US Christians Grappling with America's Original Sin

/ā€”ā€”/ I couldnā€™t make it past ā€œoriginal sinā€ BS. Like the people in Virginia invented slavery. Just more Blame Whitey crapola.
Too triggering huh?

I understand.

But don't worry, cheer up buddy, life goes on.

I didn't watch because what does racism have to do with original sin? What have you done about your original sin?
Then you're literally communicating that you have no interest in this discussion. I've set the parameters

Ate you even a practicing Christian?

Still, you do not answer my question. It's because you can't. It means you are still marked with original sin.

Are you a practicing Christian? We live in a fallen world, so I'm sure we all have some racism. That's why this BLM incident has gripped the entire nation. It was more than just a simple case of a racist cop arresting an innocent black man because he was black and then proceeding to kill him.

I didn't watch because what does racism have to do with original sin? What have you done about your original sin?
Then you're literally communicating that you have no interest in this discussion. I've set the parameters

Ate you even a practicing Christian?

Still, you do not answer my question. It's because you can't. It means you are still marked with original sin.

Are you a practicing Christian? We live in a fallen world, so I'm sure we all have some racism. That's why this BLM incident has gripped the entire nation. It was more than just a simple case of a racist cop arresting an innocent black man because he was black and then proceeding to kill him.

BLM is a means to an end. This country needs open communication, acknowledgment, and understanding. In 2016 people elected Trump, those were white people that had no voice, that had been ignored by Democrats and Republicans. Everyone wants to be heard and acknowledged. Blacks have not been heard, they want a voice, to be heard and acknowledged. America has come along way in fighting racism, we need the next step. We need a dialogue, those who protested peacefully just want to be heard. We were all created in Godā€™s image, we are all equal, we are also under the commandment to love our neighbor. To do that we need to find where our neighbors are coming from, put ourselves in their shoes and show empathy. Many white Americans have worked our wholes lives and seem to never get a break, the black community feels the same way. Out and out racism is easy to spot and easy to stand up against. What we need to do now is to see the subtle racism.

Affirmative action is a case in point. White people dislike affirmative action because they feel the best qualified person should get the job. Before affirmative, because of racism disliked that the best person didnā€™t get the job because of their skin color. The same feelings, the same frustration and disappointment. We need to put ourselves in the other personā€™s shoes. Black donā€™t want affirmative action, because they want to know they were truly the best person. They donā€™t want to be the token black that has to prove day in and day out they were the best. Iā€™m not saying white people donā€™t get put into the same spot, they do but for different reasons.

BLM isnā€™t saying black lives are the most important, they are saying the feel oppressed, they feel they arenā€™t heard, they are not acknowledged. Black people also feel every life is precious. That is why they

When we wear pink for breast cancer, it isnā€™t because other cancer isnā€™t as bad. When we celebrate a birthday, it doesnā€™t mean all other birthdays arenā€™t important. It means they would like people to focus on why there is racism. Why police seem to target blacks.

Blacks and whites are both at fault at certain levels, that is why it needs to be discussed. To me Marc seems to be the only one that wants a dialogue. I know I disagree with him on many points, however if we can find an agreement on certain points and try to understand each personā€™s point, we can bridge a gap and progress to easing racial tensions.

The christian mafia is the very model of bigotry in its strive for pure form, so we're not surprised when one of their defenders projects 'bigot' onto a scapegoat, as in this thread. An exemplary thread to place as evidence of xian stupidity is this USMB pentecostal fire thread, which should have promptly (but didn't) answered as to why god already knew everything about the COVID-19 story, and when it would be ok to congregate:

'....#11 mamooth's anti-christian bigotry....'

It's the protection-racketism that engenders this stupidity, that is to say, this bigotry:

'In the environment of our early ancestors (Late Pleistocene Africa) the selective advantage went to hominids whose cognitive capacities enabled them to quickly detect relevant agents in the (natural [italics]) environment, and whose groups were adequately protected from the dissolution that could result from too many defectors and cheaters in the (social [it.]) environment. Prior to the pressures exerted by population expansion or by reduced access to ecological resources, hominid groups may well have been less prudish in their sociography. Whatever the unique conditions were that led some groups out of Africa, however, it seems clear that their survival was enhanced by the integration of theogonic forces.....Ideas of disembodies intentional forces may have been engendered by overly sensitive cognitive (detection [it.]), but it was overly sensitive coalitional (protection [it.]) that determined which ideas were maintained and nurtured by human groups. In other words, imaginative ideas about ghosts, gods or other supernatural agents are easily born in cognition but they must also be borne in cultures. Such ideas multiply rapidly in the mind, but the images that stick round are those that are more easily transmitted across generations and contribute to the cohesion of the group....dancing or other synchronic movement....a willingness to undergo painful rituals would have strengthened emotional bonds....and even increased susceptibility to the placebo effects of ritual healing.'
(Shults, Iconoclastic Theology: Gilles Deleuze and the Secretion of Atheism, pp.12-13)

This time en masse, the obstinate clinging to belief, a classic definition of bigotry.

Ok, how come all the white racists on USMB are Republicans?
I dont know of any confirmed white racists on this forum

We do. And the ones who aren't confirmed, we know.

Maybe you aren't for lynching blacks but you are against them every time a cop or George Zimmerman type murders one for no good reason.

Keep talking. Blacks are seeing what they have to lose by voting GOP.

BeyoncƩ urges public "to vote like our life depends on it, because it does"
View attachment 357012
More importantly black liberals tell black conservatives how wrong they are.
That's their right. I'm okay with it.

I just don't understand why they support a party that believes they can't succeed without help from white liberals.

It has been said with some merit that Christianity is a slave religion. It isn't the only religion that practiced slavery, but was very useful in convincing individuals to submit to slave-like conditions (submission, abstainence, working without profit, etc.), and is therefore a tool of those who wish to enslave others (whether formal ownership is established or not).
Odd, then, isn't it, that the only slaveowners today are Muslims?

It has been said with some merit that Christianity is a slave religion. It isn't the only religion that practiced slavery, but was very useful in convincing individuals to submit to slave-like conditions (submission, abstainence, working without profit, etc.), and is therefore a tool of those who wish to enslave others (whether formal ownership is established or not).

muslims claim that the fact that Islam never changes PROVES that it is DIVINE

We're finally in a time and space where this country is seriously taking a look at itself and it's history, particularly the Christian aspect, which is perhaps the most important aspect of it. It's a spiritual problem.

This thread is to feature discussions concerning the above and I'd like USMB Christians to chime in, after watching the videos of course. So, here we go...

We paid the price for slavery with the blood shed in the Civil War.

TOday, anyone that holds modern white people responsible for past slavery, is a want a be tyrant, looking to oppress whites, based on race.

I reject the idea of any responsibility for slavery for any white individual in this country.

Remember, kids, BLM aren't responsible for their actions today, but white people are responsible for the actions of a small percentage of their ancestors.

/ā€”ā€”/ I couldnā€™t make it past ā€œoriginal sinā€ BS. Like the people in Virginia invented slavery. Just more Blame Whitey crapola.
Too triggering huh?

I understand.

/ā€”ā€”/Not triggered, just tired of the ā€œeverybody elseā€™s fault but mineā€ crap out of libtards mouth.

We're finally in a time and space where this country is seriously taking a look at itself and it's history, particularly the Christian aspect, which is perhaps the most important aspect of it. It's a spiritual problem.

This thread is to feature discussions concerning the above and I'd like USMB Christians to chime in, after watching the videos of course. So, here we go...

Where in the Bible does it say that saving a man from dying a terrible death in Africa is a sin?
Where does it say that exchanging food, clothing, a warm bed and a roof for labor is a sin?

"Where in the Bible does it say that saving a man from dying a terrible death in Africa is a sin?
Where does it say that exchanging food, clothing, a warm bed and a roof for labor is a sin?"

so you are saying that enslaving blacks was for their own good?

ooops.....sorry....I know i can't use the word SLAVE....cons are such snowflakes....

so you are saying that FORCIBLY CHAINING BLACKS to do YOUR WORK was for their own good?

Beating and lynching them for trying to exercise THEIR freedom was for THEIR OWN GOOD?

seems to me it was for YOUR own good.

Again this topic rises to the top of political discussion as there is no ā€˜TOOLā€™ more effective for Democrats. They have steered the narrative and wrote all the PC laws based on Americaā€™s ugly past....SLAVERY. BUT, can we be certain that it was as UGLY as Democrats tell us it was?
Has anyone been able to uncover the data?
What percentage of slaves were mistreated by their slave owners?
What percentage preferred to escape a young death in Africa to trade labor for a chance at life, food, clothing, a warm bed and showers?
How many Africans have fought to get back to their homeland to live that amazing life they missed out on?
Scary to think about this...isn't it?
Can you imagine how powerless the Dem party would be if the real story of slavery were taught?

you grossly over-stated and misrepresented just as much AS DO THEY

ā€œGrossly over-stated and misrepresentedā€ because you said so?Is the other side of the story just too scary for you to think about?

I not only think about it, I LIVE IT. -----but I never
OVER exaggerate. Slaves shipped to the USA were
treated miserably-----both before and after. It is
true that, as a group, they have been misled by people that, as a group, they have taken as "LEADERS" but to
describe life on the plantation as 'warm bed, clothes,
good food' etc----is obscene. You are not alone---
I grew up in WASPville. There children were taught that the lucky "N^%%er" got to learn about Jesus.
Want a funny story?----my lutheran playmate refused to sing a song because it is a "jew song" -----the song was GO DOWN MOSES ---third grade. I was lucky too -----her mother took me along to sunday school with her daughter many times

I donā€™t disagree entirely; Iā€™m sure many slaves weā€™re mistreated and even abused...just like they were in Africa.
I do not believe they were mistreated and abused as the story being told suggests they were...I simply do not see good, god fearing folks abusing other human beings on any grand scale or in general...most couldnā€™t / wouldnā€™t abuse a dog.
Again, NONE ever fought to get back to their homelands after being set free...why do you think that is? If whitey was so terrible and abusive why wouldnā€™t they have put up a fight to be returned to Africa?

\
You never heard of LIBERIA? unfortunately it has been a disaster.------of course "whitey" did that too.
You should get around. In india every problem is a leftover from COLONIALISM ------now things are blowing up in Iran-----why-----DA ZIONISTS!!!!

It's okay. You can say "Jews". We know what you mean.

It's the 21st Century, not the 7th. They need to set their calendars forward 1400 years.

Where in the Bible does it say that saving a man from dying a terrible death in Africa is a sin?
Where does it say that exchanging food, clothing, a warm bed and a roof for labor is a sin?

"Where in the Bible does it say that saving a man from dying a terrible death in Africa is a sin?
Where does it say that exchanging food, clothing, a warm bed and a roof for labor is a sin?"

ooops.....sorry....I know i can't use the word SLAVE....cons are such snowflakes....

so you are saying that FORCIBLY CHAINING BLACKS to do YOUR WORK was for their own good?

Beating and lynching them for trying to exercise THEIR freedom was for THEIR OWN GOOD?

Again this topic rises to the top of political discussion as there is no ā€˜TOOLā€™ more effective for Democrats. They have steered the narrative and wrote all the PC laws based on Americaā€™s ugly past....SLAVERY. BUT, can we be certain that it was as UGLY as Democrats tell us it was?
What percentage preferred to escape a young death in Africa to trade labor for a chance at life, food, clothing, a warm bed and showers?
How many Africans have fought to get back to their homeland to live that amazing life they missed out on?
Can you imagine how powerless the Dem party would be if the real story of slavery were taught?

ā€œGrossly over-stated and misrepresentedā€ because you said so?Is the other side of the story just too scary for you to think about?

true that, as a group, they have been misled by people that, as a group, they have taken as "LEADERS" but to
I grew up in WASPville. There children were taught that the lucky "N^%%er" got to learn about Jesus.
Want a funny story?----my lutheran playmate refused to sing a song because it is a "jew song" -----the song was GO DOWN MOSES ---third grade. I was lucky too -----her mother took me along to sunday school with her daughter many times

I donā€™t disagree entirely; Iā€™m sure many slaves weā€™re mistreated and even abused...just like they were in Africa.
I do not believe they were mistreated and abused as the story being told suggests they were...I simply do not see good, god fearing folks abusing other human beings on any grand scale or in general...most couldnā€™t / wouldnā€™t abuse a dog.
Again, NONE ever fought to get back to their homelands after being set free...why do you think that is? If whitey was so terrible and abusive why wouldnā€™t they have put up a fight to be returned to Africa?

\
You never heard of LIBERIA? unfortunately it has been a disaster.------of course "whitey" did that too.
You should get around. In india every problem is a leftover from COLONIALISM ------now things are blowing up in Iran-----why-----DA ZIONISTS!!!!

actually, the AYATOILETS do say "zionists"------and of course, we know what they mean.

It's the 21st Century, not the 7th. They need to set their calendars forward 1400 years.

I think that we are now in 1441 ???? The date that I remember writing at the top of my school paper
was 1955. I do not remember ever writing 1954.
My personal calendar begins 1955. The Yankees played the Dodgers in the World Series that year
and Mickey Mantle was the most prized baseball card

\

actually, the AYATOILETS do say "zionists"------and of course, we know what they mean.

Yes, they refuse to take responsibility for the oppression of their people.

ROPMA.

I think that we are now in 1441 ???? The date that I remember writing at the top of my school paper
was 1955. I do not remember ever writing 1954.
My personal calendar begins 1955. The Yankees played the Dodgers in the World Series that year
and Mickey Mantle was the most prized baseball card
Hell, it'd be a vast improvement if Islam moved up to the 19th Century.

If there were no slavery, we would not be posting this nonsense all day long.

Everything would be so different. The lines of causality all switched.

All blacks would not be alive today. Would the entire black population give up their lives for slavery to have never happened?? Blacks should embrace what their ancestors went through and thank them for their lives.

Why doesn't anyone get that.

You would have no history to speak about without your ancestors. You wouldn't be here whining 24/7 here without slavery about slavery. You might be running from a hungry tiger today, that could be possible I guess.

Too triggering huh?

I understand.

/ā€”ā€”/Not triggered, just tired of the ā€œeverybody elseā€™s fault but mineā€ crap out of libtards mouth.
The OP is a discussion with a black preacher, who explains systemic racism better than I've heard before because he just uses examples. He's not a hair on fire libtard. He's a man of God who's experienced different things. You should listen to it. I didn't feel like I was being targeted for anything, being white.

Forum List

Back