is insinuating that. But getting an ID presents a barrier for some very poor people that you may not understand.
ID is needed for more than voting. If the fact that poor people can't get ID is the issue, why are we pushing for easily exploitable polling places in stead of just pushing for free ID's for poor people? It would be cheaper than most of the free shit we give away, Republicans wouldn't bat an eye about it if it would assuage their trepidation in the security of the election process, and you progs could pat yourselves on the back for using government to do something charitable. Win win win.

I'm sorry, but the fact that such easy solutions are there to solve all of these problems, and the fact that the left has NEVER had a problem justifying giving some free shit to poor people, tells me that voter ID resistance is about more than those poor poor morons who don't have the discipline to save up twenty bucks to go get the documentation necessary to get a job legally, enter certain government buildings, make purchases that are restricted by age, apply for housing, et fucking cetera.

Last edited:
Thread number 8,098,258 on liberals insinuating that blacks are to stupid to get an I.D.
No one is insinuating that. But getting an ID presents a barrier for some very poor people that you may not understand.
ID is needed for more than voting. If the fact that poor people can't get ID is the issue, why are we pushing for easily exploitable polling places in stead of just pushing for free ID's for poor people? It would be cheaper than most of the free shit we give away, Republicans wouldn't bat an eye about it if it would assuage their trepidation in the security of the election process, and you progs could pat yourselves on the back for using government to do something charitable. Win win win.

Because it’s not just the government fees, it’s also getting to and from the location, getting the documents ready, having time off work to do it.

I don’t actually have as big of a problem with this but it would take a lot of effort to get this done for everyone. Not just waiving the fee at the DMV.

Because it’s not just the government fees, it’s also getting to and from the location, getting the documents ready, having time off work to do it.

I don’t actually have as big of a problem with this but it would take a lot of effort to get this done for everyone. Not just waiving the fee at the DMV.
Good God you need an I.D. to get a fucking job legally

God forbid any effort should be extended on behalf of the people who want to have a say in creating rules that the rest of us have to follow.

Also, anyone who doesn't have ID because they can't take time off from work to go get ID, has that job illegally. Something should be done about their employer dodging their taxes and potentially exploiting their workers with under the table arrangements.

Do I really have to put up a list on the things you need a fucking ID for?

Everyone has a fucking I.D. In 2020
No. No they don’t. Not everyone does the things on your list.

God forbid any effort should be extended on behalf of the people who want to have a say in creating rules that the rest of us have to follow.

Also, anyone who doesn't have ID because they can't take time off from work to go get ID, has that job illegally. Something should be done about their employer dodging their taxes and potentially exploiting their workers with under the table arrangements.

Can someone vote using a SS card as ID? I don’t think so.

Can someone vote using a SS card as ID? I don’t think so.
Sorry, but to get a job you have to show your SS AND a valid picture ID so that they can verify that the SS is actually your's. Have you ever been employed?

And I cant help but wonder why filling out paperwork to apply for an ID is so much more cumbersome and unreasonable than filling out a voter registration form, or why going to the DMV is so much harder than going to a polling place. I understand that this all requires some effort, but I'd have to argue that defending the integrity of our electoral process from obvious available points of exploit is worth at least a little bit of try, wouldn't you? Not to mention making sure that impoverished, marginalized and otherwise encumbered US citizens are still in possession of all of the documentation that they need to lead a full and legal existence here in their own home country.

Last edited:
Dems have 3 powerful advantages in presidential elections:

1) a mortal lock on states that provide 240 out of 270 electoral votes
2) a superior handle on the mechanics of turning out voters
3) voter fraud

Sorry, but to get a job you have to show your SS AND a valid picture ID so that they can verify that the SS is actually your's. Have you ever been employed?
Of course but I’m not dirt poor so I don’t have to deal with the same issues.

I’m not going to argue this one. You’re essentially correct. But a lot of people don’t have jobs. Don’t have cars. Don’t have money. It can be a burden.

Take the effort to make sure everyone has gotten an ID and I’m on board. Then you can roll out the requirement. Not before that.

Dems have 3 powerful advantages in presidential elections:

1) a mortal lock on states that provide 240 out of 270 electoral votes
2) a superior handle on the mechanics of turning out voters
3) voter fraud
Given the rarity of voter fraud, it’s hardly a powerful advantage for anyone.

The most striking example in recent memory was a Republican in North Carolina where they had to redo the election.

Of course but I’m not dirt poor so I don’t have to deal with the same issues.

I’m not going to argue this one. You’re essentially correct. But a lot of people don’t have jobs. Don’t have cars. Don’t have money. It can be a burden.

Take the effort to make sure everyone has gotten an ID and I’m on board. Then you can roll out the requirement. Not before that.
That's a reasonable take. I disagree that making sure everybody has their ID ought to be a prerequisite, but you're logically consistent. Good convo, thanks.

Forum List

Back