USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys. May the Coffee Shop always be a virtual family for those who need or enjoy one here. Meanwhile we pray or send positive vibes or keep vigil for:

Harper, the inspiration for the vigil list.
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Kat for wellness
JustAnotherNut for wellness
Mindful and healing for her shoulder.
Good results for Nosmo King 's step nephew dealing with difficult surgeries.
Beautress for wellness.
Corazon for wellness.
Ringel, Peach, Gracie, everybody dealing with depression and adjustment.
Mindful's daughter diagnosed with cancer.
Ollie's brother recovering from major surgery.
Nosmo King for healing and health

And we keep the light on so others who have been away can find their way back and we hope they do.

View attachment 429386

Things have turned out not so bad.

She’s had radical surgery. Is at home recovering.

Her follow up further biopsies and surgeon consultation revealed the cancer has been stopped in its tracks. It has not spread, so there will be no chemo.

Can’t visit, because of Covid. So shall be heading back to the eastern Mediterranean. I hope!! I need a test, before travel.....€150.

So good to hear a good outcome. My hubby was lucky that way--prostate cancer but caught early and surgery got it all so no radiation or chemo required. 15 years cancer free now. We'll keep her on the vigil list until they complete all tests.

Is he getting regular follow ups?

Ringel posted a cautionary tale. One to keep in mind.

Yes they do the obligatory annual PSA test and so far no recurrence. But he had an excellent physician at that time who did all the routine checks and they caught it very early. Hombre's brother was too advanced when his was caught and we lost him.

Last edited:
Well shit. I just got a positive result from a COVID test this morning.

Can't go in to work, which is of course bad because I want to be paid. The really bad part is that my Christmas plans have been ended. I was going to drive up to see the little one on Christmas Eve, then drive a little more to see the friends I lived with before coming back down.

My girlfriend got tested at the same time I did, she's negative. The symptoms I had, which were an elevated temperature and general aching like a mild cold, are gone. It's possible that I have a false positive, it's possible I had a cold at the same time as COVID and the cold is gone, it's possible it's just COVID and I'm experiencing varying symptoms, who knows. But I'm stuck at the house for the next X amount of days.

It was last March/early April when first me and then Hombre got the dry cough and headaches which we just never have headaches. Felt a little out of sorts for two or three days. I noticed my feet were blue when I was showering but didn't think any more about it. The symptoms passed, never reoccurred--we were never really sick. But in retrospect I suspect we had the virus and, as it does for the very large % the population, it passed and was gone. We've never been tested, but we still are extra careful not to unduly or unwisely expose ourselves as most of the people we interact with are in the extremely high risk group and we don't want to expose them.

So. . .you are wise to quarantine yourself Montro but I pray the symptoms are mild and short lived for you or never develop at all.

Can't go in to work, which is of course bad because I want to be paid. The really bad part is that my Christmas plans have been ended. I was going to drive up to see the little one on Christmas Eve, then drive a little more to see the friends I lived with before coming back down.

My girlfriend got tested at the same time I did, she's negative. The symptoms I had, which were an elevated temperature and general aching like a mild cold, are gone. It's possible that I have a false positive, it's possible I had a cold at the same time as COVID and the cold is gone, it's possible it's just COVID and I'm experiencing varying symptoms, who knows. But I'm stuck at the house for the next X amount of days.

It was last March/early April when first me and then Hombre got the dry cough and headaches which we just never have headaches. Felt a little out of sorts for two or three days. I noticed my feet were blue when I was showering but didn't think any more about it. The symptoms passed, never reoccurred--we were never really sick. But in retrospect I suspect we had the virus and, as it does for the very large % the population, it passed and was gone. We've never been tested, but we still are extra careful not to unduly or unwisely expose ourselves as most of the people we interact with are in the extremely high risk group and we don't want to expose them.

So. . .you are wise to quarantine yourself Montro but I pray the symptoms are mild and short lived for you or never develop at all.
The health department called earlier. They recommended isolating starting from when I had symptoms, which would be the 9th, for 10 days. If I’m symptom free after that I should be ok.
Unfortunately I don’t know if the symptoms I had were COVID or just a coincidental head cold.
My plan at the moment is to get re-tested next Monday. If that comes back negative and her mom is ok with it, I might still go see the little one. I’m not counting on it, though.
I can’t go back to work until after Christmas weekend
I feel mostly fine, just a little congested. My lady is sleeping in the living room for the next week or so :(

I think I had it too. Dry cough (but I smoke..so who knows?), headaches, aching joints...but I have RA too so not sure if it was or not the virus. My feet have been numb for years so....that doesn't count. I think both MrG and I were exposed cuz he was experiencing headaches too, and still has a dry cough. No fever. No congestion. No snotty noses or sneezing. I figured its allergies now that the leaves are all coming down still.
Regardless, I don't really care one way or another. I don't want to give it to someone else, so I stay far away from everyone...at least 8 feet or more. Yet some doctors are saying it can "float" 30 feet. Others say 6 feet. All this misinformation is ludicrous. I won't wear a mask unless I am forced to in certain stores and docs office. Can't breathe in the damn things, and I can't sneak and just wear it under my nose because I have never been able to breathe thru my nose since I was a kid. I can if I wear those breathe-right strips but I only wear those at night. Doc said when I was little that my nose passages were very VERY thin.

So this wasn't me, but you know, after years of dealing with cats on my desk, I think this just might work.

1608229353890.png

I've basically stolen my neighbour's cat. It's the little black cat in my avatar photo. She was my cat's best friend. She used to come to my back door to call him out to play. He got hit a car a couple of years but she kept coming around looking for him.

A couple of weeks ago, my friend was picking me up, and she asked me if the little black and white cat was a stray. She had been petting the cat and she was awfully thin. My daughter was here and we both noted that her general condition wasn't good at all - dirty, dull coat, and painfully thin. She urged me to take her in.

A couple of days later, when I opened the door to put food out for her, she ran into the house, and didn't leave for two days. My current indoor cat has been very welcoming, and there's been no hissing or fighting. The black cat has gained weight and she's now grooming herself. Her coat is thin and she has no undercoat at all, but it's no longer dull or scruffy.

I texted her owner on the day after the cat came in, to tell her where her cat was, and she didn't even know it was missing. She said she would come and get her. That was two weeks ago, and she still hasn't come to get the cat. She lives across the hall from me, so there's really no effort involved.

Prayers up for your speedy and complete healing and quick recuperation. You deserve the best, Montrovant, and my heart is on your side. :thup:

Prayers up for your speedy and complete healing and quick recuperation. You deserve the best, Montrovant, and my heart is on your side. :thup:

The whole house has it: me, my girlfriend, and her son. She's the only one who hasn't actually gotten a positive test, but a couple of doctors she's spoken to said she should assume she has it based on her symptoms. Her son and I are both pretty much fine. I had maybe 3 days of symptoms, pretty much like a moderate cold. If COVID were not around yet and this were a different illness, I'd have missed one day of work, or more likely none. My lady has had nausea, headache, elevated temperature (but not at the 100.4 degree fever point), a little dizziness and shortness of breath. The shortness of breath was very short term, thankfully, as that's the one that concerns me.

I'm going to get tested tomorrow in the early afternoon. I won't be going to see the little one this weekend regardless of the results, but I decided that I would feel better about going back to work next Monday and going to see the little one for New Year's weekend if I get a negative test beforehand. Unfortunately, from my reading, you can test positive for COVID as much as a few months after your first positive test. Even with a positive test, I shouldn't be contagious anymore by Christmas or around there.

This has been crappy, but we're lucky none of us have had any serious symptoms. My lady and I both have parents that are high-risk, so we've had to avoid contact. I'm not sure how long we'll be doing that for.

Thank you for the well-wishes. I'm basically fine physically. :)

Question...anyone hear from Peach in Arizona? Haven't seen her in a long time. And Ernie? Does he still have his bar? He hasn't been here in forever. Is he ok? Both of them? Was thinking of them while pretending I am Gracie Slick in another thread (hickory farms), which made me think of woodstock which made me think of peach being the one that saved ernie from dying in a mud bog patch.

Anyway...anyone hear from either of them?

Foxfyre

Last edited:
Attn. Ringel:

I was at my doctor earlier, for a Covid test, prior to travel.

We got talking about healthcare. He’d practised in the US, and lauded the cancer treatments there. I brought up the regular checkups, which are routine here, but in the States are not followed through so rigorously.

Is it a matter of cost? Taking time off work, and not getting paid for it?

Forum List

Back