USMB Coffee Shop IV

1654226246748.png

File this one under things you don't really think about all that much:

What has four letters, sometimes has nine, and never has five

Last edited:
I actually did switch from coffee to tea in the mornings long ago, but coffee causes me belly issues sometimes 😕

I hope you like your tea! I like herbal teas in the afternoon and evening, but don't think I could ever give up my morning coffee.

Last edited:
Saturday morning!

Just got my new Acme summer catalog.

Let the cartoon begin!

Hombre and I receive several publications, including catalogues, during the year that we never bought or bought from, didn't order, and usually aren't interested in. But some of those catalogues are interesting providing gift ideas and such.

Hombre's trusty Canon printer has apparently given up the ghost here. I've done everything I can think of to get it working again and it just won't. Our computers are communicating with it but it can't print. So....I went to Staples and Office Depot on line--we have accounts with both--to check printer prices and all were close to or over $200 up to $500+ which is a lot more printer than we need for home use. So I went to Amazon and sure enough found lots of 4 in 1 printers--they print, scan, copy, fax--for under $100. I picked out an HP that looked adequate and was well rated and then plugged that in to Staples search box and sure enough they had it at a little cheaper than the Amazon price and it comes with 6 months of free ink. Ordered it and it will be here Monday or Tuesday. No delivery charge.

Moral to this story: Don't always trust that the website offers you all a particular business has to offer.

I actually did switch from coffee to tea in the mornings long ago, but coffee causes me belly issues sometimes 😕
My doctor showed me that coffee does slightly irritate the stomach lining causing it to turn briefly red. But a good shot of milk--not cream--cuts the acid so that most people can still enjoy their coffee in moderation.

I hope you like you tea! I like herbal teas in the afternoon and evening, but don't think I could ever give up my morning coffee.
I had a severe gastric bleed awhile back so I no longer take the nsaids for pain/fever and am careful about putting other irritating stuff into the system. But I found that coffee with a good splash of milk--not cream--in moderation - no more than 2 or 3 cups a day--doesn't bother me at all. I also enjoy tea including iced tea and the herbal teas. I know green tea is supposed to be good for us, but I honestly have not been able to learn to appreciate it. Don't like the taste.

Hombre and I receive several publications, including catalogues, during the year that we never bought or bought from, didn't order, and usually aren't interested in. But some of those catalogues are interesting providing gift ideas and such.

Hombre's trusty Canon printer has apparently given up the ghost here. I've done everything I can think of to get it working again and it just won't. Our computers are communicating with it but it can't print. So....I went to Staples and Office Depot on line--we have accounts with both--to check printer prices and all were close to or over $200 up to $500+ which is a lot more printer than we need for home use. So I went to Amazon and sure enough found lots of 4 in 1 printers--they print, scan, copy, fax--for under $100. I picked out an HP that looked adequate and was well rated and then plugged that in to Staples search box and sure enough they had it at a little cheaper than the Amazon price and it comes with 6 months of free ink. Ordered it and it will be here Monday or Tuesday. No delivery charge.

Moral to this story: Don't always trust that the website offers you all a particular business has to offer.
Normally you can't go wrong with an HP Printer.

I had a severe gastric bleed awhile back so I no longer take the nsaids for pain/fever and am careful about putting other irritating stuff into the system. But I found that coffee with a good splash of milk--not cream--in moderation - no more than 2 or 3 cups a day--doesn't bother me at all. I also enjoy tea including iced tea and the herbal teas. I know green tea is supposed to be good for us, but I honestly have not been able to learn to appreciate it. Don't like the taste.

I have two cappuccinos per day - made with whole milk. Black coffee makes my stomach hurt. I don't care for green tea either. The one tea I love is South African Rooibos tea. It is is caffeine free and has lots of antioxidants. So good!

This one speaks for itself, but, while as a former journalist, editor, proofreader etc. I couldn't condone them not looking up the word before they printed it, I feel a bit of empathy here. There are so many times I can't come up with the exact word I'm looking for. I put one down and instinctively know it's wrong but can't figure out why.
1654466174766.png

Last edited:

Forum List

Back