USMB Coffee Shop IV

So sorry. It's tough out there. Your choices aren't easy. Either take a lesser job than you're qualified for or wait out the year which isn't a good option either. But will send up a prayer or two that you find something suitable more quickly than October. Meanwhile economize as much as is possible.

One of the problems is, I have to work from home. I can't stand up for more than two hours without my legs going out on me. Otherwise I'd get a crappy job at a hobby store or something until I get a real job. But I can't even do that anymore.

One of the problems is, I have to work from home. I can't stand up for more than two hours without my legs going out on me. Otherwise I'd get a crappy job at a hobby store or something until I get a real job. But I can't even do that anymore.
You write and spell well. Have you looked into maybe something like medical transcription? The training is fairly short, the pay not too bad, and often it can be done at home. But it does sound like you should be eligible for SSI. You might need some legal help to convince the feds of that though. I wonder if Ringel05 who has some experience with that might be able to point you in directions to proceed on that?

Last edited:

I need a 2 bedroom apartment to accommodate my sewing business. I've spent 5 years on Etsy building my little store and this year my sales are up way up this year after two years of no sales because kids weren't doing sports during lockdowns. But the rolling rack of inventory, and shelves full of fabric take up a lot of room.

It'll be 6 weeks on the 15th since I had my surgery and I'm ditching the walker, and barely using the cane. I'm not quite ready to take my bike back out on the road, but I'm doing better than 10 mph on the stationary bike. I'm sleeping through the night for the first time in years!

Much credit to my surgeon and his amazing team for guiding me throughout. I encourage anyone contemplating this surgery to work hard at building strength in the leg beforehand. And do your physio religiously after. And make sure you get nerve blockers.

1655221534888.png

You write and spell well. Have you looked into maybe something like medical transcription? The training is fairly short, the pay not too bad, and often it can be done at home. But it does sound like you should be eligible for SSI. You might need some legal help to convince the feds of that though. I wonder if Ringel05 who has some experience with that might be able to point you in directions to proceed on that?

I've checked with SSI lawyers, and they say it's very difficult to get somebody on SSI that isn't the right age to get it, or has had something happen to them that requires it.

Believe me, I've checked all this crap out, and get denied with every attempt.

What I don't understand is......how these people with NOTHING wrong with them get it SO FREEKING EASILY!!!

Welp, got the AC unit repaired Saturday. Bad news, the heat index was 103 today and it's expected to be 105 tomorrow where I live.

What a time to be alive.

Yeah, it's been over 100 degrees here in N. Texas for the past couple of weeks.
I can't even go out for a walk anymore. 10 minutes is the limit I can stay outside before I get wobbly and fainty.

I never had a problem with heat until after I recovered from those blood clots I had in 2020. Now I can't stand any heat level over 80 degrees.

I need a 2 bedroom apartment to accommodate my sewing business. I've spent 5 years on Etsy building my little store and this year my sales are up way up this year after two years of no sales because kids weren't doing sports during lockdowns. But the rolling rack of inventory, and shelves full of fabric take up a lot of room.

It'll be 6 weeks on the 15th since I had my surgery and I'm ditching the walker, and barely using the cane. I'm not quite ready to take my bike back out on the road, but I'm doing better than 10 mph on the stationary bike. I'm sleeping through the night for the first time in years!

Much credit to my surgeon and his amazing team for guiding me throughout. I encourage anyone contemplating this surgery to work hard at building strength in the leg beforehand. And do your physio religiously after. And make sure you get nerve blockers.

I've tried many times creating my own home business.
Everybody says they want what I can do, but they think they all deserve it for free!!!
I've tried everything from custom totebags to large stuffed dolls, to custom cakes and desserts.
Everybody fawns over everything I can do, but nobody wants to part with any cash.

So, I just gave up.

I've checked with SSI lawyers, and they say it's very difficult to get somebody on SSI that isn't the right age to get it, or has had something happen to them that requires it.

Believe me, I've checked all this crap out, and get denied with every attempt.

What I don't understand is......how these people with NOTHING wrong with them get it SO FREEKING EASILY!!!
The lawyers were employed by SSI? I think you need a private lawyer who will be on your side instead of theirs. I know too many people personally who managed to get SSI but it did require something of a legal battle because all were initially denied multiple times.

I've tried many times creating my own home business.
Everybody says they want what I can do, but they think they all deserve it for free!!!
I've tried everything from custom totebags to large stuffed dolls, to custom cakes and desserts.
Everybody fawns over everything I can do, but nobody wants to part with any cash.

So, I just gave up.
You have to find a product or service people want or need enough to pay for it, can't easily get anywhere else or as well, and provide it. Hubby and I ran our own home business providing insurance services (premium audits, safety/condition/hazard inspections, appraisals, marketing research etc.) for years because we were good at it, insurance companies needed the service, and it was a lot cheaper to hire us than to hire full time employees to do it. We retired in 2014 due to the crappy economy and we were making too little profit to justify the hassle. We accepted some very temporary jobs after that but now are pretty well completely retired.

The lawyers were employed by SSI? I think you need a private lawyer who will be on your side instead of theirs. I know too many people personally who managed to get SSI but it did require something of a legal battle because all were initially denied multiple times.

I contacted SSI lawyers and lawyers that strictly deal with getting people SSI.

I should! I have some binoculars somewhere but I don’t know what kind.

Not just any old cheap bino. You need to try image stabilized by Canon with superior ULD ED optics. I have the 10X and 15X models. Unbelievable views. Higher power of course gets you closer up farther away. Have a look:

https://www. amazon.com/Canon-12x36-Image-Stabilization-Binoculars/dp/B00XOGP13S?th=1

You can't be without these and still be a nature enthusiast!

Also worth considering are the American made Mavens using fluorite objectives.

https://www. amazon.com/s?k=maven+binocular&crid=35TQVPEXMR348&sprefix=Maven+%2Caps%2C117&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_3_6

Not just any old cheap bino. You need to try image stabilized by Canon with superior ULD ED optics. I have the 10X and 15X models. Unbelievable views. Higher power of course gets you closer up farther away. Have a look:

https://www. amazon.com/Canon-12x36-Image-Stabilization-Binoculars/dp/B00XOGP13S?th=1

You can't be without these and still be a nature enthusiast!

Also worth considering are the American made Mavens using fluorite objectives.

https://www. amazon.com/s?k=maven+binocular&crid=35TQVPEXMR348&sprefix=Maven+%2Caps%2C117&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_3_6
Nice but waaaaay over my price range. I think I’ll make due :). I do want to try and get some phots though, I have a Kodak Easy Share that is pretty decent :)

May I recommend my personal Attorneys...

View attachment 658483
LOL. Hombre always said that if he needed to sue somebody, he would get the meanest, sleaziest attorney he could find because they'd get the best settlement. We've never had to sue anybody so I never found out if he was serious about that. :)

Forum List

Back