USMB Coffee Shop IV

Today is a fabulous day! mr. boe is orchestrating a giant reorganizing project,and is now moving a bunch of stuff that had been stored in my work room for the past few years into a new storage shed. By the end of the weekend, I will have my own work room again! Christmas is early at chez boe this year.

There's something wrong with my PC. The Windows 7 boot on this PC isn't fully loading. It gets to the desktop, but doesn't finish loading everything, I can't really click on anything, even if I'm able to get it to start shutting down, that doesn't finish, either. It's the same sort of problem if I go into safe mode. My Linux Mint boot, on the other hand, is working fine.

I'm guessing it's software, rather than hardware, but Linux can sometimes run on bad hardware that causes Windows to fail, so it's not certain. I'm going to try digging out my Windows disk tomorrow and see if I can do a repair with that. Otherwise I'll have to pull files I want to keep from that partition and try to reinstall Windows. At least I have this Linux boot to let me continue using the PC and accessing the Windows files. It's very annoying to have to deal with it all, though. Plus I worked today, so not the best day ever lol. :p

There's something wrong with my PC. The Windows 7 boot on this PC isn't fully loading. It gets to the desktop, but doesn't finish loading everything, I can't really click on anything, even if I'm able to get it to start shutting down, that doesn't finish, either. It's the same sort of problem if I go into safe mode. My Linux Mint boot, on the other hand, is working fine.

I'm guessing it's software, rather than hardware, but Linux can sometimes run on bad hardware that causes Windows to fail, so it's not certain. I'm going to try digging out my Windows disk tomorrow and see if I can do a repair with that. Otherwise I'll have to pull files I want to keep from that partition and try to reinstall Windows. At least I have this Linux boot to let me continue using the PC and accessing the Windows files. It's very annoying to have to deal with it all, though. Plus I worked today, so not the best day ever lol. :p

We upgraded to Windows 10 and it has proved to a very stable system. However I have had to reinstall it on my laptop a couple of times which once it is installed, Microsoft does the reinstalls for free. The reinstalls sure clear up a lot of glitches though.

Today is a fabulous day! mr. boe is orchestrating a giant reorganizing project,and is now moving a bunch of stuff that had been stored in my work room for the past few years into a new storage shed. By the end of the weekend, I will have my own work room again! Christmas is early at chez boe this year.

Well Merry Christmas early then Boe. :)

In one scene in the movie "Sleepless in Seattle", Sam Baldwin and son Jonah live in a houseboat. And when he is at the deck, a beautiful sailboat all decked out in Christmas lights sails by. Seems Seattle has a Christmas Ship festival in which lots of fishing boats, ferrys, sailboats, yachts and such deck out in Christmas finery for a parade. I would love to see that.

1607846148209.png

1607846336913.png
1607846248550.png

Attachments

• 1607846002368.png
    1607846002368.png
    80.1 KB · Views: 32

If I were you I'd back up all my essential files anyway then try a repair, if the repair doesn't work and you have to do a new clean install you've already done the backup and don't have to wait. What's your hardware configuration? You may want to just upgrade to Win10.

The last two days have basically been rest days getting little piddly things done. Yesterday I felt just kind of blah all over, probably lack of sleep and the "high" humidity messing with my sinuses. Today's not so bad but still feel a little off, decided not to do much today either. Hopefully I'll be better tomorrow. Last Tuesday I had my annual VA appointment, finally told the Doc about the constant (fluctuating severity) pain in my left hip, he did some poking, hit the spot and I almost jumped off the table....... Thankfully my fear of a deteriorating hip socket was unfounded, friggin' bursitis. A steroid shot into the bursa sac and by the time I was heading to my truck my hip felt brand new again. :thup:

The last two days have basically been rest days getting little piddly things done. Yesterday I felt just kind of blah all over, probably lack of sleep and the "high" humidity messing with my sinuses. Today's not so bad but still feel a little off, decided not to do much today either. Hopefully I'll be better tomorrow. Last Tuesday I had my annual VA appointment, finally told the Doc about the constant (fluctuating severity) pain in my left hip, he did some poking, hit the spot and I almost jumped off the table....... Thankfully my fear of a deteriorating hip socket was unfounded, friggin' bursitis. A steroid shot into the bursa sac and by the time I was heading to my truck my hip felt brand new again. :thup:
Damn! Can't tell my left from my right...... Right hip, not left....... :lol:

If I were you I'd back up all my essential files anyway then try a repair, if the repair doesn't work and you have to do a new clean install you've already done the backup and don't have to wait. What's your hardware configuration? You may want to just upgrade to Win10.
That PC is fairly old hardware.

I reinstalled Win7. I’m going through the long process of setting things up again, but at least it seemsto be working. Maybe a software update caused a problem, maybe virus/malware, who knows. It happens, I‘lol hope things go back to normal, and I still have the Linux boot set up if there are more issues :)

Damn! Can't tell my left from my right...... Right hip, not left....... :lol:
As long as the doc gets the correct one :lol:

This one did make me giggle because we have been ordering a lot more stuff instead of shopping this year due to COVID. And I had just commented on FB that we have so many packages going every which way we aren't sure what's still out there. :)

1607974800936.png

Two rednecks were looking at a Sears catalog and admiring the models.
One says to the other, 'Have you seen the beautiful girls in this catalog?'
The second one replies, 'Yes, they are very beautiful. And look at the price!'
The first one says, with wide eyes, 'Wow, they aren't very expensive. At this price, I'm buying one.'
The second one smiles and pats him on the back. 'Good idea! Order one and if she's as beautiful as she is in the catalog, I will get one too.'
Three weeks later, the youngest redneck asks his friend, 'Did you ever receive the girl you ordered from the Sears catalog?'
The second redneck replies, 'No, but it shouldn't be long now. I got her clothes yesterday!'

I was carted out of the Luxurious Pipmplelbutt Estate this morning. I've bee suffering some mobility issues lately and my magnificent brother and I have agreed that the time has come for deeper evavaluation and medical considereration. And so I find myself ensconced on the fifth floor of East Liverpool City Hospital.

Do not be alarmed! Daisy is fine. And I expect to be released, pending some rehab within days. While I do not expecte to be tripping the light fantastic anytime soon, I should be well enough to resume hosting duties as soon as the pandemic wanes.

But today, I want to talk about being taken away by ambulance. I had romantically assumed that an ambulance ride from my home would envolve more sensory elements. The smell of burning gasoline and silicone and paint. The sight of wailing women, upset that their private sanctuaries were crumbling. In short, the wails and whys of "Oh! Nosmo! We hardly knew ye!" The Rock & Roll scenario playing out in my front lawn. Screeching guitars and sadfaced chicks wondering how I might of let it all go bad.

But, alas, here I am. Let me give you an updated tomorrow.

I was carted out of the Luxurious Pipmplelbutt Estate this morning. I've bee suffering some mobility issues lately and my magnificent brother and I have agreed that the time has come for deeper evavaluation and medical considereration. And so I find myself ensconced on the fifth floor of East Liverpool City Hospital.

Do not be alarmed! Daisy is fine. And I expect to be released, pending some rehab within days. While I do not expecte to be tripping the light fantastic anytime soon, I should be well enough to resume hosting duties as soon as the pandemic wanes.

But today, I want to talk about being taken away by ambulance. I had romantically assumed that an ambulance ride from my home would envolve more sensory elements. The smell of burning gasoline and silicone and paint. The sight of wailing women, upset that their private sanctuaries were crumbling. In short, the wails and whys of "Oh! Nosmo! We hardly knew ye!" The Rock & Roll scenario playing out in my front lawn. Screeching guitars and sadfaced chicks wondering how I might of let it all go bad.

But, alas, here I am. Let me give you an updated tomorrow.

Oh wow Nosmo. Hope it is not something serious or results in something you would rather do without. Or not do without as it may be. Glad you're well enough to have a sense of humor though. :)

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys. May the Coffee Shop always be a virtual family for those who need or enjoy one here. Meanwhile we pray or send positive vibes or keep vigil for:

Harper, the inspiration for the vigil list.
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Kat for wellness
JustAnotherNut for wellness
Mindful and healing for her shoulder.
Good results for Nosmo King 's step nephew dealing with difficult surgeries.
Beautress for wellness.
Corazon for wellness.
Ringel, Peach, Gracie, everybody dealing with depression and adjustment.
Mindful's daughter diagnosed with cancer.
Ollie's brother recovering from major surgery.
Nosmo King for healing and health

And we keep the light on so others who have been away can find their way back and we hope they do.

1608021475414.png

In one scene in the movie "Sleepless in Seattle", Sam Baldwin and son Jonah live in a houseboat. And when he is at the deck, a beautiful sailboat all decked out in Christmas lights sails by. Seems Seattle has a Christmas Ship festival in which lots of fishing boats, ferrys, sailboats, yachts and such deck out in Christmas finery for a parade. I would love to see that.

View attachment 428479
View attachment 428481View attachment 428480
They do that in Morro Bay, too. Called Lighted Boat Parade.
Used to watch it every xmas for 30 years.
1608025093348.png

1608025116799.png

1608025139126.png

1608025177472.png

1608025203442.png

Did the shot hurt? I'm thinking I have that too and its not the RA. Then again..my left foot goes numb if I walk too much .....so....who knows?

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys. May the Coffee Shop always be a virtual family for those who need or enjoy one here. Meanwhile we pray or send positive vibes or keep vigil for:

Harper, the inspiration for the vigil list.
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Kat for wellness
JustAnotherNut for wellness
Mindful and healing for her shoulder.
Good results for Nosmo King 's step nephew dealing with difficult surgeries.
Beautress for wellness.
Corazon for wellness.
Ringel, Peach, Gracie, everybody dealing with depression and adjustment.
Mindful's daughter diagnosed with cancer.
Ollie's brother recovering from major surgery.
Nosmo King for healing and health

And we keep the light on so others who have been away can find their way back and we hope they do.

View attachment 429386

Things have turned out not so bad.

She’s had radical surgery. Is at home recovering.

Her follow up further biopsies and surgeon consultation revealed the cancer has been stopped in its tracks. It has not spread, so there will be no chemo.

Can’t visit, because of Covid. So shall be heading back to the eastern Mediterranean. I hope!! I need a test, before travel.....€150.

Forum List

Back